• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2009 edited
    I agree with you both beer I like the odd beer or Guinness but I'm more of a lager man. Britain seems to have a bad rep for serving warm "beer" with our foreign cousins who don't seem to realise that 'LAGER'* is always served COLD and is NOT 'beer' which is served cool or at room temperature.

*even though I also catagorise lager as beer dizzy beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2009
    I like lager (which SHOULD be very cool, I think) but much prefer an ale. In my 15 years of beer drinking in this country I haven't been served a warm beer on a single occasion, so I don't know where this reputation comes from.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Horse's piss, actually.
    Striking resemblance in texture as well.

Can't understand for the life of me why people voluntarily drink the stuff. :shudder:
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Ha ha. I think you are still in the other topic Martijn!
    I have a friend who hates beer like you. He was served one and while the hosts were in the kitchen, watered the plants with it..
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn hates all manly things, it would seem. Is he in fact a woman?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    The people who marketed beer as a "manly" thing deserve the Nobel Prize and to be shot (not necessarily in that order).

Anyone who can convince half the population of the earth that a fizzy sissy drink that does nothing but make you desperately want to pee is manly, truly is exceedingly brilliant. And dangerous.

Tintin wrote
    Ha ha. I think you are still in the other topic Martijn!

My discontent is universal and omnipresent.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote
    Horse's piss, actually.
    Striking resemblance in texture as well.

Can't understand for the life of me why people voluntarily drink the stuff. :shudder:

I can see why you react that way if you have sampled the wrong type of beer. For instance, there is a silly LIME craze going on over here right now. Bud Light introduced a LIME beer a few months ago and now everyone is doing it. It some of the most Godawful shit I've ever put into this body.

However, if you sample something like an oak aged Innis & Gunn with it's malty palette with hints of toffee, vanilla and citrus. A complex yet most satisfying beer.

Not all beer tastes or looks like pee.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ooo. I like lime.

Beer, not so much.
    At all. Actually.

Though in all truth: there is a beer mix on the market -according to beer connaisseurs (which I gather is something like a mars bar connaisseur) a demonic and utterly vile and evil brew - called Desperados, that mixes beer, tequila and lime, which I'm particularly fond of.

Though to be even more truthful, half the fun is the utterly shocked faces around the table when I enthusiastically and loudly order it. shame
    Yes.
    I'm petty. shame
    I know. shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2009
    Petty? No!

Girly? Yes!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Took you five hours to get away from the toilet to react?
    I swear, the easiest way to get rich is to sell beers for 50 p. and charge a quid for toilet visits. biggrin

And seeing as it's still morning, I'll have another Mimosa please, garçon!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Have you tried Rodenbach Martijn? My favourite Belgian beer, and people always say it tastes like red wine. It's not a fruity beer, like the Krieks with tons of sugar. It's a delicious dark beer, with an exceptional good taste.

All other beer is indeed less.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Beer is a true Godsend. No wait, beer and steak. Actually, beer, steak and boobies. Wait, beer and steak on boobies.

Don't judge me, I didn't get much sleep last night.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    I didn't get much sleep last night.

Unless that has to do with the three aspects mentioned in your post above, I see no reason to postpone the gravest of judgement.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    Have you tried Rodenbach Martijn?

Sounds like a nazi.
    I hate those guys.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Have you tried Rodenbach Martijn?

Sounds like a nazi.
    I hate those guys.

biggrin beer

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Somehow coffee just seems better to me
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2009
    Erik Woods wrote
    I can see why you react that way if you have sampled the wrong type of beer. For instance, there is a silly LIME craze going on over here right now. Bud Light introduced a LIME beer a few months ago and now everyone is doing it. It some of the most Godawful shit I've ever put into this body.

Well, Budweiser tastes like piss anyway, with lime or not.

Beer rules, although I must admit that today - with one of the most terrible hangovers I've had in years - the prospect of drinking one isn't too uplifting.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    For Thor coffee rules today
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Beer rules, although I must admit that today - with one of the most terrible hangovers I've had in years - the prospect of drinking one isn't too uplifting.

So Thor, did you get ....ummmmmmm....tied up in things!?? biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

So Thor, did you get ....ummmmmmm....tied up in things!?? biggrin wink

He, he...no, managed to avoid that, fortunately. It was more circus than S&M anyway, you know fire artists and fakirs and stuff.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    How disappointing!
    I was looking forward to tales of unspeakable depravity on the Sunday morning. sad

Oh well. Back to Shaun The Sheep then.
  1. Erik Woods wrote
    sdtom wrote
    I don't think he held back IMHO

He didn't. I just saw the race. He was going full out!!!

-Erik-

I think he did rolleyes
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    sdtom wrote
    I don't think he held back IMHO

He didn't. I just saw the race. He was going full out!!!

-Erik-

I think he did rolleyes

How so? If you look at the video his is stride and speed doesn't change unlike his Olympic performance were it was CLEAR that he let up during the last 10 metres or so.

-Erik-
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    How so? If you look at the video his is stride and speed doesn't change unlike his Olympic performance were it was CLEAR that he let up during the last 10 metres or so.

-Erik-

I think it is the basic manner how he continues to look back and besides him (that must keep him from maintaining the best possible speed, plus concentration will be lost during those small moments)
    plus, why would he? He knows he's already won, and if you run now at the top it would be much more difficult to improve such a time, rather than hold back and break it in the next important race
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I think it is the basic manner how he continues to look back and besides him (that must keep him from maintaining the best possible speed, plus concentration will be lost during those small moments)
    plus, why would he? He knows he's already won, and if you run now at the top it would be much more difficult to improve such a time, rather than hold back and break it in the next important race

I don't agree with your second point. This the the top track meet in the world and you go full out or go home. I don't believe in this saving it for another day... especially in track unless its a qualifying race.

As for Bolt looking back... the only time he moved his head was at the last 10 metres to see the finish line where he then moved his torso and head forward when crossing the finish line. If you aren't going full out or trying your best you don't lean forward at the end of the race... you just run through.

-Erik-
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I don't agree with your second point. This the the top track meet in the world and you go full out or go home. I don't believe in this saving it for another day... especially in track unless its a qualifying race.

As for Bolt looking back... the only time he moved his head was at the last 10 metres to see the finish line where he then moved his torso and head forward when crossing the finish line. If you aren't going full out or trying your best you don't lean forward at the end of the race... you just run through.

-Erik-

everyone wants to be the best, especially in this competition, but top sporters always want to improve themselves the next day, so why wouldn't he save just a little for another day?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeay, Norway just got its first gold medal in the championship (javelin) on the last day! Andreas Torkildsen then becomes the first ever javelin thrower to be a European Champion, World Champion AND Olympic Champion at the same time. Not even Jan Selezny managed that. In fact, I'm not even sure many other European track-and-fielders can claim the same.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Thor wrote
    Yeay, Norway just got its first gold medal in the championship (javelin) on the last day! Andreas Torkildsen then becomes the first ever javelin thrower to be a European Champion, World Champion AND Olympic Champion at the same time. Not even Jan Selezny managed that. In fact, I'm not even sure many other European track-and-fielders can claim the same.

what the bloody hell is javelin? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Throwing spears, one of the most ancient sports of them all!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2009 edited
    Javelin?

Michael Caine would say...

'don't you. point. those bloody spears. at me.