• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. DreamTheater wrote
    Think cosmically. tongue

Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup
    They slither wildly as they slip away across the universe ...
    Rüm Hart - Klaar Kiming
  2. Which brings us back to Dead Poets Society.

It starred Robin Williams.

etc. etc. etc.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. So I only ended up buying two albums during the Varèse sale of one day (-20 %)

Executive Decision by one Jerry Goldsmith. That name sounds promising.
    Alien: A Biomechanical Symphony. Featuring monsters and butch females in a concert setting.

Cannot wait. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. So I got the above, but was obliged to pay for additional income tax fees bull-crap. That was the first and last time ordering from Varèse directly. angry

But I've ordered The Terminator on CD in a european store and it's on its way ! cool
  5. Still haven't received the new remastered Terminator score. I'm wondering when it'll be back. sad
  6. I was about to say the most excellent insulting one-liner ever uttered by a cyborg to the fella that stole my CD, but it's back from when it was originally, stuck somewhere between the present and the future cheesy
  7. So, nobody's buying any scores around here?

Well, except for some of the special releases (expansions and such) I practically don't either anymore.

I've just ordered:

Volcano (Silvestri)
    Starship Troopers (Poledouris)
    Fimucité 6: Universal Pictures 100th Anniversary Gala

Since I love the performances on the Fimucité Alien Symphony that Varèse put out in 2012, I'm extremely looking forward to that one. And the other two of course.
  8. I've been on a music-buying hiatus because we're in the process of moving and trying to save every dollar. I might buy a Naoki Sato score tonight, though. That NHK hot spot season 2 thing he composed last year. I find I need a new Sato score at least every year. The man is amazing.
  9. My acquisition rate has dwindled down for several reasons. Almost all scores I was ever interested in I have now in my collection. At 1100 CDs I find myself unsure occasionally whether I own a certain CD or I don't. A collection that I am not entirely familiar with makes no sense to me. There is still great film music being composed in many parts of the world. But often when I like a score I think that I have several scores of the same style in my collection already and further adding up doesn't make much sense. Especially since you can today listen to a lot of new stuff via streaming.
    Rüm Hart - Klaar Kiming
  10. christopher wrote
    I've been on a music-buying hiatus because we're in the process of moving and trying to save every dollar. I might buy a Naoki Sato score tonight, though. That NHK hot spot season 2 thing he composed last year. I find I need a new Sato score at least every year. The man is amazing.

He definitely is. I'm a huge fan of Space Battleship Yamato. The man sure likes to put the sweeping back in film music doesn't he?

I see an album on iTunes called Brave Hearts Umizaru. The clips tell me I should get it. Do you know it Christopher?
  11. Captain Future wrote
    My acquisition rate has dwindled down for several reasons. Almost all scores I was ever interested in I have now in my collection. At 1100 CDs I find myself unsure occasionally whether I own a certain CD or I don't. A collection that I am not entirely familiar with makes no sense to me. There is still great film music being composed in many parts of the world. But often when I like a score I think that I have several scores of the same style in my collection already and further adding up doesn't make much sense. Especially since you can today listen to a lot of new stuff via streaming.

I know what you mean. I stream almost all the new stuff and just buy the occasional track from this or that album. It takes a really good score to get me to buy a whole album. Or it takes a score that I've heard is great from a lot of people, but that isnt on Spotify.
  12. DreamTheater wrote
    christopher wrote
    I've been on a music-buying hiatus because we're in the process of moving and trying to save every dollar. I might buy a Naoki Sato score tonight, though. That NHK hot spot season 2 thing he composed last year. I find I need a new Sato score at least every year. The man is amazing.

He definitely is. I'm a huge fan of Space Battleship Yamato. The man sure likes to put the sweeping back in film music doesn't he?

I see an album on iTunes called Brave Hearts Umizaru. The clips tell me I should get it. Do you know it Christopher?

Im not familiar with that one. I haven't found too many of his scores that I like on iTunes. Most of his I have to order as an import. My favorite so far is TSUNAGU. KANO is really good, too. YAMATO and PRICELESS are good. A couple of his scores that are on itunes (in the US, anyway) that might not be worth a whole score purchase, but have some really good tracks are STAND BY ME DORAEMON, CARNATION 2, and the NHK special HUMAN NAZE NINGEN NI NARETANOKA. Are any of those available on iTunes for you?
  13. Hey Christopher I just checked iTunes only has the one available I mentioned.

In other news, I decided to finally buy The Ghost and The Darkness expanded release by Intrada, but digital rather than physical. Curiously it's Lalaland that recently released it on various digital outlets, like iTunes, Google Play, 7Digital and Amazon. I got it at 7Digital because it's the only one that apparently sells it in lossless format (FLAC). At only 11 euros one of Jerry's most inspired scores becomes an absolutely steal, the only thing missing of importance is the booklet and info therein. smile

If one wants to see the complete list of digital releases, click here.
  14. I recently purchased three scores from 2015 that I never got to hear:

SAIGO NO RAKUEN season 2 - Naoki Sato

PETER AND WENDY - Maurizio Malagnini

THE HUNT - Steven Price

None of these had US releases either on CD or itunes. The one from Japan will take a while to get here, but the Malagnini just arrived and now I get to listen to it for the first time. Can't wait!
  15. It's only logical that today I've ordered the blu-ray of 'Hollywood in Vienna: The World of James Horner'. I've already witnessed the concert on YT but I wouldn't be a true fan if I said this didn't belong in my collection. Besides the superior picture and audio quality alone will make me experience it like new. After its arrival, I'll cherish this concert forever.
  16. I still haven't watched that Blu-ray mentioned in the post above. This is unacceptable. Horner is my number 1 composer. This post is to remind me to get off my ass and watch (and listen to) it ASAP.

And also that I've gone and ordered the following from SAE, which I rarely do anymore because the shipping costs are a bit steep these days. But since this seems like a nice enough batch I couldn't resist to order at my favorite online store. And because once in a while I need new music from the good old days...

- War of the Worlds (John Williams) after an ear-opening listen
    - The Black Cauldron Encore Edition (Elmer Bernstein) Varese Club
    - Under Siege 2: Dark Territory Deluxe Edition (Basil Poledouris) Varese Club
    - Cliffhanger (Trevor Jones) recent LLL release

cool cheesy