• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2012 edited
    A win is a win! Take'em anyway you can get them! Victory!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2012
    I just thought it was a fun conversation?
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2012
    Fun? On the internet?
    It's serious business, Matt.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2012 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Fun? On the internet?
    It's serious business, Matt.

I like that! Those cops ain't got time for pussy footin' around!

p.s. notice one under each car, they know their place.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2012 edited
    New score for the composer

Wreck it Ralph

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2012/09/29 … k-details/
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2012
    The sound and music of WRECK-IT-RALPH

http://soundworkscollection.com/wreckitralph
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2012
    Demetris wrote
    The sound and music of WRECK-IT-RALPH

http://soundworkscollection.com/wreckitralph

Thank you for the notice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2012
    New score:

Henry Jackman Scoring Paul Greengrass’ ‘Captain Phillips’

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2012/11/20 … -phillips/
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2013
    G.I.Joe: Retaliation, score released by Varese

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2013/02/19 … ion-score/
  1. Does anyone know if there's going to be any score released for This is the End? Someone - I think it was Erik? - mentioned hearing a bit of it and that it was pretty good.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2013
    Earlier this spring, composer Matthew Margeson recorded his and Henry Jackman's score for the action flick Kick-Ass 2, which opened last week, on August 16th. Directed by Jeff Wadlow, the sequel to 2010's hit stars Aaron Johnson, Chloë Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, and Jim Carrey. ScoringSessions.com is thrilled to bring our readers the exclusive photos from the sessions!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2014
    We're going through the archives, and we've just posted a web gallery of pix from Henry Jackman's scoring sessions for 2013's action sequel, G.I. Joe: Retaliation! ScoringSessions.com is excited to bring you the photos from the sessions that took place at the Newman Scoring Stage at 20th Century Fox!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2014
    Jackman on his Captain America score:

"So I said you know what, I’m gonna do something completely crazy and dark for the Winter Soldier, and I’m just gonna go for it. I hadn’t worked with these directors before, and away from picture I just wrote a suite for the Winter Soldier that was about six or seven minutes long that I spent ages on and treated it like a record. The idea being that if I get this vibe right, if I nail this six or seven minute thing which I think is the essence of the character and it’s super radical and it’s not that traditional and not completely orchestral because I want to save some of that for Captain America, let’s just see what these guys say. I played it for them really loud, and after they were finished there was a bit of a silence, and then Joe [Russo] went “I love it! Awesome!” (laughs) What was really cool about it was that he said that piece was so great and unique and it doesn’t sound exactly like film music, do me a favour and don’t do that thing when once we start working on the movie it gets sanitised or watered down."

Hmm, I wonder who has tutored him on interview technique.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2014
    But it's a new RC score, I'm sure it'll be unlike anything we've ever heard before.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I have studied vast quantities of data and have reached this conclusion:

Composer says in interview: "This is so far out there, so radical, you've never heard anything like this before"
    Score: sounds like everything else

John Williams says in interview: something utterly mundane
    Score: vastly superior to anything the composer who thinks he is doing something radical could ever dream of doing

Let's hope this one bucks the trend.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2014 edited
    Oh man! This score does sound like nothing we've ever heard before. What are those unique "BRRAAAAH" sounds and those rhythmic oss-tin-autos and those drummy like things that sound rather synthetic? Neat....

vomit

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Have you heard it, or just guessing?
  2. Southall wrote
    it’s not that traditional and not completely orchestral because I want to save some of that for Captain America,

Buried within that otherwise rather unpromising blurb I detect a slight hint of hope in this sentence. I think the idea of pitting a heroic orchestra for Cap against some menacing electronics for his foe sounds like an effective one. Of course, I have no idea what that "orchestral" really means, as it could just amount to a load of ostinatos and horns of doom, but with Jackman I feel like there might be more reason to hope than with many of his colleagues.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Jackman on his Captain America score:

"So I said you know what, I’m gonna do something completely crazy and dark for the Winter Soldier, and I’m just gonna go for it. I hadn’t worked with these directors before, and away from picture I just wrote a suite for the Winter Soldier that was about six or seven minutes long that I spent ages on and treated it like a record. The idea being that if I get this vibe right, if I nail this six or seven minute thing which I think is the essence of the character and it’s super radical and it’s not that traditional and not completely orchestral because I want to save some of that for Captain America, let’s just see what these guys say. I played it for them really loud, and after they were finished there was a bit of a silence, and then Joe [Russo] went “I love it! Awesome!” (laughs) What was really cool about it was that he said that piece was so great and unique and it doesn’t sound exactly like film music, do me a favour and don’t do that thing when once we start working on the movie it gets sanitised or watered down."

Hmm, I wonder who has tutored him on interview technique.

lol
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Jackman has sounded like this before. I remember him saying he gave the X-Men a really cool theme with a big John Barry vibe going on ( his words, not mine ) but we never got to hear it because the producers didn't want a theme.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. I remember that. It was essentially the Magneto theme (bass line) that we know, but with a blaring brass theme over the top that sounded a bit like the Get Smart theme. Would have been a little more interesting than what we got, but I don't think it would have fit the character. But yes, the director nixed the actual theme part of the theme. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I remember it too 'cause we all discussed that notion a lot in the forums; he played the leitmotif, the director didn't like it, it stripped the theme of the leitmotif and kept just the bass-line, which shows the major- hollywood film scores' notion of today; interestingly however, that interview seems to have been pulled down since?? i wonder why ... (except if it's still out there and i can't find it).
  4. There was a Youtube video of him in his studio playing hte theme and cursing about it and how they removed the theme and left the "fucking bass line" or some such. Not too long after it, the video disappeared.

I like his honesty, though.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. Yeah, that's the one we're talking about. I thought he was quite frank and likeable, and as you say, at least he knows the difference between a theme and a bass line.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2014
    It made some very good points in it; no wonder it disappeared afterwards.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2014
    Details on the release of Captain America 2 http://filmmusicreporter.com/2014/03/12 … k-details/
  6. I see that Marvel's release of Henry Jackman's score Captain America: The Winter Soldier is on sale as a digital download for £11.50! That's a bit steep.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2014
    Massively steep I'd say! slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2014
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2014 edited
    A fantastic elegy on the state of modern Hollywood film music there, Southall. It is stupefying just how a score like this makes its way into a film titled "Captain America".