• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2009
    I've always been a huge fan of his, ever since I was part of the rave scene in the 90's, and his career is particularly exciting now that he's decided to focus his attention on film work.

I snoozed around youtube and found many interesting Oakenfold videos, for example this one, which should be interesting to film music fans or fans of John Powell and the BOURNE scores:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNTKvIQUqrY

I didn't even know that there was a BOURNE computer game, nor that Oakenfold had scored it, but interesting stuff. It's great to hear someone who REALLY knows how to produce and incorporate electronic beats in a more string-based idiom (or vice versa). Also cool to see this kind of music performed in a "hip" environment without geeks and nerds all over the place. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2009 edited
    WANT.

Edit
    Listening to this the second time, I like it even less. I can hear that Oakenfold is clearly trying to follow the Powell sound but with a more obvious techno bent. If it's available, I'll download it, but it's not a must have anymore.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2009
    Let's take it easy, folks. Don't everybody chime in at once! :D
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2009 edited
    Pretty cool medley. Kinda funny and unusual to see those young people dancing to video game music, as if they're at a Britney Spears concert. biggrin

I do love the idea of showing well-edited clips in the background though. I wish they'd do that more often in film music concerts.

Peter smile