• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2009
    If you have an MP3 player/media player that keeps tabs on the times you play things, what are your top 10 most played tracks?

I don't know how long mine has been keeping tabs from (November-ish I think) and this is what I've got:

Time To Get Out - Quantum Of Solace - 31 times
    Hog Chase (Part 1) - Paycheck - 30 times
    Bristow And Bristow - Alias (Season 1) - 28 times
    Hollywood Blvd - Hancock - 25 times
    Bim Bam Smash - The Bourne Supremacy - 24 times
    Helluvacopter Chase - MI3 - 22 times
    The New Plan - The Italian Job - 19 times
    The Moon And The Superhero - Hancock - 18 times
    Backseat Driver - Tomorrow Never Dies - 12 times
    Buckbeak's Flight - The Prisoner Of Azkaban - 10 times

4 composers?! I'm ashamed with myself. shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Here we go!

1. "End Credits (Film Version)" - The Mummy Returns - Alan Silvestri - 51 plays
    2. "Visitor in San Diego" - The Lost World: Jurassic Park - John Williams - 38 plays
    3. "Building The Crate" - Chicken Run - John Powell and Harry Gregson-Williams - 32 plays
    4. "Anakin's Dark Deeds" - Revenge of the Sith - John Williams - 31 plays
    5. "Celebrate Discovery" - American Journey - John Williams - 29 spins
    6. "Care of the Spitfire Grill" - The Spitfire Grill - James Horner - 28 plays
    7. "True Inspiration" - America! - Christopher Lennertz - 28 plays
    8. "Ecstasy of Gold" - Cinema Concerto: Ennio Morricone at Santa Cecilia - Ennio Morricone - 28 plays
    9. "The Mission: Gabriel's Oboe - The Falls" - Yo-Yo Ma Plays Ennio Morricone - Ennio Morricone - 28 plays
    10. "The Breaking of the Fellowship" - The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - Howard Shore - 28 plays

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Here we go!

2. "Visitor in San Diego" - The Lost World: Jurassic Park - John Williams - 38 plays
    3. "Building The Crate" - Chicken Run - John Powell and Harry Gregson-Williams - 32 plays
    8. "Ecstasy of Gold" - Cinema Concerto: Ennio Morricone at Santa Cecilia - Ennio Morricone - 28 plays
    9. "The Mission: Gabriel's Oboe - The Falls" - Yo-Yo Ma Plays Ennio Morricone - Ennio Morricone - 28 plays
    10. "The Breaking of the Fellowship" - The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - Howard Shore - 28 plays

-Erik-

Do you not like good music then Erik!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Apparently not.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Here we go!

-Erik-

Do you not like good music then Erik!?

confused sad

Really confused?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Just a little joke Erik wink

I thought it obvious it was a great playlist so the irony is that I said you didn't like good music!?

....oh well rolleyes <--shrug
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Just a little joke Erik wink

I thought it obvious it was a great playlist so the irony is that I said you didn't like good music!?

....oh well rolleyes <--shrug

I kinda thought it was a joke but sometimes... sometimes... you don't know.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    How do you keep track of most played pieces? I don't think winamp does that, right?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Not aware of Winamp doing that, indeed. Maybe iTunes does, though.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. With over 5600 tracks on my player and them being played in random order it's taking a long time for tracks to get above 1-2 plays - though there are tracks that appear to be being played a bit more frequently, suggesting that random isn't truly random!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2009
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Not aware of Winamp doing that, indeed. Maybe iTunes does, though.

Exactly. And I've set up a Smart Playlist to track my 100 most placed cues.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    With over 5600 tracks on my player and them being played in random order it's taking a long time for tracks to get above 1-2 plays - though there are tracks that appear to be being played a bit more frequently, suggesting that random isn't truly random!

Then I guess the real question is what your computer thinks are the best in your library.

Here's my list. I'm actually surprised by some of them, others not at all:

Dragon Boy - Joe Hisaishi - Sprited Away - 38 plays
    Avalanche - Jerry Goldsmith - Mulan - 33 plays
    Escape/Chase/Saying Goodbye - John Williams - E.T. - 27 plays
    Knowing You by Heart - Patrick Doyle - A Little Princess - 26 plays
    Adagio and Transfiguration - Elliot Godenthal - Final Fantasy the Spirits Within - 23 plays
    Lighting of the Beacons - Howard Shore - Return of the King Complete Recordings - 23 plays
    Transformation - Alan Menken - Beauty and the Beast - 19 plays
    Icarus - Howard Shore - The Aviator - 17 plays
    Parting Words - Michael Giacchino - Lost Season One - 16 plays
    The Water Goblin Op. 107 Antonín Dvoƙák - 14 plays

If it could count playing only part of a track, some of these would be booted off the list. I listen to the first few minutes of "Seven Years in Tibet" but rarely finish the entire track.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    David wrote
    If it could count playing only part of a track, some of these would be booted off the list. I listen to the first few minutes of "Seven Years in Tibet" but rarely finish the entire track.

If you are using iTunes to can see how many times you've skipped a track.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    Erik Woods wrote
    David wrote

-Erik-

I don't actually "skip" it though. I just double click to start another track. You actually have to hit the next button for it to record it as a skip.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    David wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    David wrote

-Erik-

I don't actually "skip" it though. I just double click to start another track. You actually have to hit the next button for it to record it as a skip.

wink

-Erik-
  3. David wrote
    Then I guess the real question is what your computer thinks are the best in your library.

That's one way of looking at it!

All these tracks are ones that I chose myself as "favourites" so anything that's played should be a good choice!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. 1. "Press Conference" - Love, Actually - Craig Armstrong
    2. "The Trees" - Medicine Man - Jerry Goldsmith
    3. "Cadillac of the Skies" - Empire of the Sun - John Williams
    4. "Ladies in Lavender" - Ladies in Lavender - Nigel Hess
    5. "Restaurant" - Love, Actually - Craig Armstrong
    6. "Harry in Winter" - Harry Potter 4 - Patrick Doyle
    7. "Liz On Top of the World" - Pride and Prejudice - Dario Marianelli
    8. "For Love of a Poet" - The Disappearance of Garcia Lorca - Mark McKenzie
    9. "You're Just a Man Whom God Loves" - The Last Sin Eater - Mark McKenzie
    10. "That Next Place" - Meet Joe Black - Thomas Newman
  5. One of the things I DO like about iTunes is the almost limitless statistics that seems to be accessible from that software. I've been trying to see if I can access the play counts from my Zen on something like MediaSource or MediaMonkey but I can't seem to find any way of displaying the information - short of adding "scripts" to somewhere for MediaMonkey.
    rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2009
    Well, actually, Winamp can count that stuff too. In the media library, go to "Audio", and in the bottom window (not browser, but where the songs appear) there's a column called "Play count". It's possible that it's hidden, but you can unhide it by right clicking the column headers.

Also, for those who want 'extended' statistics, I'd suggest last.fm. It keeps track of what songs you play on your computer. It's not 100% compatible with portable music players unfortunately, but there are some ways to work around that. I've been scrobbling (that's what they call it) for a few years now.

My statistics ( :ashamed: )
    Richard Gibbs – Are You Alive/Battlestar Galactica Main Title (264)
    Bear McCreary – Prelude to War (249)
    Bear McCreary – The Shape of Things to Come (229)
    Richard Gibbs – Goodbye, Baby (226)
    Richard Gibbs – Starbuck Buck Buck (205)
    Richard Gibbs – To Kiss or Not to Kiss (196)
    Richard Gibbs – Six Sex (192)
    Bear McCreary – Passacaglia (191)
    Richard Gibbs – Deep Sixed (190)
    Richard Gibbs – The Sense of Six (188)

But, for instance, over the last 6 months, these are my favs:
    Murray Gold – All the Strange, Strange Creatures (The Trailer Music) (56)
    Murray Gold – Doomsday full track (42)
    Michael Nyman – The Other Side (29)
    Michael Nyman – Impromptu for 12 Fingers (27)
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2009
    I could post a top10 of my itunes play count, but it would be pretty worthless, since all the top entries are tracks that played on repeat all night after I had gone to bed without switching my computer off.

My no.1 for instance is: "Toshihiko Sahashi - The Big O - Spirit", played 548 times.

I can't even remember how it sounds like.

Peter dizzy
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2009
    Not only soundtracks but here it goes:

1. "Loss of a Twin" - Eagle Eye - Brian Tyler
    2. "Voyage to Avalon" - Avalon - Kenji Kawai
    3. "Just Like You Imagined" - Fragile - Nine Inch Nails
    4. "Battle Adagio" - Rambo - Brian Tyler
    5. "Central Park" - King Kong - James Newton Howard
    6. "Main Title" - Dark Angel - Joel McNeely
    7. "Corona Radiata" - The Slip - Nine Inch Nails
    8. "Brooks Was Here" - The Shawshank Redemption - Thomas Newman
    9. "I Am a Spaceman" - Moog OST - Charlie Clouser
    10. "Coil" - Watershed - Opeth
  6. Nobody's posted in this thread for a few years? High time to revive it. tongue

I've been making sure to keep my plays updated pretty much ever since I started collecting (2007) - I've switched computers a couple times since then but I found a way to keep the music's metadata intact (I'd have gone insane otherwise!) and since iPod plays do sync up with iTunes, I'd like to think this is pretty much definitive. Perhaps that's why there's a certain composer - the one who got me into this whole film music rag - who's represented rather heavily. wink

1. "Parlay" - Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End - Hans Zimmer - 106
    2. "Main Title" - Beowulf - Alan Silvestri - 100
    3. "Up is Down" - Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End - Hans Zimmer/Henry Jackman - 97
    4. "Clutch Then Shift" - Eagle Eye - Brian Tyler - 93 (I was obsessed with this cue when I first heard this score, gathered something like 50 plays over a couple months)
    5. "160 BPM" - Angels and Demons - Hans Zimmer - 91
    6. "Budget Meeting" - King Arthur - Hans Zimmer - 88
    6. "Like a Dog Chasing Cars" - The Dark Knight - Hans Zimmer - 88
    8. "Forbidden Friendship" - How to Train Your Dragon - John Powell - 84
    9. "To Glory" - Invincible/Nero - Thomas Bergersen (Two Steps from Hell) - 79
    10. "The Battle" - Gladiator - Hans Zimmer - 78

Really, I consider "Up is Down" my most played cue of all time, because I've barely played it since I got the "Marry Me" suite. If I combine the plays from the three cues from At World's End that contain that particular music - "Up is Down" (97) + "Marry Me" (62) + "Drink Up Me Hearties" (42), the resulting 201 plays leave everything else in my collection in the dust. punk