• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. DreamTheater wrote
    Rambo III is 76 minutes of Goldsmith greatness, at least to my ears. Love that Intrada album, not a minute too much on that disc. cool

Brian Tyler did a Rambo? The less said about it, the better. vomit

Oh, I've been always in love with the Afghanistan theme, which is not mentioned enough on any forum there is.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. Jerry Goldsmith - Chinatown

This has potential to be one of my favourite Goldsmith scores with repeated listens and I hope for some neat remastering and maybe good liner notes?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2012
    Unfortunately liner notes is something Varese rarely indulge anymore.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. It's a club release, hopefully they will have some.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2012
    Bought today...

KINGDOMS OF AMALUR : RECKONING - Grant Kirkhope
    THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN - James Horner
    THE BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL - Thomas Newman
    SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER - Various*

*Only £2, I don't like a lot of it but it does have some great tracks like David Shire's Manhatten Skyline and M.F.S.B.s K-JEE.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Kingdoms of Alamur is decent, nothing that will blow you away but at least it's more entertaining than your second purchase.

Tell us what you think of Spiderman after you've given it a couple of listens, Tim.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2012
    Will do when I get around to it.
  5. Timmer wrote
    Bought today...

KINGDOMS OF AMALUR : RECKONING - Grant Kirkhope

I disliked the fading out so much, it irritated the hell out of me. I hope it's not that version you bought here?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  6. The fading out is on the album release, or so I've read. Some dude has done a cleaned up version available on the net that has proper endings to some of the cues, the action cues.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  7. I've ordered Star Trek The Motion Picture (Goldsmith) and Taxi Driver (Herrmann), but they still haven't been shipped. C'mon Scotty: WARP FACTOR NINE !!!!! smile

Jaws (RSNO / McNeely) is on its way: I've now listened to all three releases and I like this recording the most.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2012
    DreamTheater wrote
    I've ordered Star Trek The Motion Picture (Goldsmith) and Taxi Driver (Herrmann), but they still haven't been shipped. C'mon Scotty: WARP FACTOR NINE !!!!! smile

Jaws (RSNO / McNeely) is on its way: I've now listened to all three releases and I like this recording the most.

I saw a sealed copy of Taxi Driver for £2 recently, is that a better price than you're paying for it?
  8. DreamTheater wrote
    I've ordered Star Trek The Motion Picture (Goldsmith) and Taxi Driver (Herrmann), but they still haven't been shipped. C'mon Scotty: WARP FACTOR NINE !!!!! smile

it seems you're really focusing on the good old classics, and hardly on the recent releases of today

May I say: wise choice cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2012 edited
    Over the last ten+ years I've focused much more on classic and re/un/released scores as my enthusiasm for modern scores wane dramatically. My ears are always open though and the odd new score still has the ability to catch me by surprise at times.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2012
    My pockets have been drying off dramatically during the last 2 years, not the wish for scores .Personally speaking.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  9. Timmer wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

I saw a sealed copy of Taxi Driver for £2 recently, is that a better price than you're paying for it?

I've ordered both Taxi Driver and TMP over at SAE, Taxi Driver being 6.95 $, which is still a very good price.
  10. Timmer wrote
    Over the last ten+ years I've focused much more on classic and re/un/released scores as my enthusiasm for modern scores wane dramatically. My ears are always open though and the odd new score still has the ability to catch me by surprise at times.

In the same boat as you. There was a time I would buy up to 5 scores, every couple of weeks, and most of them new releases. But that was then, and I just don't like modern scoring anymore, apart from a few on occasion. Williams I will practically always blind buy, Horner too (except Spider-man has put me off of it).

The other composers are more miss than hit these days. I'm just stuck in the old ways, D would agree with me and tell me to wake the fuck up... biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2012
    Dear maintitlers, which - would you say, it's the cheapest (and also reliable) online SCORE CD retailer at the moment, for E.U? Thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Cheap & reliable:
    Play.com
    Amazon.co.uk
    Quartetrecords.com

Reliable:
    Intermezzomedia.com
    soundtrackcorner.de

It's almost always cheaper ordering in the US, though.
    Amazon and Intrada are my outlets of choice.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I buy almost exclusively from Amazon.co.uk and Intrada, I have never had a problem with either.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Cheap & reliable:
    Play.com
    Amazon.co.uk
    Quartetrecords.com

Reliable:
    Intermezzomedia.com
    soundtrackcorner.de

It's almost always cheaper ordering in the US, though.
    Amazon and Intrada are my outlets of choice.

Martijn, what about delivery times and shipping when ordering from the US? Also what about sae and colosseum.de?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No longer a big fan from SAE as they have implemented a very odd policy that they won't reimburse you for lost items (which I could imagine if I were ordering from Iraq or Afghanistan....but apparently this is now their mainstay policy for the better part of the world). To my mind that's a business risk. Not a customer risk.

That said, SAE has very friendly pricing and outstanding service (for one thing: they'll mark packages so that you are unlikely to pay any additional customs tax on them).

Colosseum is fine, but expensive.

Delivery from the US takes anything from 5 days up to six weeks.
    I've experienced both.
    It's a bit the luck of the draw.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  11. I completely recommend SAE for shipping to Europe, I've NEVER EVER had to pay an income tax when my package arrived. It helps they always put maximum 25 dollars on the shipping document, to deceive the customs department. Their orders take a bit longer to complete nowadays, sometimes up to two weeks, but once its shipped it arrives very fast here in Belgium.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    How does SAE prices compare to those in amazon.co.uk, Play.com? Also, how about ebay.com?
  12. SAE means dollars, so EUR compared to USD means better for us.

Play.com, amazon.co.uk means english pounds, so not better for us.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2012
    La Casa Bruciata - Ennio Morricone (Some or other reviewer active on this board was down with this score)
    Il Mio Nome E' Nessuno - Ennio Morricone (apparently this one is OK-ish as well)
    Diario De Una Ninfomana - Roque Baños (gorgeous minimalist score I found through the "whatchaplaying" group on Facebook)
    The Phantom - David Newman (Yet ANOTHER reviewer active on this site raves about this, so I thought I'd see what all the hullaballoo is about, eh?)
  13. From Intrada (both Goldsmith):

- The Shadow
    - 2 Days in the Valley

cool
  14. DreamTheater wrote
    From Intrada (both Goldsmith):

- The Shadow
    - 2 Days in the Valley

cool

good boy, we can always use more Goldsmith smile

and considering I add to that list Rio Lobo, Stagecoach and Warning Shot, I guess we can be called Goldsmith completists soon cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2012
    What I bought:

The Producers - Mel Brooks

tongue
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  15. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    From Intrada (both Goldsmith):

- The Shadow
    - 2 Days in the Valley

cool

good boy, we can always use more Goldsmith smile

and considering I add to that list Rio Lobo, Stagecoach and Warning Shot, I guess we can be called Goldsmith completists soon cool

Not by a long shot bro, but I do seem to have everything I've ever wanted from the man in one way or another.

I've already listened to The Shadow and it's incredible! A superb release, the original 30 minutes only scratched the surface of what Jerry did with this film. You'll love it too, I guarantee it!! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2012 edited
    Just pre-order the 180-grammar vinyl of Hans Zimmer's DARK KNIGHT RISES over at amazon, can't wait!