• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2009
    Anyone listened to his new Monsters VS. Aliens score? IMO although somewhat generic and not really terrific, I found it quite enjoyable, especially tracks like Battle At Golden Gate Bridge and A Giant Transformation. The guy seems to have good potential!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I believe I remember an interview with Hans Zimmer which said that Henry Jackman was largely responsible for the "Up Is Down" material from Pirates 3. If that's true, and given that that cue is one of the best and most orchestrally interesting parts of the score, I'd say he definitely has potential!
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2009 edited
    Scribe wrote
    I believe I remember an interview with Hans Zimmer which said that Henry Jackman was largely responsible for the "Up Is Down" material from Pirates 3. If that's true, and given that that cue is one of the best and most orchestrally interesting parts of the score, I'd say he definitely has potential!

Hans credited him with coming up with the Irish violin part.
  1. Or rather, with the idea to make it the swashbuckling jig it became.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Fun Score and worth a listen, so I agree if you havent check this one out.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2009
    Finally listened to the Monsters vs. Aliens score and I must say that it's quite a good score. It's a good combination of the bold brassy orchestral work that Rupert Gregson-Williams had done for Bee Movie plus a nice dose of John Powell style of quirky electronics and arrangements (quite appropriately so since he did do some additional scoring work with John on Hancock and Kung Fu Panda). As the first solo score for Mr Jackman, it's pretty impressive, even more so than RGW's first score, Over The Hedge. Looking forward to his next score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2009
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Or rather, with the idea to make it the swashbuckling jig it became.

Sounds like it.
  2. That's what Zimmer said in an interview.
  3. The LMO (London Metropolitan Orchestra) reports they've done his replacement score to "Kick-Ass". They also say they were the orchestra for all three rejected scores.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2010
    justin boggan wrote
    The LMO (London Metropolitan Orchestra) reports they've done his replacement score to "Kick-Ass". They also say they were the orchestra for all three rejected scores.

Can you say who were the original composers?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Ilan Eshkeri, John Murphy, and one more whose name I can't recall.
  4. Henry Jackman, actually biggrin
  5. lp wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    The LMO (London Metropolitan Orchestra) reports they've done his replacement score to "Kick-Ass". They also say they were the orchestra for all three rejected scores.

Can you say who were the original composers?

I could, but I created a site just for that purpose, back in 2004:

http://www.RejectedFilmScores.150m.com/list.html

Also check out the "DEMOS" section later for yet another composer.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Henry Jackman, actually biggrin

No, Jackman is the fourth one. There was another fella who had his score rejected too. tongue
  6. No score is rejected, most probably they pulled off a Miami Vice, as Mikael said.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    kick ass got 3 rejected scores?!?1
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  7. Michael said that when Murphy was hired. No word on the mixture with Jackman.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    So.... Ilan Eshkeri, Marius De Vries, John Murphy and Henry Jackman. Who will get the final credit?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Zimmer, of course!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    This must have become one of the best scores then! 3 rejections!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well they ought to bring Tyler Bates in. Or Paul Haslinger.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  8. IF Haslinger, then right after he does his score, they should decide to go back to Eshkeri. ;-)

Three rejections -- that ties with "The Sepent and the Rainbow" for number of rejections.

But the film doesn't open until MArch here (in the U.S. first), so there's plenty of time -- considering the time frame for writing & recording then rejections Vries and Murphy did their scores, to replace at least four more scores.
  9. lp wrote
    So.... Ilan Eshkeri, Marius De Vries, John Murphy and Henry Jackman. Who will get the final credit?

According to the newest movie poster, all of them are credited.
    http://www.getthebigpicture.net/storage … s_quad.jpg
  10. What a huge mess.

I guess on te plus side, the LMO players have been getting a ton of practice. And pay.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2010
    justin boggan wrote
    IF Haslinger, then right after he does his score, they should decide to go back to Eshkeri. ;-)

Three rejections -- that ties with "The Sepent and the Rainbow" for number of rejections.

But the film doesn't open until MArch here (in the U.S. first), so there's plenty of time -- considering the time frame for writing & recording then rejections Vries and Murphy did their scores, to replace at least four more scores.

Who got rejected from The Serpent and The Rainbow?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Scorefanatic wrote
    lp wrote

According to the newest movie poster, all of them are credited.
    http://www.getthebigpicture.net/storage … s_quad.jpg

Cool. punk
  11. Timmer wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    IF Haslinger, then right after he does his score, they should decide to go back to Eshkeri. ;-)

Who got rejected from The Serpent and The Rainbow?

My site:
    http://www.RejectedFilmScores.150m.com/list.html
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ta!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  12. IT's also single handedly the weirdest story of rejections I know of, TSatR.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    justin boggan wrote
    IT's also single handedly the weirdest story of rejections I know of, TSatR.

I'm intrigued Justin, why's that?