• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2009
    I love almost all JW scores. But my handpicked favourites would be Empire Strikes Back, Jurassic Park (my first JW score ever), Lost World, Memoirs Of A Geisha, Prisoner of Azkaban and Hook.

I can't wait for Tintin, and hope he's back for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    HOOK easily

Because it has everything, simply everything punk

Agree 100%. The same goes for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    IMO John Williams has only done a handful of misfires, it would be far easier to list all the scores of his I don't care for and that would be mostly his 1960's comedy fluff.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I have 40-50 cd's by Williams, and there's really just one that I absolutely won't listen to anymore: Sabrina! I think it's awful, but maybe that's just me? smile

But a favorite score must be Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom or The Empire Strikes Back.
  1. Artworks wrote
    Timmer wrote
    IMO John Williams has only done a handful of misfires, it would be far easier to list all the scores of his I don't care for and that would be mostly his 1960's comedy fluff.

I prefer late 70's - 90's Williams but looking at everyone elses choices there isn't a bad one amongst them.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I have 40-50 cd's by Williams, and there's really just one that I absolutely won't listen to anymore: Sabrina! I think it's awful, but maybe that's just me? smile

But a favorite score must be Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom or The Empire Strikes Back.

you can't go wrong with these two

it is so hard to say just one all time favourite JW score, I think everyone can mention easily 5 instead who are equally worth it
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Supergirl.
  2. Nautilus wrote
    Supergirl.

that's one way to be a thread killer wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2009
    Artworks wrote
    I was thinking the exact same thing. I have 40-50 cd's by Williams, and there's really just one that I absolutely won't listen to anymore: Sabrina! I think it's awful, but maybe that's just me? smile[/b]

Really? I think it's a throw back score for Williams. A charming, old fashioned score with a wonderful main theme. Easily listening at its finest.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2009
    JURASSIC PARK
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Hook - most definitely for me.
    But E.T. The Extraterrestrial is fantastic too...so that would be my second choice.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2009
    MY ultimate favorite would have to be Superman: The Movie with Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and Jurassic Park as runners-up.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2009 edited
    That's too hard a question !
    Only one ?!!
    Can I name my top 10 , that would be a bit easier ... wink

Or top 30 ... lol
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2009
    Filmscoregirl wrote
    Hook - most definitely for me.
    But E.T. The Extraterrestrial is fantastic too...so that would be my second choice.

ET is so emotional! It's lovely.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2009
    Eric wrote
    That's too hard a question !
    Only one ?!!
    Can I name my top 10 , that would be a bit easier ... wink

Or top 30 ... lol

Yes, of course, go ahead with your top 10 or top 30 scores of John Williams. kiss
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2009
    If I can name only one then it must be HOOK
  4. The Empire Strikes Back. A common choice, but I love every single bit of it. After a while, some people become immune to the Imperial March and other classic star wars themes, but I'm still impressed with it all.
    I'm your Piper at the gates of dawn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2009
    Grimble Gromble wrote
    The Empire Strikes Back. A common choice, but I love every single bit of it. After a while, some people become immune to the Imperial March and other classic star wars themes, but I'm still impressed with it all.

I love it too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2009 edited
    It's a battle between JOHN GOLDFARB, PLEASE COME HOME and NOT WITH MY WIFE YOU DON'T.

Ooooooohoho...

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    It's a battle between JOHN GOLDFARB, PLEASE COME HOME and NOT WITH MY WIFE YOU DON'T.

Ooooooohoho...

-Erik-

Tough choices Erik??? slant At a push I personally would go with 'Goldfarb'.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Ooooooohoho...

-Erik-

Tough choices Erik??? slant At a push I personally would go with 'Goldfarb'.

NWMWYD is actually quite good, at least the original LP presentation (the expanded FSM is much too long for such a score). Very catchy title song, although not as catchy as GUIDE FOR THE MARRIED MAN. GOLDFARB, on the other hand, is a bomb no matter how you present it!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Empire Strikes Back is feeble compared with Goldfarb.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2009
    PawelStroinski wrote
    lol

Don't laugh, it's TRUE!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2009
    This thread is getting VERY close to being deleted for heresy...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2009
    Martijn wrote

Why, Martin? What's the reason? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote
    Martijn wrote

You need to develop a sense of humor, Sunil.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sunil wrote
    Martijn wrote

I agree with Sunil, Martijn's words were extremely threatening and it wouldn't be the first time he'd threatened a thread with apocalyptic threatening threats of threateningness.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn is out of control. Intervention!
  6. Steven wrote

There are days this whole board is out of control. I come back the next day and there are 100+ new posts in Now Playing... WTF. shocked
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2009
    Erik Woods wrote
    Sunil wrote
    Martijn wrote

You need to develop a sense of humor, Sunil.

-Erik-

I love to but you know sometimes my sense of humour may go in vain or lead to misunderstanding. Am i right? In fact, i am a very jovial person. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    Steven wrote

There are days this whole board is out of control. I come back the next day and there are 100+ new posts in Now Playing... WTF. shocked

I will post my new Now Playing posts here:

NP: Godzilla - David Arnold

Threateningly good!
    Kazoo