• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2009
    Sounds good D.

Oh, and 'mechanical road thingy' = Treadmill wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah shame Let's see if it works, i am trying make my diet a bit more healthy too; do you keep on exercising?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've been keeping it up for over 2 months now and I'm really starting to feel and see the benefits.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Feeling it too although i just started, not seeing anything yet of course wink But it's nice, it makes me more energetic, filled with appetite to do things other than sit on my ass, eat and sleep all day which is what i usually did during the summer holidays, at my parents' home!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I started going to the gym a couple of months ago and I have to say, the results have been most impressive. Not a heavy workout - 45 minutes or so on the treadmill, cycle, rower and cross-trainer - and I've combined it with a very slight improvement in diet and modest reduction in alcohol consumption - but I've lost almost 10 kilos and feel a lot better. (Sadly, my honeymoon - which mostly consisted of eating - has probably reversed a lot of the good work, but I'll get back to it now I'm back.)
  1. jogging not joking?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    jogging not joking?

hahah i missed that! 30-40 minutes of joking would kill me! biggrin shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    I started going to the gym a couple of months ago and I have to say, the results have been most impressive. Not a heavy workout - 45 minutes or so on the treadmill, cycle, rower and cross-trainer - and I've combined it with a very slight improvement in diet and modest reduction in alcohol consumption - but I've lost almost 10 kilos and feel a lot better. (Sadly, my honeymoon - which mostly consisted of eating - has probably reversed a lot of the good work, but I'll get back to it now I'm back.)

Very glad about this! Keep it up! It's never too late smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    i.e. 30-40 minutes of joking / running on that mechanical road thingy

Oh, those Greeks and their gyms... wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009
    biggrin applause
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009
    biggrin That made me laugh!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009 edited
    Started up training again in May of this year and I'm still going strong in August punk cool

Others here still keeping up a fitness regime? D?, Martijn?, James? anyone?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Started up training again in May of this year and I'm still going strong in August punk cool

No, quite the contrary. I'm in almost as bad shape now as I was in my early 20's, when I led a very unhealthy lifestyle. Granted, some of my previously-mentioned condition has to take some of the blame for the lack of motivation and energy to start up again, but I haven't actually done things better for myself by reverting to chocolate every day, lots of potatoe chips during the weekends, TV dinners, lots of BEER etc. It's definitely comfort food, as the pain ain't so strong when I eat/drink.

But kudos to you, Tim, for managing to keep up for several months!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009
    Yes, I am, though only once weekly.
    I gather that for some truly remarkable transformations I should at the very least double that...

Well, first to finish that !)#$(%& thesis, and then we'll see what time I have to spare.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    You are all too active. (I almost fainted when reading D's crazy workout. I prefer joking for 40minutes, because that I might survive)

I'm lazy, sit mostly in front of my computer trying to figure out how to solve problems concerning this world, or doing nothing very intensive.

I should tart to run, I think about it regularly, but ... there isn't enough input.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt, 40 minutes of laughter is probably better than a thousand sit-ups biggrin beer

'tart to run'? Get yer tutu on Bregt cheesy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm always coming up with excuses not to go running now. slant

Yesterday I was too tired, today it's too rainy, tomorrow who knows... rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Did you run with music plugged in Anthony?
  2. Martijn wrote
    Yes, I am, though only once weekly.
    I gather that for some truly remarkable transformations I should at the very least double that...

Well, first to finish that !)#$(%& thesis, and then we'll see what time I have to spare.

What thesis?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Mine.
  3. MSc.?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2009
    Nar.
    Just a bachelor one.
  4. Timmer wrote

I want to go back, seriously need to get some condition again

but for now it remains so bloody expensive angry
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2009
    Timmer, i still am on mine and i have seen great improvement mostly on my overall physical condition for now (4 weeks is still too early to see real results on body) but i plan to continue my subscription at the local gym over in Thessaloniki when i get back 'cause i really like the results so far on my overall mood and the way i feel!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2009
    Good one D beer

Nothing like physical training to give yourself a feeling of health, confidence and well being. Physical activity makes for a healthy mind too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2009
    How's working out going for you?

I had to stop for a while 'till the frantic new schedule (new job, new degree (master's)) starts and forms and 'till i find any empty spaces in there for working out and i already miss it, and of course notice the result of this on my body and overall physical condition.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    How's working out going for you?

I had to stop for a while 'till the frantic new schedule (new job, new degree (master's)) starts and forms and 'till i find any empty spaces in there for working out and i already miss it, and of course notice the result of this on my body and overall physical condition.

So soon?

It took me at least three months before I really started to deteriorate (back in early 2009).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, my program - although mostly fitness based, was very intensive, i am not surprised. But i cut down the amounts of food i eat and completely cut out sweets, butter and generally fatty stuff (which i never really consumed before anyway) plus i don't eat at night and i am already seeing good results even without having the time to work out as much as i want, as we speak.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Last night I walked to the TV to change the channel because the batteries had run out in my remote. I'm taking it easy today.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Last night I walked to the TV to change the channel because the batteries had run out in my remote. I'm taking it easy today.

I know whattcha mean bud, stressful stuff eh!?