• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Martijn wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Yes I don't know her that well, but when I saw the news, it peeked my interest to know who she was, and if I saw here in a film. Wasn't she in Merlin (with Sam Neill, scored by Trevor Jones) all those years ago?

No, that's her sister Miranda, also known as "Queenie" from Blackadder II.

You're right Martijn, I mixed those two up, so she had a third sister in the acting business. Interesting.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2009
    I think the press has to do with the sudden death with no warning and such a freak way to go.
    listen to more classical music!
  2. Yeah, to know she would have lived if she only decided to get in that first ambulance... even though she felt fine at that time. It boggles the mind.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. She didn't know what happened then. She wasn't aware that walking the trauma off makes things worse and expands the hemorrhage.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DreamTheater wrote
    Yeah, to know she would have lived if she only decided to get in that first ambulance... even though she felt fine at that time. It boggles the mind.

How many times have you bumped your head and thought you were fine afterwards? I've smashed my head a few times... even once as a youngster on the ice without a helmet. I never went to the hospital. Now big bumps that leave goose eggs... yes, I'm off to the hospital but if there was no physical sign of injury I'm going home. The unfortunate thing is that she felt fine yet her body was unable to tell her that she was bleeding internally. What can you do? If you feel fine, you fine fine and go put some ice on it.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. Exactly. Especially that in this case, the hemorrhage is very small in the beginning, so you're not aware of it. It's like she had a little bruise in her brain (a hematoma is mostly visible as a bruise and often it vanishes itself, because the body takes the blood back, sometimes it needs draining, but only in serious cases.

To survive, she'd have to get a CT scan and a neurosurgical intervention right on the spot of the accident. No can do, I'm afraid.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Yeah, to know she would have lived if she only decided to get in that first ambulance... even though she felt fine at that time. It boggles the mind.

How many times have you bumped your head and thought you were fine afterwards? I've smashed my head a few times... even once as a youngster on the ice without a helmet. I never went to the hospital. Now big bumps that leave goose eggs... yes, I'm off to the hospital but if there was no physical sign of injury I'm going home. The unfortunate thing is that she felt fine yet her body was unable to tell her that she was bleeding internally. What can you do? If you feel fine, you fine fine and go put some ice on it.

-Erik-

Having said what you did Erik I'm glad that I went to the hospital and had myself completely checked out with this last small stroke. Your correct in your assessment that 999 times out of a 1000 everything is ok. Better to error on the side of caution if possible.
  5. Exactly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    She might be alive today if she had
  6. Yes, I guess so. The reaction would have to been insanely quick though. I've read the neurological expertise from the link that was given and I've read a bit about epidural hematoma. If she went into Computer Tomography RIGHT AFTER the accident (OK, give it 10-15 minutes without any position change, she walked a brain hemorrhage out, which led to an immense stroke that rendered her braindead) and had a surgery immediately after the CT scan, she'd have survived. It's a case of draining the hematoma and lowering intracranial pressure.
  7. It's also worth keeping in mind that she may have had some sort of predisposition to having such an episode to a head trauma that, to the rest of us, would have only resulted no injury.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2009
    Good point Alan