• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2009
    sdtom wrote
    Normally unless the ball is in the photo and it is a bit sharper I won't even keep it but in this case the action and especially the dust were so good I had to keep it. We won the game 5-3 which put a smile on my tired face as I left the stadium.
    Thomas cheesy

http://rapidshare.com/files/206070327/u … 9.jpg.html

Haha, cool!

LSH wrote
    I caught this gorgeous sunset over the ocean from the balcony the other night:

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp10 … 000330.jpg

That is so unfair!!!! angry
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    I caught this gorgeous sunset over the ocean from the balcony the other night:

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp10 … 000330.jpg

MMmmmmmmmmmm! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Another one tomorrow
    listen to more classical music!
  1. There's something quite carnivorous lurking in the garden...and it's not this mouse!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2009 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    There's something quite carnivorous lurking in the garden...and it's not this mouse!

cool

I would guess it's just insects, a cat would have a good munch......in the case of Gomez he downs the entire thing, I've seen him do it on numerous occasions.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2009
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    There's something quite carnivorous lurking in the garden...and it's not this mouse!

Hmm, this reminds me of the graveyard scene from The Omen for some reason...
  2. Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

cool

I would guess it's just insects, a cat would have a good munch......in the case of Gomez he downs the entire thing, I've seen him do it on numerous occasions.

I think that it would be insects of some kind. I remember it all happening really quickly. I'd just assumed that it was ants.

But what I couldn't fathom was the neat pile of what looks like seeds. Obviously, whatever it was that consumed the mouse wasn't too keen on their vegetables!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2009
    cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2009
    To get just the right picture I had to shoot at least 50. When I talk about the right picture I mean his delivery, the ball, his feet in the frame etc.
    Thomas

http://rapidshare.com/files/206822827/t … d.jpg.html
    MD5: 60CA4C5C1582376C61A816EB776F0329
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2009
    Had a great weekend in Snowdonia (north Wales) this weekend. Today we were going to climb Snowdon (Wales's highest mountain). We survived heavy rain and then snow for the first half, but then a very fierce hail storm forced us to turn round. We'll go back in summer. Did get some nice pictures though.

Here's today's pic.
  3. Southall wrote
    Had a great weekend in Snowdonia (north Wales) this weekend. Today we were going to climb Snowdon (Wales's highest mountain). We survived heavy rain and then snow for the first half, but then a very fierce hail storm forced us to turn round. We'll go back in summer. Did get some nice pictures though.

Here's today's pic.

Funny, here it was fine - mostly.
  4. Southall wrote

Here's today's pic.

Nice!

If I'd known you were around I would have pointed you in the direction of Llyn Idwal. This wasn't taken this weekend but last summer.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

Here's today's pic.

Great pic.

I've been to the top of Snowdon once but visiblity was nil. Still, all the mist and stuff was really spooky and we enjoyed the experience.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2009 edited
    Holy, that's a great landscape! How far is that from where you live James/Timmer?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Holy, that's a great landscape! How far is that from where you live James/Timmer?

Not so far 'as the crow flies' but there's no simple straight route, just lots of winding roads. It's a beautiful drive though.

It's been too long ( 7-8 years? ) since I was last there, it's about 3-4 hours drive from Bristol....James?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Southall wrote

Here's today's pic.

Beautiful photo! Blue sky and white clouds, mountains, fields, river (or sea?)... love them all. smile
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2009 edited
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/WW … C02731.jpg

This is the strange cloud I saw in Sado Island two years ago. Two-color sky! shocked
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Bregt wrote

Not so far 'as the crow flies' but there's no simple straight route, just lots of winding roads. It's a beautiful drive though.

It's been too long ( 7-8 years? ) since I was last there, it's about 3-4 hours drive from Bristol....James?

Yeah, took about 3.5 hours. A very beautiful part of the country!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    My assignment was a shot of Nate who pitched for the first time this year. He was injured last year and has been going through rehab.

http://rapidshare.com/files/207189662/n … w.jpg.html
    MD5: 6DDA803F189B06DD606728C3FF32880A

Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2009 edited
    James' photo taken in Snowdonia reminded me of a time Anne and I were in the Lake District.

A couple of friends of Anne's - who were much more into hill walking that we were - took us on a bit of a trek around the BUTTERMERE area of the Lake District.

For anyone who knows the Lake District we started out at a slate mine at the Honister Pass and then headed out towards Hay Stacks and High Crag (from where this photo of Buttermere (and Crummock Water in the distance) was taken.)

It was a great day - but I was totally exhausted by the end of it.

Back to birds tomorrow I think...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2009
    Nice shot of buttermere
  5. sdtom wrote
    Nice shot of buttermere

Thanks, Tom!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    James' photo taken in Snowdonia reminded me of a time Anne and I were in the Lake District.

A couple of friends of Anne's - who were much more into hill walking that we were - took us on a bit of a trek around the BUTTERMERE area of the Lake District.

For anyone who knows the Lake District we started out at a slate mine at the Honister Pass and then headed out towards Hay Stacks and High Crag (from where this photo of Buttermere (and Crummock Water in the distance) was taken.)

I think I've taken a similar walk! A wonderful part of the world.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2009 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote

It was a great day - but I was totally exhausted by the end of it.

Back to birds tomorrow I think...

Great pic Alan smile

WARNING ( Ye olde Timmer annecdote time )

The first time I went to the Lakes was with two friends, one of whom had worked and walked there for many years, after a days walking around and up Great Gable where we started at 8.00AM in the morning on what turned out to be a beautiful, clear and VERY HOT day we were on our way back to camp via a good pub along the way and boy were we all thirsty for a beer by then, it was about 5.00PM and my mate says he knows a short cut that should knock off half an hours walking and estimating we'd get to this pub at about 6.30'ish, I think you'll guess what's coming, yep, that's right, we were completely LOST!!!

We finally made it to that pub, dehydrated, exhausted and with feet that felt like they'd been crucified, at 9.00PM and not much daylight left to spare. An ice cold BEER has never tasted as good before or ever since that little incident biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Another one from my trip to Snowdonia, this time of white water rafting. I had no desire to do it myself, so my friends did it and I took the photos!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Another one from my trip to Snowdonia, this time of white water rafting. I had no desire to do it myself, so my friends did it and I took the photos!

Great action shot James punk

...but ya wussed out!? slant tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    For the present at least my pictures will be baseball only.
  6. What I like about this photo of a gull is that it's feathers are so clean and white!

This gull was waiting with numerous friends waiting for scraps being dropped by recent patrons of a chippy in Portree; a chippy that's the only place I've seen actually serve deep-fried Mars bars.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

Great action shot James punk

...but ya wussed out!? slant tongue

I'm a first-class wuss, I'm afraid. That sort of thing just doesn't appeal.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2009
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    What I like about this photo of a gull is that it's feathers are so clean and white!

Pure. Evil.