• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Quantum of Solace (Arnold)

I find this score pretty, pretty interesting.

the whole score has some king of dramatic sense all the time that really makes me be unconfortable (in a good sense of the word).

"perla de las lunas" with the electronic touch and the Barry homenages is irresistible.

And How I said hundreds of time "night of the opera" is one of the most original and one of the greatest pieces from Arnold ever! Anyone with me?

Odd, Jordi, that you quote Night At The Opera as one of Arnold's most "original" pieces as the piece sounds like a mash of John Barry and Craig Armstrong to me. Still, I do agree with you that it's a fantastic track.

havent answered why its so original Jordi?

:

No, I didn't.

Oh! You want an aswer.... tongue

More than the tune, or the strings....I mean the use of synth.

"night at the opera" is pretty original because the use of synth and soundcape it creates. Arnold takes elements from other composers, but without being too obvious, and put all together to create a very original track.

NP:Stargate (Arnold)

A little bit repetitive....but fuc_king amazing!!!

3 X : eXotic, eXiting and seXual (this last word it's only for use another word with X )

"Battle at the pyramid" beer beer beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2009 edited
    You know, censoring a swear word doesn't work if you spell it in full. F_uck sake.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote
    You know, censoring a swear word doesn't work if you spell it in full. F_uck sake.

lol lol
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Steven wrote

Yeah I know, But I didn't want to say "fucking"

Oh, dammed!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Eh, just say it. Fuck fuck fuck. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Steven wrote
    Eh, just say it. Fuck fuck fuck. beer

Fucking Messenger..today It doesn't work!

oops, I did it again (how Britney spears use to say )
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : On Her Majesty's Secret Service - John Barry

On of my all time favourite Bond scores .
    The action cues are just FANTASTIC ! cool
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Eric wrote
    NP : On Her Majesty's Secret Service - John Barry

On of my all time favourite Bond scores .
    The action cues are just FANTASTIC ! cool

Oh Oh Heaven cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote

I had to show this to my wife this morning. We both had a good chuckle.

lol

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : PER UN PUGNO DI DOLLARI ( aka A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS ) - Ennio Morricone

Love it love it love it! punk Fantastic Saturday afternoon listening.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

lol

-Erik-

wink

Memphis Belle George Fenton

I'd never heard this one until a couple of days ago. I think Fenton should score every movie with a plane in it from now on! shocked
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

lol

-Erik-

wink

Memphis Belle George Fenton

I'd never heard this one until a couple of days ago. I think Fenton should score every movie with a plane in it from now on! shocked

Check out the film too Steven, it's very good.

Typically, the film was supposed to be about the RAF and Lancaster bombers but the big wigs figured they couldn't sale it to the US unless they made it about yank pilots stationed in England rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    At least they got a British composer to score it. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    GEOF ZANELLI - Outlander

Being mysteriously auto-dragged back to this for a couple of more listens today..
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Typically, the film was supposed to be about the RAF and Lancaster bombers but the big wigs figured they couldn't sale it to the US unless they made it about yank pilots stationed in England rolleyes

When THIS big bastard flies over our house in the summer it's definitely a sight to see. And what a sound it makes. The Lancaster in that photo is actually one of only two in the world that are airworthy. The other one is operated by Battle of Britain Memorial Flight. HERE is a shot of it in the air! What a beauty!!!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Christodoulides wrote
    GEOF ZANELLI - Outlander

Being mysteriously auto-dragged back to this for a couple of more listens today..

My God, there isn't a modern score which isn't included in this surprisingly well-built soup of cliches. King Arthur and Dark Knight are grand references, The Last Samurai, 300 and Blackhawk Down and almost every Zimmer "war" or "epic" score ever written, in this crazily serious RC-fanfare where the hordes of bass, reverb and synthetic choirs are getting ready to battle!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote

When THIS big bastard flies over our house in the summer it's definitely a sight to see. And what a sound it makes. The Lancaster in that photo is actually one of only two in the world that are airworthy. The other one is operated by Battle of Britain Memorial Flight. HERE is a shot of it in the air! What a beauty!!!

-Erik-

I'll bet it is Erik cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: The Spitfire Grill - James Horner

As drunk as I already am, I'm prepared to sit here drinking beer for a few more of these precious early morning hours listening to music like this and completely chilling the fuck out.

cool kiss punk beer dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Top man Lee, top man cool beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I didn't absorb it last night so I'm playing........

NP : QUANTUM OF SOLACE - David Arnold

Really REALLY enjoyable cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

This is the day we officially become friends.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

This is the day we officially become friends.

kiss beer

I do appreciate Arnold a lot more than I did a year or two ago, I always keep an open mind ( ear ) which is why I won't dis the likes of Arnold and Elfman and Zimmer's scores before I've heard them.

p.s. you do know that I was singing the praises of 'Solace' three Months ago when I got the score?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : INSIDE MAN - Terence Blanchard

Flows on very nicely from my former play. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : LARGO WINCH - Alexandre Desplat

Not as engaging as my former two plays today but still a good score, very enjoyable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

p.s. you do know that I was singing the praises of 'Solace' three Months ago when I got the score?

Of course. But you still like it three months on.... therefore, friends. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

Of course. But you still like it three months on.... therefore, friends. biggrin

beer

I look forward to playing it again....always the sign of a good score that cool

NP : nothing
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Honey, I Shrunk The Kids - James Horner

I'm not sure if there is one original note in the entire score... Raymond Scott (Powerhouse B), Danny Elfman (Pee Wee's Big Adventure), Nino Rota (Amarcord), Dave Grusin (The Goonies), etc and rips of his own music (Willow, Aliens, 4 note danger motif)... but you know what, this is probably the most enjoyable derivative scores I've heard from Horner. Shawn Murphy's recording is great (can't hear how Rhodes improved on the sound from the boot or the film), and the LSO performed the shit out of the score. Really, really strong album and lots of fun!

BTW, a theme that would become the bad guy theme in The Rocketeer is heard in this score.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP: Star Wars Episode 1 (John Williams)

Now we are talking.

A lot of memorable moments.

A highly inspired score! great action tracks (Panaka and the Queen's Protectors and The Sith Spacecraft / The Droid Battle ).

The only thing I don't like is Annakin's theme (Yes, I like even the "party" music in the last track).
  1. Holy cow, you like the crazy parade music at the end but you don't like Anakin's Theme?!? Give me a beautifully melodic theme that forshadows Anakin's later theme music every day of the week over laughing children and bells and whistles. I LOVE Anakin's theme (best cue from the whole prequels series, IMO) and LOATHE that "party" music. There's just no accounting for taste, eh?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    christopher wrote
    Holy cow, you like the crazy parade music at the end but you don't like Anakin's Theme?!? Give me a beautifully melodic theme that forshadows Anakin's later theme music every day of the week over laughing children and bells and whistles. I LOVE Anakin's theme (best cue from the whole prequels series, IMO) and LOATHE that "party" music. There's just no accounting for taste, eh?

dizzy dizzy dizzy dizzy shocked

For a moment I thought you was kidding, trying to use my hiper energic language

Then I realized you didn't , because you didn't commite gramathical mistakes tongue