• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Man, this is sad news, my sympathy and thoughts go to Liam Neeson now and everyone who knew her, this is no age to depart this world sad

I knew she was involved in a sky accident, but still this? confused
    Anyway, here's the news if anyone didn't know the story yet

The family of actress Natasha Richardson (The White Countess) officially released the news earlier today. She was declared dead today at the age of 45. What seemed like a minor skiing accident on a practice trail in Quebec (she reportedly walked away from the fall, laughing) quickly morphed into a life ending tragedy. Head trauma and brain injuries are mysterious things and difficult to predict (here's an article with a neurologist theorizing on the matter).

This is a terrible loss to everyone who enjoyed her work and of course especially tragic for her family, one of the most important film and stage families of the past century. Natasha's father, Oscar winning director Tony Richardson (Tom Jones) passed away in 1991 but her mother, the legendary Vanessa Redgrave is still vital and working. Natasha performed with Vanessa just two months ago here in New York City as mother in daughter in Stephen Sondheim

The 45-year-old actress, wife of Liam Neeson, died on Wednesday following a skiing accident on Monday.
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2009
    Off Topic my friend.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    Off Topic my friend.

-Erik-

don't care shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2009 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Off Topic my friend.

-Erik-

don't care shame

Ooooooooookay!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah, this has left me pretty aching... I had the HUGEST crush on Natasha back in the day she was still doing films (late eighties / early nineties). Hated Liam for getting in there before she had a chance to meet me! cool

Terrible news. Just 45, dammit.
    And a stupid SKIING accident.
    DAMN.
    sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Off Topic my friend.

-Erik-

don't care shame

Ooooooooookay!

-Erik-

I must be honest too, I never actually paid any attention how you could swap the topic genre in a new discussion, but now I know

Next time I'll try to put this in the correct topic genre, you're right Erik

Still, I want people to see this shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    This might be a little insensitive but I don't care... or at least not as much as most of the world does about this. I mean, it's terrible news but only because she is a celebrity do we hear about the accident. What about the countless others... kids even... who have fallen, banged their heads and met the same fate? Why aren't their stories being published? Now sure, this might open the discussion on mandatory helmets on a ski slope but I personally don't know Natasha so I'm not getting all bent out of shape by this whole ordeal. But I do feel terrible for Liam and his two kids but that's about all the time I'm going to spend thinking about this.

But then again, if this happen to Harrison Ford or Steven Spielberg I might have to take a few weeks off work to recover.

Anyway, that's my two honest cents.

-Erik-
  4. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Fuck man, this is sad news, my sympathy and thoughts go to Liam Neeson now and everyone who knew her, this is no age to depart this world sad

The family of actress Natasha Richardson (The White Countess) officially released the news earlier today. She was declared dead today at the age of 45. What seemed like a minor skiing accident on a practice trail in Quebec (she reportedly walked away from the fall, laughing) quickly morphed into a life ending tragedy. Head trauma and brain injuries are mysterious things and difficult to predict (here's an article with a neurologist theorizing on the matter).

This is a terrible loss to everyone who enjoyed her work and of course especially tragic for her family, one of the most important film and stage families of the past century. Natasha's father, Oscar winning director Tony Richardson (Tom Jones) passed away in 1991 but her mother, the legendary Vanessa Redgrave is still vital and working. Natasha performed with Vanessa just two months ago here in New York City as mother in daughter in Stephen Sondheim

The 45-year-old actress, wife of Liam Neeson, died on Wednesday following a skiing accident on Monday.

Can you give the link to the neurological article? I'm interested.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote
    What about the countless others... kids even... who have fallen, banged their heads and met the same fate? Why aren't their stories being published?

You're not seriously asking why a famous person is more famous than a non-famous person, are you?
    (Although I admit she may be a lot better known to Eropeans or Broadway fanatics)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. Erik Woods wrote
    This might be a little insensitive but I don't care... or at least not as much as most of the world does about this. I mean, it's terrible news but only because she is a celebrity do we hear about the accident. What about the countless others... kids even... who have fallen, banged their heads and met the same fate? Why aren't their stories being published? Now sure, this might open the discussion on mandatory helmets on a ski slope but I personally don't know Natasha so I'm not getting all bent out of shape by this whole ordeal. But I do feel terrible for Liam and his two kids but that's about all the time I'm going to spend thinking about this.

But then again, if this happen to Harrison Ford or Steven Spielberg I might have to take a few weeks off work to recover.

Anyway, that's my two honest cents.

-Erik-

this you're right about, terrible stuff happens everyday, and it is because she's a celebrity we hear about it.

But it is still sad news no matter what, I think I react that way because of Liam, who is such a sensitive sole, I think I have that mental picture inside my head now of him giving the ceremonial speech in Love Actually, when he's burying his wife shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    What about the countless others... kids even... who have fallen, banged their heads and met the same fate? Why aren't their stories being published?

You're not seriously asking why a famous person is more famous than a non-famous person, are you?
    (Although I admit she may be a lot better known to Eropeans or Broadway fanatics)

No, I'm not but you can see what I mean, can't you? Maybe the wording was all wrong. Look, here's the deal... how many people knew who Natasha Richardson was before the accident? Honestly? I'm putting my hand up! I might have heard the name but seriously had no real clue. Now, how many have actually cared about her, her career or her life in the past few years? Now all of a sudden she dies and it's everywhere. I don't know, maybe I'm just talking out of my ass...

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    But it is still sad news no matter what, I think I react that way because of Liam, who is such a sensitive sole, I think I have that mental picture inside my head now of him giving the ceremonial speech in Love Actually, when he's burying his wife shame

Sure, it has a bit of a personal angle as well. I couldn't picture my wife going through the same thing and then having to explain to my little guy why Mom isn't coming back. Maybe it is a good thing that she was a celebrity because it gets us talking and think about it on a more personal level. Again, I don't know, but there is still something bothering me about this whole thing...

-Erik-
  6. Yes I don't know her that well, but when I saw the news, it peeked my interest to know who she was, and if I saw here in a film. Wasn't she in Merlin (with Sam Neill, scored by Trevor Jones) all those years ago?

Anyway, it's sad for her family, Joely is her little sister to my own surprise, but these things do happen to celebrities as well, they're not immortal as their screen performances will be.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote
    but you can see what I mean, can't you?

Yeah, I hear ya.
    She does seem to be a lot better known then you might think though, witness the fact that they're dimming the lights on Broadway tonight at 20:00 as an hommage. She really was quite the thespian, though indeed for a smaller audience than more "household names" like Spielberg or Ford.

I agree that the story seems puffed up (possibly due to the link with Liam Neeson who IS a household name now?), and I can see where that might be annoying to those who did not know her (or just a little), especially in the grand scheme of things.

It sure fucked up my day though, but that obviously is very personal.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    DreamTheater wrote
    Yes I don't know her that well, but when I saw the news, it peeked my interest to know who she was, and if I saw here in a film. Wasn't she in Merlin (with Sam Neill, scored by Trevor Jones) all those years ago?

No, that's her sister Miranda, also known as "Queenie" from Blackadder II.
  7. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Fuck man, this is sad news, my sympathy and thoughts go to Liam Neeson now and everyone who knew her, this is no age to depart this world sad

8. PawelStroinski wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

this is where I got it from, perhaps you can find it here

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001670/news#ni0715480
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Didn't you just say that? confused
  9. Martijn wrote
    Didn't you just say that? confused

someone asks, I deliver, but there is of course a lot more news on that page
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Not you.
  10. Martijn wrote
    Not you.

I'm going crazy over here biggrin
  11. PawelStroinski wrote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7952414.stm
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  12. Oh, an epidural hematoma, tricky...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah. That's the word. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The brain is a so much of a mystery. My doctor had no clue as to what would happen with me and the bleeding to my brain.
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    This was very saddening.

...and Tom, I'm so damn glad you are still with us.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Looking back I was very lucky indeed.
    listen to more classical music!
  13. Yes, you were.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I don't know who she was and i don't particularly....care; that means i am going to hell, right? shame
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    I don't know who she was and i don't particularly....care; that means i am going to hell, right? shame

Not at all.

I feel the same way when I see obitoraries over at the FSM board with RIP ( fill the blank here with someone I've never heard of but meant something to Americans ).

I completely understand both yours and Erik's reaction.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt