• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2009
    Never too late to start a thread for this awesome Italian composer, chapel master & church minister. No one has written more biblical-themed scores than Don Marco!

New cd of his score to the biopic of Giacomo Puccini-
    http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=11459

Good score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Yes, he is definitely worth a topic! I discovered Frisina's work last year and I have been amazed by his compositions ever since. Actually, I plan to buy three of his CDs later this month: San Pietro, Giovanni Paolo II., and Chiara e Francesco. I am not familiar with Puccini so I guess I wait a bit more with this one until I have a bit more money to spend on CDs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    keky wroteActually, I plan to buy three of his CDs later this month: San Pietro, Giovanni Paolo II., and Chiara e Francesco.

Excellent choices!
    The first two are such stunners that there is no competition-- Frisina was THE composer of 2005.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Just had a first listen to his score for the mini series Pompei.
    Bloody marvellous stuff!
    Frisina takes a leaf out of Rozsa's book and transports it to modern day sensibilities.
    Very, very, very nice!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    A composer I definitely intend to get some works from. The various sound clips I've heard sound gorgeous.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Yeah, it was because of Pompei that I am getting more and more stuff from him...
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    A composer I definitely intend to get some works from. The various sound clips I've heard sound gorgeous.

Try Verso la gioia, a compilation album from his music of the Bible-series and some other religious-themed television movies. That's a good start, believe me, a GREAT album from start to finish!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2009
    Sounds interesting, but I need to hear some music. Any clips anywhere?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2009 edited
    Here is a link:

http://www.heristal.eu/frisina.htm

You can also find some other music from Frisina at the site. ( San Pietro, Giovanni Paolo II.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2009
    keky wrote
    Here is a link:

http://www.heristal.eu/frisina.htm

You can also find some other music from Frisina at the site. ( San Pietro, Giovanni Paolo II.)

Thanks. Nice stuff.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009
    A question of the fellow Frisina fans:

Which of his scores for the TV series La Bibbia is the best?

I have only heard so far Abramo.

And another one: how is Fatima? Is it good?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I don't know Fatima, but I wasn't crazy about any of Frisina's work on La Bibbia. While certainly not bad, it was a bit clichéd. His Pompei blows any of it squarely out of the water!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Comparing to a classical composer who is he most like
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009 edited
    There are lots of sound samples on his official site which capture his style quite well.

www.marcofrisina.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    There are lots of sound samples on his official site which capture his style quite well.

www.marcofrisina.com

Will check them out
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Tom, you can also try http://www.heristal.eu/frisina.htm
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    keky wrote
    A question of the fellow Frisina fans:

Which of his scores for the TV series La Bibbia is the best?

I have only heard so far Abramo.

And another one: how is Fatima? Is it good?

I like Giacobbe the best. It's the most thematic and melodic. It's followed closely by Mose, Giuseppe and then Sansone E Dalila and finally Abramo, which was my least fave of the Bibbia-Frisina scores on cd.

Fatima is nice too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009
    Thanks for the infos! beer
  2. I'm not too sure what this is.

Has Marco Frisina composed a new score for the 1916 silent film Christus?

Whatever it is, it certainly sounds worth investigating further.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2010
    Yes, indeed it is!
    A newly composed work for the 1916 film (which, by most accounts, is rather uneven and poorly acted).
    But the score is definitely something I should like to hear.

Very annoyed it's merely an MP3 purchase, which I simply will not do (any more).
    I'd love to hear someone's opinion on the score if and when they'd get it!
  3. Martijn wrote
    I'd love to hear someone's opinion on the score if and when they'd get it!

I'll let you know in due course.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I'm not too sure what this is.

Has Marco Frisina composed a new score for the 1916 silent film Christus?

Whatever it is, it certainly sounds worth investigating further.

Cool! We haven't had a Frisina score release in a long time. Amazon MP3 also shows the release of Michele Strogoff - Il Corriere dello Zar. That was a 1999 score which was only available as a limited promo. Awesome! Go Don Marco!
  4. I have that as well and it is excellent.