• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Catching Butterflies and the song for sure.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. My order, still pending is as follows:

- Hook 2CD
    - John Carter
    - Hook 2CD
    - Eraser expanded
    - Hook 2CD
    - North Star (for Thomas)
    - Walking Thunder (for Thomas)
    - Hook 2CD

I didn't order 4 copies of Hook of course, but it's four times more awaited as the other albums. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. DreamTheater wrote
    My order, still pending is as follows:

- Hook 2CD
    - John Carter
    - Hook 2CD
    - Eraser expanded
    - Hook 2CD
    - North Star (for Thomas)
    - Walking Thunder (for Thomas)
    - Hook 2CD

I didn't order 4 copies of Hook of course, but it's four times more awaited as the other albums. smile

I don't believe you
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2012
    I'm not quite sure I've understood you, Gilles. Are you saying you're excited for the HOOK 2CD release? wink
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Excited? Maybe just a little... It's only 20 years after all... There's nothing here I haven't heard 50 times already.

Nah I'll probably rip the box to pieces when it arrives. And put that baby on the following second. cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  5. I'm happy for all you folks that have wanted an expansion of Hook for all these years.

Today I bought some scores for the first time in four or five months:

Days of Heaven - Morricone (really looking forward to hearing this)
    The Greatest Miracle - McKenzie (had the download already, but went for the CD as well for several reasons)
    The Red Canvas - James Peterson
    Rex Steele: Nazi Smasher, etc. - Ryan Shore
    The Last Airbender - JNH
    The Water Horse - JNH
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2012
    Can I ask you how much you paid for Water Horse Christian?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. Nothing! My library has a deal with Sony records. Members of our library district can download 5 tracks per week for free from their digital music library. So it's not the CD - it's a download. And maybe I shouldn't say that it cost me nothing. It cost me weeks of downloading it one chunk at a time! (technically I still have three tracks to go...)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ahhhh I see. The reason I asked is because there's a store near me that has a dozen or more brand new sealed copies for only £2 each.

If anyone is interested let me know.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yes, please! punk
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  7. The expanded "Papillion" release suffers from the same problem as the region two DVD release -- the speed of the music is slightly faster.

Being a prime favorite, and still a little bit from complete, and the speed error needing fixing, I imagine one perhaps some label will solve all those problems with lovely remastered sound.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  8. Another little batch today:

Michael Giacchino - John Carter (the CD from Amazon)
    John Williams - Saving Private Ryan
  9. Decided to pass on Jackman's Man On A Ledge and went for these instead:

Journey - Austin Wintory
    Basket Bronx - Lucas Vidal
    The Raven - Lucas Vidal

Don't have time to listen to any of them tonight. Instead off to watch David Arnold as the one-man house band on The Matt Lucas Awards (BBC1, 10.35pm).
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2012
    justin boggan wrote
    The expanded "Papillion" release suffers from the same problem as the region two DVD release -- the speed of the music is slightly faster.

Being a prime favorite, and still a little bit from complete, and the speed error needing fixing, I imagine one perhaps some label will solve all those problems with lovely remastered sound.

I had never heard this before! I certainly never noticed while listening to it.
  10. But as you would probably know the film from viewing it in PAL, to hear the music at its natural speed would seem slightly slow to you. (And to me -- we watch PAL down here too.)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  11. Also one of the reasons why blu-ray is better. No more PAL speed-up. A movie is the same length no matter where you buy it.
  12. So we're at 116 pages of this thread. Will there ever be a "Recent Purchases: Scores - Part II"?

Anywho, I bought the following:

A SINGLE MAN
    W.E.
    EIGHT BELOW
    PARTITION

W.E. is the only one I've already heard. It's very good. I'm thinking I'm going to like the rest of these, too.
  13. Considering I actually liked the Silvestri score so much in the film (must have something to do with the fact I'll still going nuts over the film wink ) I decided myself to order it anyway

- The Avengers (Alan Silvestri)
    - In the Army Now (Robert Folk)
    - Shergar (John Scott)
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  14. My copy of First Blood: Part II was in the mail yesterday and came with another little order I placed on an auction website:

Michael Kamen - Band of Brothers

I love both scores.
  15. Finally decided to get it and with some problems, for merely less that 16$ (including shipping) today I ordered:

James Newton Howard - Snow Falling on Cedars
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2012
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Finally decided to get it and with some problems, for merely less that 16$ (including shipping) today I ordered:

One of his very best though I'm sure you were already familiar with it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2012
    Timmer wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Finally decided to get it and with some problems, for merely less that 16$ (including shipping) today I ordered:

One of his very best though I'm sure you were already familiar with it.

Agreed! It's a fan favourite, and deservedly so.
    I am extremely serious.
  16. I was. Very rarely I get scores that I am not familiar with and I don't love them smile. The rare cases are when I get review copies.
  17. After a bad day-turned-better I decided to keep giving my mood a boost and just placed this order, first time shopping from Intrada

Jerry Goldsmith - Rambo III

I know the score full well and this will end my Rambo collection. I have no wish to own Brian Tyler's subpar effort. Obviously (as hinted by the place I ordered it from) I am buying the complete score presentation by Intrada, as part of their MAF series, I believe it was their first release in MAF, back in 1989 or around that time. All my Rambo scores are the most expanded and/or complete available pressings - thanks to my friend Maciek Dobrowolski I got First Blood as a birthday/Christmas gift, then I ordered Part Two and now I will own part three.

I love those scores.
  18. Rambo III is 76 minutes of Goldsmith greatness, at least to my ears. Love that Intrada album, not a minute too much on that disc. cool

Brian Tyler did a Rambo? The less said about it, the better. vomit
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2012 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    Rambo III is 76 minutes of Goldsmith greatness, at least to my ears. Love that Intrada album, not a minute too much on that disc. cool

Brian Tyler did a Rambo? The less said about it, the better. vomit

I didn't buy the Tyler album but I did think some of the scoring was good which is weird coming from me because I dislike over 90% of his output.

p.s. He handled Goldsmith's themes very clumsily IMO.
  19. Agreed, whenever I hear those themes in the film I cringe...
  20. It was quite clumsy what Tyler did but I enjoyed hearing Goldsmith's themes in a new setting. I do like the theme he did for tracks such as "Aftermath" and "The Village".
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2012
    I often offer Tyler's Rambo as a prime example of how not to incorporate another composer's themes into your score. The styles are so different, whenever the Goldsmith appears it just sounds like one score finishes and another one begins - it's so jarring. Contrast with something like the use of the Alexander Courage theme over the Star Trek III finale - you'd never guess that music was from somewhere else, it's so beautifully put in.
  21. I have no idea if there is any truth to this, but someboyd had posted Joel had been consdiered for the film. Such a shame he didn't get it.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.