• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2009
    Steven wrote
    Yeah, well.... um.... GOD supports mine!

Yes, I do.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2009 edited
    Listened last night when making dinner--

The Cinematic Orchestra - Les Ailes Pourpres: Le Mystère des Flamants (The Crimson Wing: Mystery of the Flamingos)

Upon 2nd and 3rd listens I really like it a lot. Uplifting and soaring in some parts, jazzy and fun in others!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Yeah, well.... um.... GOD supports mine!

Yes, I do.

Zing. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    NP: Monsters Vs. Aliens - Henry Jackman

If someone just played this score to me I would be 100% convinced it's Powell. Aside from no themes...whatsoever...this is just as much fun as Kung Fu Panda.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    BhelPuri wrote
    Listened last night when making dinner--

The Cinematic Orchestra - Les Ailes Pourpres: Le Mystère des Flamants (The Crimson Wing: Mystery of the Flamingos)

Upon 2nd and 3rd listens I really like it a lot. Uplifting and soaring in some parts, jazzy and fun in others!

Yeah, it's a nice score!

smile
  1. Anthony wrote

If someone just played this score to me I would be 100% convinced it's Powell. Aside from no themes...whatsoever...this is just as much fun as Kung Fu Panda.

didn't know this one was already released?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Anthony wrote

Ssh.
  2. Anthony wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Anthony wrote

Ssh.

oops biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote

Agree. but leave "kung fu panda" out of his sentence , please tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote
    Gonna play Cinderella Man too! Not his best in any way, but the last 4 or 5 tracks in a row are big!

It's got some beautiful themes in it, strong material and not fragmented, like some of his more recent efforts smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Last Starfighter Craig Safan

Ahh, childhood nostalgia. love
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    The Last Starfighter Craig Safan

Ahh, childhood nostalgia. love

punk

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. NP: Star Trek III: The Search For Spock - James Horner

Listening to the corking "Stealing The Enterprise" - it only plays a small part in this cue but I've always especially loved the dulcimer as used here.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    NP : SPACE 1999 : YEAR 1 - Barry Gray

Will Silva ever do Year 2? slant

Dunno , but we can only hope they will ...

I do have a Space: 1999 - Year 2 promo in my collection .
    Great music from the late Derek Wadsworth ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2009 edited
    Marselus wrote
    NP Antony and Cleopatra (John Scott)

Can´t get enough of this great, great score. As someone would say, a rare beauty wink Too bad Scott never had the chance to score high profile films. Still, his music is fantastic, as is the man himself.

punk Agree. Thanks marselus to make me discover this masterpiece! I'm shocked in how beautiful this score is!

NP:Snow Falling On Cedars (newton Howard)

My favourite score from this composer. Mind Blowing.

You almost can feel the snow falling....
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: Dark Blue Almost Black - Pascal Gaigne

This is really becoming one of the most played albums in my library... beautiful. I especially love the theme on 2nd track La Vida Con Objetivo (which got my attention first time at SST).
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Nautilus wrote

On cedars?

I've never had such a U-turn in feeling about a score as this one. Perhaps it loses marks for being so derivative, but I agree that it's the best album from JNH.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Nautilus wrote

On cedars?

I've never had such a U-turn in feeling about a score as this one. Perhaps it loses marks for being so derivative, but I agree that it's the best album from JNH.

I was very disappointed when I found out what a rip it is of Arvo Part's 'Fratres'. I got over it though and do enjoy it immensely, love the awesome choral work.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    I was very disappointed when I found out what a rip it is of Arvo Part's 'Fratres'. I got over it though and do enjoy it immensely, love the awesome choral work.

Me too... but this is one score I really enjoy despite the rip-off.

Same goes for Rolfe Kent's Sideways. One of my most-played albums, but it's one of the most derivative film scores there's ever been.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Risoluzione 819 - Ennio Morricone

It was my first listen to this score and I loved it. Actually, I prefer it to Pane e liberta because the music is much more interesting and varied, even if the last third of the album is not very melodic - but it is not un-melodic either. Anyway, the bulk of the album is very enjoyable and has those typical beautiful Morricone-moments.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    A View to a Kill - John Barry

Not one of his finest Bond hours, but it's got some good action music in there and the title theme makes a surprisingly nice love theme.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Monsters Vs Aliens (Henry Jackman)

I detected the main theme!!!!! punk punk ( A few notes)

Jackman tries too hard to show us how good he is with the orchestra... (I don't know if anyone understand what I mean)

Interesting score...I have faith in Jackman wink

"the battle at golden gate" beer beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Indeed, Anthony. Short Round...ugh. Don't like the character, NOR the theme... but I'm sure Steven will find the God of Cinematic Radio on HIS side. wink

That said, even that theme kicks the living shit out of about 90% of the work of lesser soundtrack gods.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nautilus wrote
    I detected the main theme!!!!! punk punk ( A few notes)

Go
    away.

(A theme of a few notes...ARGH. I weep for the future of soundtrack composing).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Martijn wrote
    Indeed, Anthony. Short Round...ugh. Don't like the character, NOR the theme... but I'm sure Steven will find the God of Cinematic Radio on HIS side. wink

That said, even that theme kicks the living shit out of about 90% of the work of lesser soundtrack gods.

I coudn't agree more with both of you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: PoTC: At World's End - Hans Zimmer

To celebrate getting a new HD wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Inspired by the energic Monsters vs Aliens (wich I really enjoy) I will play some animation scores...

NP:Tarzan Complete (Mancina)

it was long time ago since I played it.

I remember buying this score and thinking " I don't know how it will be, but He is Mancina! I'm sure he will do a great score! ! (it was the times of Mediva Ventures Golden Age).

It's a nice score, very well orchestrated.

Nothing more, nothing less.

(I still think, Collins songs are much more energic, but not memorable, and cool than Mancina's score)

I will play : Spirit: stallion of Cimarron (Zimmer)

Great tunes. too synthetic and simplistic.

I know Zimmer tried to be original, and how he said " He looked for a weird sound because this Horse is like an Alien in a new world" but in my opinion he failed.

Anyway, "rain" is addictive , " Reunited" pure Zimmer and "run Free" beer beer beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Milk - Danny Elfman

First listen. This is absolutely lovely. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Nautilus wrote
    (it was the times of Mediva Ventures Golden Age).

Ah, those halcyon days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    (it was the times of Mediva Ventures Golden Age).

Ah, those halcyon days.

Do you prefer Media Ventures guys, or Remote Control Guys?
    wink