• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2009
    Southall wrote
    Peter Gunn - Henry Mancini

A great way to start the weekend. The main title is the coolest piece of music EVER!

Definitely one of the coolest pieces of music ever but I'd put it behind Mancini's own The Pink Panther & A Shot In The Dark.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I honestly don't know what to play at the moment? I can't see the wood for the trees.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    I honestly don't know what to play at the moment? I can't see the wood for the trees.

May I suggest youtubing some Bollywood. Like- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Pjo0WjBcs smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    BhelPuri wrote
    Timmer wrote

May I suggest youtubing some Bollywood. Like- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Pjo0WjBcs smile

applause Y' killed me biggrin

p.s. Spider Girl is welcome around my place anytime....and she must bring the costume too biggrin bhangra
  1. BhelPuri wrote
    Timmer wrote

haha, incredible biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Star Trek clips (Giacchino)

I will keep my opinion for some days (if i can resist the temptations).

I just say, 44 minutes seems ok to me. and the main theme is highly addictive!

I'm really enjoying the clips. punk punk punk punk

(reminds me to horner's star trek II, I mean the essence, not nothing in particular)
  2. Some Hornerish rhythmic ideas too
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote

When in doubt hit the "all time classic repeat button"......

NP : CONAN THE BARBARIAN - Basil Poledouris

Quite possibly THE most played CD in my entire collection. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    You pirates....were did you get it from? devil
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Star Trek (Giacchino)

I'm really enjoying it. punk punk punk punk

(reminds me to horner's star trek II, I mean the essence, not nothing in particular)

Fail.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote

Make a "I don't know what to listen to" album playlist. Granted, like me you'll probably end up putting your entire collection in it... which kind of negates the point in the first place.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Steven wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Fail.

fail to keep my opinion ?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote

Make a "I don't know what to listen to" album playlist. Granted, like me you'll probably end up putting your entire collection in it... which kind of negates the point in the first place.

Indeed! biggrin

As it is I've made the right choice because it's totally suiting my mood. it was either this or Star Trek The Motion Picture.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Steven wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Fail.

Fail.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nautilus wrote

Just fail in general.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Steven wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Just fail in general.

So you are not enjoying it? tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    face-palm-mt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Steven wrote
    face-palm-mt

Why not?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Steven wrote
    face-palm-mt

I dare you to do a barrel roll while doing that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Star Trek II - Star Trek the Final Frontier

punk punk punk

each one 40 minutes long and action packed!
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    keky wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Forget about ROAR, which was a great exception. The average score that goes straight to and only into iTunes is usually better left unreleased.

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by Horner is also a great exception. I'm still angry it didn't get an official CD release. sad

Eight Below by Mark Isham as iTunes only as far as I know. It definitely deserved a physical CD release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Listened to when at the gym today...

Jerry Goldsmith - The Mummy
    Sorry, but barring a couple of themes there's nothing in this for me. Blasphemy, I know! I guess I'm not a fan of Jerry's action score especially when he's on autopilot.

Frederic Talgorn - Les Enfants de Timpelbach
    Now this is my kind of music! There's a lot to enjoy! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP - Star Trek - MG

What am I missing here? I think that the best part of the whole album is the End Credits music. Most of the action tracks aren't as exciting as one track from Speed Racer. There's some interesting tracks, like "Enterprising Young Man", which has some sense of tension and anticipation and release. Nero Death Experience has a choral section(!) and kinda works well, but as a piece at the halfway point on the album, it's almost underwhelms you. Where's the propulsion that drive the music? The main Kirk theme, as catchy as it is hummable, when it arrives, just seem to slows...every...thing...down. It's just not very malleable as a theme or a giant brassy statement that occurs a couple times during the runtime. But the little 3-notes motif that accompanies the theme does help it move along pretty well.

At 43-some minutes, the listening experience, resulting from the short tracks, is truncated and lacking. Just stop and go and stop and go. I hope that there are more exciting music that weren't released. It's an album that just seems to cry out for more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Panthera wrote
    keky wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Forget about ROAR, which was a great exception. The average score that goes straight to and only into iTunes is usually better left unreleased.

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by Horner is also a great exception. I'm still angry it didn't get an official CD release. sad

Eight Below by Mark Isham as iTunes only as far as I know. It definitely deserved a physical CD release.

Sunshine by John Murphy, another one. And even 28 Weeks Later, to some extent. Your theory is getting shaky biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm off out soon so something beefy....

NP : MATRIX RELOADED - Don Davis etc

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:The Da Vinci Code.

"Poisned Chalice" is a masterpice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2009
    Mate, you know the album's not even properly released yet, do you?
    I'm sure there's more than a fair share of ill gotten gains being listened to and recounted on the forum, but at least try and keep your wits about you to wait until the actual release date has passed.

Now you're doing nothing but shouting "hey everyone! Look at me! I've got illegal stuff!".
    For a high profile score like this, it may not be the smartest thing to do.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    p.s. Spider Girl is welcome around my place anytime....and she must bring the costume too biggrin bhangra

That's NOT Spidergirl. angry
    And if it's not, then logically it can only be a transvestite Peter Parker. shocked
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

That's NOT Spidergirl. angry
    And if it's not, then logically it can only be a transvestite Peter Parker. shocked

Imagine if they remade this with an epic budget....
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2009 edited
    Nautilus wrote
    But i want Goldsmith's theme instead the outdated Courage one!!!!

Indeed. I´ve always thought that Courage´s theme is more suitable for a tv show like "The Love Boat" than for a sci fi show/film.

Said that, I think that the new theme by Giacchino is like a simple version of his Main Theme for "Black".
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you