• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2009
    We recently found out Mickey Rourke would be playing Whiplash, and now Scarlett Johansson is confirmed to be in the role of Natasha Romanoff.

D will be very happy about this news I'm sure, but I really was hoping for Brit Emily Blunt to get the role.

Also in is Don Cheadle. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    This is possibly the only film on the horizon where Justin Boggan would be a better choice of composer than the one they'll actually go with.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2009 edited
    Anthony wrote
    We recently found out Mickey Rourke would be playing Whiplash, and now Scarlett Johansson is confirmed to be in the role of Natasha Romanoff.

D will be very happy about this news I'm sure, but I really was hoping for Brit Emily Blunt to get the role.

I love Scarlet but she's wrong for the role. Steven's fave squeeze would be more like it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

I love Scarlet but she's wrong for the role. Steven's fave squeeze would be more like it.

Fuck yes. FUCK YES.

love
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    I'm extremely excited for IM2, but it has been known for a little while that Emily Blunt was going to be replaced because Fox exercised their contractual right to star her in another movie. Scarlett will be just fine in the role. She's very attractive, and it's not like the character of Black Widow needs much range in terms of acting. Rourke is a great move, and I'm glad it finally came to fruition. Things seem to be falling into place after much negative press regarding this movie (with Rourke, Cheadle replacing Terrence Howard, Samuel L. finally working out his contract, and Blunt having to drop out).

Also, in other news, Marvel shifted around their release dates, with The Avengers now being released in 2012, which gives hope to Favreau being able to direct that, and for me, that would be a dream come true.

In terms of the score, I really hope Debney gets the job. He's certainly one of my favorites, and would have done an Iron Man score properly, and not some recycled MV/RC assembly line score with electric guitars. Debney needs to get himself out of the comedy score rut, and after the horrible result on the first score and the success of the first movie, hopefully Marvel will give Favreau the choice of composer on this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You'd prefer Emily Blunt over THE ANGEL?!?!? You're not serious.

And Steven, the Putin chick over.....THE ANGEL?!?!? You're out of your mind! shocked

(as for the movie news, i couldn't care less shame)
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    You'd prefer Emily Blunt over THE ANGEL?!?!? You're not serious.

And Steven, the Putin chick over.....THE ANGEL?!?!? You're out of your mind! shocked

(as for the movie news, i couldn't care less shame)

Scarlett ( yeah yeah I lust her too ) just ain't "Russian" enough, and some of us DO care about being faithful to the source material.

D, your fave Angelina Jolie would make a good Black Widow if she put on ....ohhhh let's say 15-20 pounds or so.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, who cares about a fat black widow?!?!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

Have you seen how bony Jolie is these days? Hell, make it 30Ibs and she'd look fantastic.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote

Blunt > Johansson
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote

Whatever you say Abdullah Gül dude. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote

While Steven's favourite isn't necessarily my own, I'd never say no. Unless it was Anne Hathaway instead. angelic
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Emily Blunt?

*search on IMDB*

Emily Blunt?

Dear god, I agree with you Demetris. Scarlett over this ... thing! Over everything!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Are you mad?! Johanssen is "too" perfect.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Mad?

Emily Blunt?

No way!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ok, I am struggling to find a good picture of Blunt, but she does look good!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    You are lying!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote

While Steven's favourite isn't necessarily my own, I'd never say no. Unless it was Anne Hathaway instead. angelic

Eh... I don't see it to be honest. Too mousy. Too American.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    He said Anne Hathaway as well?

You're banned!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Actually I agree with the Emily Blunt thing. She IS hot.

But Hathaway? That's just unforgivable.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    Too mousy.

biggrin
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2009
    I'm not a big fan of Scarlett. To put it nicely, I think she's hugely overrated and I'll just leave it at that. I do like the choice of Rouke as the Russian villain though.

And maybe Favreau will have the clout to get rid of Djawadi. Djawadi's score was underwhelming and awful for such a good film.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Guys, guys. Those chicks you mention are good, some of them really good. But we're talking about the "extra element" here, which none of those really has, imo. Look at Scarlett...her perfection might scare away some, but to me (and admittedly to the general public as well) she has the looks, quality, character and "air" of a star from eras passed. Those you mention just pale in comparison.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Guys, guys. Those chicks you mention are good, some of them really good. But we're talking about the "extra element" here, which none of those really has, imo. Look at Scarlett...her perfection might scare away some, but to me (and admittedly to the general public as well) she has the looks, quality, character and "air" of a star from eras passed. Those you mention just pale in comparison.

And I agree with you D beer But she is not right for this role.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2009 edited
    Perfection is scary.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Though I will admit, Scarlett is one fine piece of ass.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Terrifying! Hot linking not allowed. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Lame. Well they were all ball-achingly hot pictures, trust me.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Lame. Well they were all ball-achingly hot pictures, trust me.

Pah!! Y' big tease slant rolleyes