• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. New interview:
    http://scorenotes.com/interviews.html

Fun listen.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2009 edited
    Please... please... for the love of God -- NO LAST STARFIGHTER SEQUEL! Please no! One film is enough. Modern day special effects in a second film would ruin the series, IMHO. There's just something special and nostalgic about the story, special effects and everything in between that belongs and should stay in the 80's.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2009
    Erik Woods wrote
    Please... please... for the love of God -- NO LAST STARFIGHTER SEQUEL! Please no! One film is enough. Modern day special effects in a second film would ruin the series, IMHO. There's just something special and nostalgic about the story, special effects and everything in between that belongs and should stay in the 80's.

-Erik-

Um, if it means a sequel score by Craig Safan ................HELL YEAH!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Atham wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I don't care who composes the music... I still say THUMBS DOWN!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What's this movie about? Why is it so crap? I am not familiar with it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote

You've NEVER seen The Last Starfighter?! I don't know if it will have the same affect on a new viewer 25 years later as it would when it first came out but it's one of those quint-essential 80's movies where your imagination comes to life on the big screen. It's up there with films like The Goonies, the first half of The Explorers and Flight of the Navigator. As a kid who grew up in the 80's you only wished you had such grand adventures.

BTW, here is the theatrical trailer to The Last Starfighter. I'm like that kid at the end of the trailer..."Woooooooooow!" Brings back great memories! I think I'm going to listen to that score now!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

I would predict that you'd think very little of it.....but you never know!?

Erik sums it up well.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2009
    if it gets the score re-issued, great!

Easy for Erik to say, he already has it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2009
    tjguitar wrote
    if it gets the score re-issued, great!

Easy for Erik to say, he already has it!

I'd be all for a score re-issue but I just don't want a sequel film to be to reason for it!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorKing Rao
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2009
    Atham wrote

The thing is, it DOESN'T mean a sequel score by Craig Safan. If this movie is ever made the producers will either hire one of Zimmer's lackeys or some mediocre bum like Trevor Rabin or Brian Tyler.

Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

That pretty much sums up my feelings on a Last Starfighter sequel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2009
    King Rao wrote
    Atham wrote

The thing is, it DOESN'T mean a sequel score by Craig Safan. If this movie is ever made the producers will either hire one of Zimmer's lackeys or some mediocre bum like Trevor Rabin or Brian Tyler.

Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

That pretty much sums up my feelings on a Last Starfighter sequel.

I totally agree with your fears of sequel film. A 21st century approach would be terrible I'm sure.
    I would just love to hear Craig Safan write another big film score. If that means a Starfighter sequel or War And Peace I don't care. I just love his music and it's been a long time since his last score.
  2. His theme for The Last Starfighter is probably one of the best B sci-fi movies out there.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2010
    KevinSmith wrote
    His theme for The Last Starfighter is probably one of the best B sci-fi movies out there.

Yeah, but the film sucks donkey ass!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That doesn't matter really. It has been happening since ever, that good or even great film scores accompany crappy films.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. Thor wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    His theme for The Last Starfighter is probably one of the best B sci-fi movies out there.

So does Krull, your point?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    KevinSmith wrote
    Thor wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

So does Krull, your point?

Nothing. I just wanted to say how bad the film was. From what I remember, the score was pretty decent, though.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    James Horner
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Who, incidentally, did a magnificent job on Krull, which film by the wildest coincidence was mentioned earlier in the thread.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    KRRRRRRUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    James Horner
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

I think the film is wonderful!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2010 edited
    Timmer again wrote
    James Horner

Who, incidentally, did a magnificent job on Krull, which film by the wildest coincidence was mentioned earlier in the thread.

...I'm having the strangest sense of déja vu...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tis an effort that surpasses even leaping crevasses to not repeat.....repeat......ah wha'd da fuck...

KRRRRRRUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    James Horner
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith

Boy, are we in a rut... spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Apples.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    ORANGES! angry

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    Go Banana! biggrin
  4. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  5. My review of Intrada's 2014 complete release of THE LAST STARFIGHTER.

I'm holding out for a prequel: the penultimate starfighter.

<s>
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube