• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    It's the same film as the post above, but admittedly mighty impressive.

Cripes, how did I miss that?? face-palm-mt

Sorry.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2009
    Martijn wrote
    Of course a HUGE amount of expenses for movies goes towards the OUTRAGEOUS fees for leading characters (something that has been as annoying to me the whole bankers' bonus business of last year, or indeed even MORE so) and an INSANE marketing budget.

I have little doubt that on the whole a generic special efects film's budget would not be that mad.

I for one would not be in the least bit sad to see performers, actors and studios percentages clipped to a hundreth of what they are now (and no, I'm NOT talking about the poor saps who have to do the editing until late a night, or the make-up girl working for little more than minimum wage, obviously).
    I don't mind people with a special talent being pampered or remunerated in a special way, but no one in the world NEEDS to make several million dollars a year pretending (s)he's someone else.

Seriously.

100% agree.

Seriously too!!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2009
    Most amazing demolition ever!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=af6_1261324658
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. A costly lights and fireworks show for demolishing a building? That only makes sense in the most capitalist city of the world.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2009 edited
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2009
    Steven wrote
    Mad drumming skills: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF-k4wg70rg

Very VERY impressive!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Solo drumming gets on my nerves, but it's really impressive indeed. It's just something i'd observe as a show-off (and very reserved so indeed) and an impressive overall showcase of skill, but it's never stuff i'd want to listen to a 2nd time, same applies to bass / keyboards show-offs in the jazz genre, progressive metal / rock bands like Dream Theater (in parts) etc.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Solo drumming gets on my nerves, but it's really impressive indeed. It's just something i'd observe as a show-off (and very reserved so indeed) and an impressive overall showcase of skill, but it's never stuff i'd want to listen to a 2nd time, same applies to bass / keyboards show-offs in the jazz genre, progressive metal / rock bands like Dream Theater (in parts) etc.

tongue
  2. Christodoulides wrote

Dream Theater showing off???? sleep shocked rolleyes crazy

That's it you have just been banned from my mind.

I will not speak to you again........................ this year !!!! tongue
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2009
    Well, not in all of their pieces. But there's some older stuff especially, like that "change of seasons" (do i remember it correctly?) loooooooong piece that goes on and on forever. There are other bands (don't remember much names now, 'porcupine tree" or something? Don't know) which are basically drummer / bassist' solo projects from around the whole technical world of metal / rock music that are essentially countless bars and minutes of showing of and are pretty unbearable to me. Especially those albums that lack a vocalist and are only instrumental!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote

Deserves a second one tongue
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    Well, not in all of their pieces. But there's some older stuff especially, like that "change of seasons" (do i remember it correctly?) loooooooong piece that goes on and on forever. There are other bands (don't remember much names now, 'porcupine tree" or something? Don't know) which are basically drummer / bassist' solo projects from around the whole technical world of metal / rock music that are essentially countless bars and minutes of showing of and are pretty unbearable to me. Especially those albums that lack a vocalist and are only instrumental!

Well 'A Change of Seasons' isn't exactly my favourite long piece they've done. I agree it drags a little. Their best in terms of structuring and melodies is 'Octavarium' IMO. Every band member gets to shine in that one. Overall I prefer everything they've done since 'Scenes From a Memory' to what came before.

Timmer wrote

Deserves a second one tongue

You trying to get a rise out of me? biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2009 edited
    But I'm on your side Gilles. cool

The tongue was aimed at D.
  4. Ah... allright then. wave smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2010
    SCREW MACS, I WANT THIS.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2010 edited
    When mac does it, it will cost 6000 euros and will have 2 usb2 ports and nothing else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It won't even have that, it'll have Apple-only wireless connection.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin
  5. Someone tell me what the point is of a see-through laptop? It's not like you need to see something happen behind it when you want to focus on the screen. rolleyes confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    WEll, is there a point in iPad either? Still it'll sell like crazy. It's a cool gadget.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    DreamTheater wrote
    Someone tell me what the point is of a see-through laptop? It's not like you need to see something happen behind it when you want to focus on the screen. rolleyes confused

Classic inside the box thinking.

Think of the applications of the technology itself. You could have your windows in your house converted into monitors, you could use this technology in cars and have a heads up display as big as the whole front window. Being able to view a monitor and also see what's behind it could prove useful in a variety of different circumstances. So not only does it look cool, it also has genuinely useful applications too. What might seem pointless on a product like this is actually a step forward when you consider it in other devices.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Or have your next door hot juicy babe neighbor get a set of those see through monitor-curtains in her bedroom! Damned.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    SCREW MACS, I WANT THIS.

Like the ones in Avatar.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Or the minority report.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2010
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2010
    Beautiful indeed, BP.

Peter smile
  6. Utterly cool:

http://dvice.com/archives/2009/04/cloud-magnetica.php
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2010
    A fascinating read-
    http://www.bunniestudios.com/blog/?p=918

A very cool investigation about faulty microSD cards and how that led to uncovering a startling fact-- Kingston just rebrands stuff from other manufacturers.
    Next time, go with Sandisk or Toshiba.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2010
    Everybody does that, the re-branding thing. And besides, i own lots of kingstons and never had any problem with them. And they have lifetime warranty on most of their products anyway.