• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    shocked punk

Did you have a look through them D? His ability to make 2D seem 3D is some talent.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. YAY, my brother and me are on youtube punk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DOsEbyAcyQ

check between 2.48 and 2.51 at the end of the row biggrin

the rest is cool too, with Harry and Mychael and some Belgian dude talking away smile
    that's the place where Harry signed my Borrowers and Sinbad score smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I blinked....
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    shocked punk

Did you have a look through them D? His ability to make 2D seem 3D is some talent.

Indeed! I especially liked the pavement paintings!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. drats, where is KOKO when you need him wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    drats, where is KOKO when you need him wink

Just call his name 5 times.........
  3. Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

but then we would invite the mothership too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    YAY, my brother and me are on youtube punk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DOsEbyAcyQ

check between 2.48 and 2.51 at the end of the row biggrin

the rest is cool too, with Harry and Mychael and some Belgian dude talking away smile
    that's the place where Harry signed my Borrowers and Sinbad score smile

But could someone shut up the damn music already!! angry I hate it when soundtrack nerds put together stuff like this and are tempted to "play" film composers themselves by temping their shoddy home videos with their own soundtrack collections. But other than that, it looked to be a great event.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I don't know if it qualifies as "utterly cool", but I just came across a charicature painting that was done on my TV football team back in 2005, as a prize for promoting anti-harassing (picture is shoddy because I got it framed and had to take a picture of it):

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 … =530696277

I actually think they caught my own appearances pretty well:

smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

It's like summoning Satan or something?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    I don't know if it qualifies as "utterly cool", but I just came across a charicature painting that was done on my TV football team back in 2005, as a prize for promoting anti-harassing (picture is shoddy because I got it framed and had to take a picture of it):

I actually think they caught my own appearances pretty well:

smile

That surely qualifies as cool! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2009 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Where is Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum when you need them?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Dunno.
    I've got some spare bacteria though?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2009
    Steven wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Where is Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum when you need them?

Busy still making crap movies last I heard?
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2009
    For that you get the head, the tail, the whole damn thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2009 edited
    The Fugitive has always been one of my favorite films.
    I'm sure many of you are familiar with the St. Patrick's Day Parade Sequence in the film and how it was shot.

It has always fascinated me how the entire scene was not planned and how the actors and cameramen just literally ran out into the middle of the parade and filmed the entire thing without telling anyone. You can actually hear bystanders calling out Tommy's name when they recognize him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07P3BtRw … p;index=53

Utterly. Cool.

Edited:

The Bagpipe march group adds so much to the scene as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2009 edited
    One of my ex-professors. AWESOMENESS!
    “I got an atomic bomb and I’m gonna blow you m— f —s up.”

Haha, shows how uptight our law enforcement is over here. biggrin

He was just f***ing with them. He just loves to mess with people. One of the most laid back teachers I've ever had. He taught humanities. Spent most of the class flirting with all of the girls in my class, and having guy talk in front of them. Definitely not very appropriate, but never dull.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2009
    The winner of India's Got Talent- Prince Dance Group

They're daily wage laborers working in a brick kiln factory and they did this-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKpHenN7YWg&fmt=18

Whoah! I'm not sure if any of you will get the context or the import-- they're enacting the 10 avatars of Lord Vishnu.
    What an awesome use of Navras!

By far the coolest video I have seen in a long time! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2009 edited
    Very, very good performance. Thanks for the link! beer punk

Navras indeed fit very well, especially for the Kalki part.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    BhelPuri wrote
    The winner of India's Got Talent- Prince Dance Group

They're daily wage laborers working in a brick kiln factory and they did this-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKpHenN7YWg&fmt=18

Whoah! I'm not sure if any of you will get the context or the import-- they're enacting the 10 avatars of Lord Vishnu.
    What an awesome use of Navras!

By far the coolest video I have seen in a long time! punk

Very impressive and spectactular show, even though I don't get many of the cultural and religious references. Am I to understand that these are 10 stages of Lord Vishnu's life or something?

And yes, "Navras" is an awesome piece of music that worked very well here.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Thor,

I am glad as well as surprise to see that a guy from West who shows enormous amount of interest in knowing about Indian religion and its culture. applause By the way, you better understand this way, those were 10 different Avatars taken by Lord Vishnu to protect Earth from Asuras (monsters) and mainly welfare of human beings on Earth.

Have a nice day!
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Sunil wrote
    Thor,

I am glad as well as surprise to see that a guy from West who shows enormous amount of interest in knowing about Indian religion and its culture. applause By the way, you better understand this way, those were 10 different Avatars taken by Lord Vishnu to protect Earth from Asuras (monsters) and mainly welfare of human beings on Earth.

Have a nice day!

That's interesting to know.

When I was in Cambodia earlier this year, I visited the famous Angkor Wat temple, which combines Hindu and Buddhist mythology throughout the Khmer architecture. One of the most famous bas-reliefs we saw was the "Churning of the Sea of Milk", with Vishnu using this enormous serpent, Vasuki, to milk the sea. I'm guessing this is one of the scenarios that features such an avatar.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Thor wrote
    Very impressive and spectactular show, even though I don't get many of the cultural and religious references. Am I to understand that these are 10 stages of Lord Vishnu's life or something?

They're 10 "incarnations" taken by Lord Vishnu to protect his devotees and destroy demons spreading evil and torture. Each of the avatars was taken by Lord Vishnu appropriate to the situation which was supposed to be handled. You can see their names come up on the screen in that video too... they are Matsya (a fish), Kurma (a tortoise), Varaha (a boar), Narasimha (a half-man, half-lion), Vamana (a dwarf Brahmin), Parshurama (a brahmin-turned-warrior, wielding an axe), Lord Rama, Lord Krishna, Lord Buddha (regarded as the ninth avatar), and Kalki (an apocalpytic, futuristic human being).

If you notice carefully, these avatars actually represent the evolution of life on Earth! smile

Thor wrote
    When I was in Cambodia earlier this year, I visited the famous Angkor Wat temple, which combines Hindu and Buddhist mythology throughout the Khmer architecture. One of the most famous bas-reliefs we saw was the "Churning of the Sea of Milk", with Vishnu using this enormous serpent, Vasuki, to milk the sea. I'm guessing this is one of the scenarios that features such an avatar.

Yes, that event features the Kurma avatar (the tortoise), where Lord Vishnu uses the tortoise's shell as a pivot for the mountain in order to facilitate the "churning".
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    "Lord Buddha (regarded as the ninth avatar)"

Ravi, do you know that in our country some group people refused or disagreed with ninth avatar as Lord Buddha. What do you say on this?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Yup I know that. But personally I hold Lord Buddha in very high regard (after all he's a prominent figure in our history too) and I have no problem considering Him an avatar of Vishnu... I believe in the Oneness of God so for me They both are one and the same. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    DemonStar wrote
    Yup I know that. But personally I hold Lord Buddha in very high regard (after all he's a prominent figure in our history too) and I have no problem considering Him an avatar of Vishnu... I believe in the Oneness of God so for me They both are one and the same. smile

I'm guessing it's a bit like Jesus, who is seen as "merely" a messenger of God in Islam, but as the Son of God in Christianity?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    The Avatars are incarnations of God himself, not like His Son or anything. The Lord himself assumes the form of something else and arrives on Earth to do the tasks. And often He did them without using more special powers than necessary - for example Lord Parshurama, Rama and Buddha lived extraordinarily like ordinary human beings, yet managed to do extraordinary things! It is a very good message of self confidence for everyone. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    I believe in the Oneness of God so for me They both are one and the same.

Well said, Ravi! applause beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    beer