• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2015
    Oh right, yes. You're quite right. Western intervention! Military industrial complex! WE CREATED ISIS! NOAM CHOMSKY!

Etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Don't look now, but your white privilege is showing...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I just was thinking of Cameron but I didn't know it was that bad!

I hope you find a solution.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Cameron may not be the most popular politician, but he's at least speaking sense on the Islam thing -- finally. If only Obama could do the same (he got a little closer in his recent speech, but was still slightly walking on liberal eggshells).

Anyway. Whatever. Fuck all that bullshit. We've got people in space!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2015 edited
    Yes, he bombs them. Very good.

Anyhow, I didn't know this. Very cool!

The Rosetta mission must have been the highlight of what has been a fantastic year for space adventures. And this year's last adventure starts tomorrow. punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote

But it would be much better if he bombed them much better.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    I just was thinking of Cameron

He's a ham faced sack of monkey spunk.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote

Best thing that happened to Britain since Maggie.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Bregt wrote

Thou shalt not provoke me sir. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    Bregt wrote

But it would be much better if he bombed them much better.

yeah

I support strikes. But then I'm a warmongering Islamophobe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Bregt wrote

Ah! More's the pity! wink

I have always had a secret crush on Maggie. I just have a thing for scary powerful ice queen women, I guess.
    Sadly I fear we would have been utterly incompatible as, according to legend, she had no sense of humour whatsoever (and no matter what other excellent qualifications one may have, being devoid of a sense of humour is an utter death knell).

In that vein I greatly enjoy the memoirs of MP John Whittingdale, regaling the genesis of Maggie's famous 'dead parrot' speech in 1990.
    You probably know it, but it's just too good to not repat it:

In 1990, the Liberal Democrats unveiled their new party symbol. It was supposed to be a bird taking wing, but in the mind of John O'Sullivan [the PM's speechwriter] it immediately became a dead parrot. He decided that part of Mrs Thatcher's party conference speech would include a section of Monty Python's Dead Parrot sketch. It was a terrific idea. Unfortunately, the Prime Minister had not heard of Monty Python.

She read it through several times, but she was not convinced. "I need to see the sketch," she said. One of the more surreal moments at my time at Number 10 followed. Sitting in my office, watching the sketch on video, were Mrs Thatcher, myself and several colleagues. The rest of us had tears rolling down our cheeks. Mrs Thatcher was mystified; it was not her type of humour.

Eventually, she was persuaded. However, just as she was about to go on to the conference stage, another doubt arose. She looked at me and said anxiously: "Monty Python - are you sure that he is one of us?"

To explain to her that Monty Python did not really exist would have been to risk disaster. So I said: "Absolutely, Prime Minister. He is a very good supporter."
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I DON'T support the strikes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well, neither did Maggie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Damn unions.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Bregt wrote

Ah! More's the pity! wink
    In that vein I greatly enjoy the memoirs of MP John Whittingdale, regaling the genesis of Maggie's famous 'dead parrot' speech in 1990.
    You probably know it, but it's just too good to not repat it:

Yup, know it biggrin

Maggie didn't like music by all accounts ( what a fucking catch she was )

I didn't like Maggie ( that's my mild version )
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

I am, however, happy to be convinced otherwise!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Well, neither did Maggie.

Your miner attempts at provocation are the pits.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    biggrin applause

Don't kinnock it until you tried it!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

I am, however, happy to be convinced otherwise!

Iraq? Afghanistan? Libya? Well, that all worked out fine and dandy didn't it.

I am, however, all for nuking Saudi Arabia off the face of the planet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin

But they're our allies! Our friends! We love them really...
  1. What strikes? Who is in space? David Cameron? What does Iisis and the Saudis have to do with everything? Speak sense please!
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. Anyone want to see an X-Wing fighter model attached to a helium balloon and sent upwards, followed by its descent to earth?

Here you go: https://youtu.be/J7ub0mFVDV0
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Bregt wrote

I wish I could say the same. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Anyone want to see an X-Wing fighter model attached to a helium balloon and sent upwards, followed by its descent to earth?

Here you go: https://youtu.be/J7ub0mFVDV0

Now that's cool! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    I'm usually not one for nationalism, but I'll be (metaphorically) flying the British flag tomorrow at 11.03am, by Jove! Tally ho. punk

Does it get more awesome than being sat on a glorified firework and being blasted into Earth orbit in less than 10 minutes cool

Since the early days of the space race with America going through Mercury, Gemini, Apollo and The Shuttle as lifting bodies, Russia still, after over 50 years, use that old workhorse Vostok cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's a great design, but my favourite remains the Saturn V rocket. (It's also given the greatest launch score moment by a certain Mr. Horner.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    And I'm old enough to remember watching the awesome Saturn V launches live. cool
  4. Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    I'm usually not one for nationalism, but I'll be (metaphorically) flying the British flag tomorrow at 11.03am, by Jove! Tally ho. punk

Does it get more awesome than being sat on a glorified firework and being blasted into Earth orbit in less than 10 minutes cool

Since the early days of the space race with America going through Mercury, Gemini, Apollo and The Shuttle as lifting bodies, Russia still, after over 50 years, use that old workhorse Vostok cool

Does anyone know why the Russian shuttle project (Buran) fall apart?

It's interesting that, really, after going to the Moon, the Space Shuttle program was seen as a big regress in space travel (given two projects, one featuring Mars, Nixon chose to develop the shuttle), as while reusable, the craft didn't have the capability to leave Earth's orbit.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  5. Because the Soviet Union fell apart? No, seriously, I think they say the shortcomings of the concept clearer than the Americans did. If I am not mistaken the shuttle program is by and large regarded as a failure.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Buran. Afraid I don't know Pawel.

I was told ( and believed ) we'd go to Mars by 1980.