• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2010
    I thought this was brilliant:

http://www.collegehumor.com/article:1802364
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2010 edited
    I think this has been posted before but it's still worth another look.

PANIC ATTACK

Fooking brilliant! Good use of music too....most people here should recognise it wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2010 edited
    Try this one...

PANIC ATTACK

EDIT : Hooray!!! punk cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2010
    Timmer wrote
    I think this has been posted before but it's still worth another look.

PANIC ATTACK

Fooking brilliant! Good use of music too....most people here should recognise it wink

The guys has some talent but no original or unique ideas. Sky Captain meets Independence Day. Hated the music!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...and MUCH better than both of those films combined.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Try this one...

PANIC ATTACK

EDIT : Hooray!!! punk cool

Thanks for the reminder. I remember that one when it was posted the last time. Really impressive stuff!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote

I don't agree with that at all!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    To say I'm not a fan of either of those films would be stretching it, on the other hand Panic Attack which, as you rightly say, isn't original, but it does it all in just over 4 minutes cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Have you seen Kerry Conran's original Sky Captain short? Obviously, they re-edited the original short with Shearmur's music but I find THIS much more engaging than that special effects bukkake above.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2010
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote

I don't agree with that at all!

-Erik-

I did like SKY CAPTAIN and i think this make us the 2 single fans of the film wink but ID4 is....no, no way i am not getting into that with you again wink beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    This man, possibly coolest man on earth.

Unlike either, erm...men.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote

That PIRATES thing is an obvious PR stunt, but Depp is also known for caring about his fans.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

That PIRATES thing is an obvious PR stunt, but Depp is also known for caring about his fans.

PR or not it was still excellent.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    /respect
  1. Not sure if it's PR, he was filming it and living in London, so not an issue.

I've heard two great stories about Johnny Depp and his fans:

First, the most touching one. A young girl (don't remember her age, but preteen at most) had an accident and fell into a coma and her parents, totally distraught and desperate, sent a request to Depp for help, because she was a huge fan of Jack Sparrow. He made an audio recording for her, fully in character. After that she recovered.

Second, on the set of Public Enemies a boy noticed Dillinger's fedora and loved it. He told Depp he liked it and would like to have one like this. Depp just said "We'll see what we can do". A few weeks later, the kid got the fedora in his mail. As a gift.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. Early teen at most*
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2010
    Today Is 101010: The Ultimate Answer to the Ultimate Question
    http://gizmodo.com/5659984/today-is-the … everything
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    How come we are still alive and breathing?

Oh wait, the day isn't over yet in all the nations of the world and especially the US.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Still plenty of time for the world to end though it is rather a pleasent day out today and I'd like a bit more of that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    It's the silence before the storm. Enjoy while you can.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm cooking a lamb roast today, I'm going to enjoy it because it may well be my very last.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Depending on how the world ends, a lot of lambs might be roasted later on.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Have you seen Kerry Conran's original Sky Captain short? Obviously, they re-edited the original short with Shearmur's music but I find THIS much more engaging than that special effects bukkake above.

-Erik-

Yes, it's excellent. I still enjoy the "bukkake" too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote

I still enjoy the "bukkake" too.

Who doesn't?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2010
    Gross!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2010 edited
    Besides filmmusic I like other kinds of music as well... e.g. Kraftwerk.

Recently I "discovered" a great Dutch Symphonic Gothic Metal band: EPICA.

Its really nice actually, if you like "Kull the Conqueror" type of music smile It gets my "Stuff, that is utterly cool" seal of approval. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj4jjIxR … re=related
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2010
    yeah
    They are quite good, if you enjoy that kind of music.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2010
    Yeah, it's pretty darn catchy stuff!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2010 edited
    I thought it was a bit cheesy and on-the-nose, to be honest (MV lite) - too much like Nightwish, which I don't really like either.

If I want some cool metal with symphonic ambitions, I'd rather to turn to goth - which is more arty and serious. Like Rammstein, one of my alltime fav bands.
    I am extremely serious.