• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2009
    Marselus wrote
    BhelPuri wrote

I like whatever few Lee Dong Jun scores that I have. What do you think is a good price for 2009 Lost Memories?

I paid 13$ back in 2003 when I bought it from yesasia.

cry The cheapest I found available was at asiandb for $54
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    Strange but I never made the connection until you mentioned it. Young, Horner and Goldsmith then biggrin

Dare I say it but it's a bit of a rip of Goldsmith's Rebirth cue. Still, it doesn't bother me and Young's score is one of the very best apocalyptic scores I've ever heard.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2009 edited
    BhelPuri wrote
    Marselus wrote
    BhelPuri wrote

I like whatever few Lee Dong Jun scores that I have. What do you think is a good price for 2009 Lost Memories?

I paid 13$ back in 2003 when I bought it from yesasia.

cry The cheapest I found available was at asiandb for $54

Yes I know, prices are absurd. This asian releases have to be bought once they are released because in a couple of years most of them are out of stock and are very difficult to buy at a decent price.
    The soundtrack comes with an extra cd with footage of the recording sessions.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Marselus wrote
    very difficult to buy at a decent price.

You can't win.
    But there are alternatives to fighting. </Obi-Wan>
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan James Horner

Really. Bloody. Loud.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

Really. Bloody. Loud.

This one and Search For Spock e - x - p - a - n - d - e - d deluxe treatment PLEASSSSSSSSSE!!!!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Really. Bloody. Loud.

This one and Search For Spock e - x - p - a - n - d - e - d deluxe treatment PLEASSSSSSSSSE!!!!

I'd love to hear a new cleaned up super-uber-clear mix of this score! Far too long has this gone without a re-release. It's SO BLOODY AWESOME!
  1. Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Really. Bloody. Loud.

I think my brother would vouch for them as well
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Really. Bloody. Loud.

I'd love to hear a new cleaned up super-uber-clear mix of this score! Far too long has this gone without a re-release. It's SO BLOODY AWESOME!

Agree with you 110% but I'm just so surprised that seemingly no attempt has been made to expand / clean / deluxe these babies up, especially when you consider what a franchise Star Trek is!? confused
  2. Intrada? bunny
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Max and Helen - Christopher Young

First listen. Sounds excellent so far.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    NP: ICE AGE: THE MELTDOWN - John Powell

I haven't listened to this in over a year! shocked

It's far from his best, but this score really reminds you why Powell is so damn good at animation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2009
    Kung Fu Panda - Hans and John

Thought I'd give this another spin after a few months. Very enjoyable fluff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote

"Panda Po" and "Oogway Ascends" fluff? I think not. There is really only one glaring error and that is the heroic nature of "Tai Lung Escapes." The rest is fan-friggin-tastic!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Fluff all the way! Enjoyable fluff, like I said; and largely, just what the film needed.
  3. BhelPuri wrote
    Marselus wrote
    NP Lesbian Vampire Killers (Debbie Wiseman)

This one would be great if it wasn´t a shameless copy / paste of a 2002 korean score: 2009 Lost Memories by Lee Dong-Jung. Debbie, Debbie, Debbie......I gotcha!

I don't know if this helps but I'm sure that there are 7 cues from 2009 Lost Memories available for downloading (from the cache) at RipTide Music's website.

Head over to riptidemusic.com and go to "Artists". And from the "Orchestral" folder at the bottom of the screen you can choose "Lee Dong June" and there are some cues to listen to:

Prologue (Edit 2)
    ITO Center Senjin
    ITO Center JBL
    Last of The Senjin
    JBI Escape
    Requiem
    Lost Memories
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2009 edited
    Max and Helen is a thumbs up punk

Oasis is sleep except it is too noisy to sleep to
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The Music of Batman performed by The City of Prague Philharmonic is a Silva Compilation incorporating several Batman films. For me the original Elfman theme always gives me the goosebumps no matter who is playing it
    listen to more classical music!
  4. NP: Honey, I Shrunk The Kids - James Horner

The first couple of tracks of this are really annoying and I'm hoping that once the kids have been shrunk (spoiler!) the music will settle down to something more "traditionally" Horner...

...and track 3, "Shrunk", is giving some hints of improving.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: Honey, I Shrunk The Kids - James Horner

The first couple of tracks of this are really annoying and I'm hoping that once the kids have been shrunk (spoiler!) the music will settle down to something more "traditionally" Horner...

But I had to laugh when I heard The Clangers in "A New World"!

Here's just one example of The Clangers for anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about (though I find that hard to believe!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HArUmqqiL0s
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

But I had to laugh when I heard The Clangers in "A New World"!

Here's just one example of The Clangers for anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about (though I find that hard to believe!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HArUmqqiL0s

Soup Dragons?...Iron Chickens?.....Man, the Clangers had it all eh!? cool beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote

Fluff? Hmm, that's very unfair. I think Hans' and John's music for Kung Fu Panda is a lot more that fluff. It's a shame you have such a biased opinion to anything remotely Remote Control. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote

Fluff? Hmm, that's very unfair. I think Hans' and John's music for Kung Fu Panda is a lot more that fluff. It's a shame you have such a biased opinion to anything remotely Remote Control. sad

I said it was very enjoyable! Being biased against it would be to say it was shit, which it isn't. I like most of Hans's albums. The fact that you could throw up on a sheet of manuscript paper and compose a more appropriate film score than most of the ones he has done doesn't take away from the fact that I find the majority of his albums very enjoyable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Since "fluff" has now been picked up twice, perhaps I just don't mean it the way it has been taken. I mean it as in lighthearted, somewhat disposable, but excellent fun.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote

I said it was very enjoyable! Being biased against it would be to say it was shit, which it isn't. I like most of Hans's albums. The fact that you could throw up on a sheet of manuscript paper and compose a more appropriate film score than most of the ones he has done doesn't take away from the fact that I find the majority of his albums very enjoyable.

You did of course say enjoyable, but you also called it fluff which in my opinion is an unfair description. There's some fine scoring going on in that movie, and as Erik pointed out, 'Oogway Ascends' is a fine track. Beautiful, even - especially with the visuals in the film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    Since "fluff" has now been picked up twice, perhaps I just don't mean it the way it has been taken. I mean it as in lighthearted, somewhat disposable, but excellent fun.

Ah, then I see where you're coming from. I can't imagine that the composers would agree with the word 'fluff' though! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2009 edited
    NP : PLAYING BY HEART - John Barry

Interspersed with some excellent Chet Baker original tracks this score is fantastic late night jazzy chill music, smooth and sophisticated and full of melody. Just brilliant cool
  6. NP: Talk to Her (Alberto Iglesias)

The ultimate classy fluff.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  7. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Really. Bloody. Loud.

I think my brother would vouch for them as well

You guessed absolutely right Tommy, I'd want to see them surface sooner or later, sooner is preferred punk

FalkirkBairn wrote

I'm envious you already have this. I'm expecting to wait at least another two weeks. cry
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Steven wrote

I have to agree with you guys. Like Erik said, Wallin did a shitty job mixing this score. I listened to the score on the XM Satellite Radio "Cinemagic" channel a few years ago, and the harsh mixing hurts my ears at times. I'm glad Horner switched to more competent mixers like Shawn Murphy and Simon Rhodes for his further scores.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog