• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2009 edited
    From the FSM board:

La La Land will start taking orders on the following CDs next Tuesday, March 24 at 12 noon PST for the following titles:

BATMAN: MASK OF THE PHANTASM - score by Shirley Walker. This is the first release in our new line of EXPANDED ARCHIVAL EDITIONS. This cd features the complete score along with a few bonus tracks. It is limited to 3000 units. Retail Price: $19.98

WUTHERING HEIGHTS - score by Michel Legrand. This magnificent score to the 1970's film starring Timothy Dalton has been remastered from the original 1/4" stereo tapes from the MGM vaults. This is the original album presentation. It is a limited edition of 1200 units. Retail Price: $19.98

BOOGEYMAN - score by Joseph LoDuca. The haunting score to producer Sam Raimi's 2005 horror film is a limited edition of 1500 units. The first 100 units will be signed by the composer. As always, first come first served. Retail Price: $19.98

We will start taking orders on all these exciting titles next week.

------

Since La La Land likes to announce things in bunches I thought I'd start this thread as a place where all La La Land announcements can go.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. I thought that it was bad enough constantly refreshing Intrada's site waiting for their announcements for their limited releases, waiting to find out what new Missing In Action score they were releasing and then fighting my way through the virtual cue to order...but to find out in advance what the titles are then having to wait for the virtual cue to order days later... crazy

Has anyone any opinions on these 3 titles? I don't have any experience with any of them.

Is a "line of expanded archival editions" a licence to double-dip?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2009
    That doesn't seem to be the intention.
  2. I hope it has the full main title piece which was truncated on the regular commercial edition, and I think in the film as well, but fully presented on the bootleg.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. I only saw the movie Boogyman, but I don't really remember the score. I think it had a lot of atmosphere and mood music, so not really expecting a lot

I think Shirley Walker's Batman music is above average though, so this could be a surprise
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2009
    Wuthering Heights is of interest to me smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2009
    sdtom wrote
    Wuthering Heights is of interest to me smile

Me too.

And maybe the Alfred Newman version some day!?
    • CommentAuthorFrank
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2012
    La-La Land will release an expanded Dave (James Newton Howard) and The Relic (John Debney) on January 15, 2013. They also posted the following info on their 2013 releases:

2013 is going to bring about some wonderful projects. Later on in January we will continue our relationship with Paramount Pictures newer films and release HANSEL AND GRETEL on cd.

Speaking of newer film projects, we are very excited to be releasing Brian Tyler’s spectacular score to JOHN DIES AT THE END as well as Javier Navarrete’s score to Joe Dante’s latest opus THE HOLE (cd arriving in March).

2013 will also bring a very fruitful relationship with Warner Bros Pictures as we help them celebrate their 90th anniversary with a host of soundtrack releases that span the decades. Already in the chute are 2 dozen projects, with more in the pipeline.

We will also continue to work with our friends at 20th Century Fox, Paramount Pictures, Columbia Pictures, MGM, Capitol Records, NBC/Universal, Sony Music, SCEA, WEA and UME to bring you guys some of the very best soundtracks from film, television and video games.

2013 will also bring you fans out there some new Bear McCreary releases starting with Battlestar Galactica BLOOD AND CHROME.

We have at least one incredible box set coming out 2nd or 3rd quarter this year that will run about $120.00. A handful of 3-4 disc sets are also in the pipeline.

Oh, and we are not done with Trek just yet. DS9 is just around the corner with other goodies planned for later in the year.

As always, we look forward to Comic Con this July and, of course, our Black Friday announcement in November (I’ll be damned if we could top 2012, but you never know what we have up our sleeves).

As I have done in years past, here is a list of SOME of the composers whose work we plan on releasing this year:

WILLIAMS
    GOLDSMITH
    ELFMAN
    HORNER
    KAMEN
    ZIMMER
    HOWARD
    TIOMKIN
    WALKER
    BERNSTEIN
    SNOW
    ARNOLD
    MORRIS
    EDELMAN

Have a safe and Happy New Year. We’ll see you back here on Tuesday, Jan 15, 2013 at 1 pm pst for our first batch of releases of the new year!
  4. "Blood and Chrome"! Yes!
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2012 edited
    HORNER! YES!!
    About time to get some new re-releases of scores by Horner... smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2012
    Arnold! Keeping my fingers crossed for Shaft and The World Is Not Enough.
  5. Zimmer sounds good, hoping for great stuff like League of Their Own, Cool Runnings or Bird on a Wire cool
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh