• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2008
    Silly me
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2008 edited
    Mijn Franse Tante Gazeuse - a few Jan Robijns cues, while most of the tracks are songs.
    • CommentAuthorJuPe
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2008 edited
    I found these from second hand stores in Helsinki last weekend:

Dogma - Howard Shore
    Gothika - John Ottman
    Iris - James Horner
    Jaws: Collector's edition - John Williams
    The Fugitive - James Newton Howard
    The Legend Of 1900 - Ennio Morricone
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2008
    JuPe wrote

Dogma - Howard Shore
    Gothika - John Ottman
    Iris - James Horner

Some excellent stuff there ( except Gothika which I haven't heard ).

What do you think of DOGMA? It's one of my favourite Shore scores and another one that points in the direction of what was to come later with LOTR.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorJuPe
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote

What do you think of DOGMA? It's one of my favourite Shore scores and another one that points in the direction of what was to come later with LOTR.

I haven't listened to them all yet, but I have listened Dogma, and I really liked it. I like it because it isn't too serious and I especially love the choral stuff. My favourite tracks are John Doe Jersey, Behold The Metatron and The Golgothan. The next one I'm going to listen is The Fugitive by James Newton Howard, Iris and Jaws are still waiting for a spin.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Excellent Juha, glad you enjoyed it and you practically named my favourite tracks from the album too. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    JuPe wrote

Dogma - Howard Shore
    Gothika - John Ottman
    Iris - James Horner

Gothika is a snoozer.
  1. In defence of Gothika, "Miranda's Theme" is quite listenable - but that only amounts to 2 minutes from a 50-minute release.

Arrived today:

10,000 B.C. - Harald Kloser
    La Jeune Fille et Les Loups - Armand Amar
    La Baronessa di Carini - Paolo Vivaldi

Yet to listen to them...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2008
    Instead of ordering Goldsmith's Baby from Intrada (like virtually 90% of film score collectors did), I ordered This Girl for Hire -- and my first Broughton score to boot.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I ordered none of those wink
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Musique & Cinema Du Monde - Maghreb (Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia)

Music & Cinema Du Monde is a series the French label Mk2, which focuses on world cinema music. 11 different compliations disc were produced. Some volumes included a combination of world music with score, while some focus more on either score or world music.
    The Maghreb release is less interesting than I had imagined. I was initially attracted by the cue by Anouar Brahem, Khaled and Tony Gatflif. But not all the music on the cd is as interesting as their music. Still I've learned some new names.

Mk2's website:
    http://www.tv5.org/TV5Site/mk2/tour_du_monde.php?txt=1
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2008
    Sally Potter & David Motian - Orlando
    Ludwig Eckmann - Die Apothekerin
    Ali N. Askin - Sieben Monde
    Eric Demarsan - Bonne Chance Frenchie
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    MMmmkaaayyyy...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2008 edited
    Apart from Ludwig Eckmann, who's German, the other guys were born in Kuglputerzimignistany, famous for its Shaotoprotlp movie genre. Notice how Sieben Monde has something German too, often referred to as the 'German Kuglputerzimigni' influence.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Close, very close...

I can explain two of these purchases;

I've often seen Die Apothekerin in Berlin, but the price was just too high (5 euro). A discount of 4 euros was worth the wait. I adore Sally Potter's film Yes, for which she also wrote some music.
    • CommentAuthorJuPe
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote

Gothika is a snoozer.

I actually liked some parts of Gothika. Miranda's Theme is quite lovely and there are also some moderate action tracks like Final Escape and the beginning of the track Revelation.

Last weekend I visited the town Seinäjoki with Nardus-choir and I found The Number 23 CD by Harry Gregson-Williams from a Finnish department store Anttila. The CD was in discount, the normal price was 21,99 € and now the price was 3,99 €. The problem with the album is similar with Gothika, the music is boring and the album is too long. My favourite tracks are Atonement and Ned.
  2. Arrived today:

Diên Biên Phú - Georges Delerue
    Baby... Secret Of The Lost Legend - Jerry Goldsmith

Looking forward to hearing both of these later.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    My oh my Alan, you're in for an excellent experience with DIEN BIEN PHU, one of my Delerue favorites!
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    My oh my Alan, you're in for an excellent experience with DIEN BIEN PHU, one of my Delerue favorites!

I hope so as it cost me a pretty penny!! Bit I loved the clip from a previous clip game and have been looking for the opportunity to buy it since then. Now, where's The Last Metro?
  4. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I hope so as it cost me a pretty penny!! Bit I loved the clip from a previous clip game and have been looking for the opportunity to buy it since then. Now, where's The Last Metro?

I can rent that one in my local library for 25 cent, and I could have send you an upload of that sad
    But if you really wanted an original copy I can't blaim you for spending money on it wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah i have it as well and could send it but i guess Alan wanted the original smile
  5. Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah i have it as well and could send it but i guess Alan wanted the original smile

Then I hope it didn't cost too much for Alan wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  6. Thanks for the offers. I know that there is a way to get anything for free nowadays.

Call me one of the "old school", but it's nice to have the actual CD in the hand. There's minimal liner notes, etc and the central teeth of the case were broken...but it's nice to have!!

There's a lot of mediocre stuff that's around at the moment that's not worth the cost of the CD and shipping - which means that when these special titles come along then there's the opportunity to purchase.

But if anyone has The Last Metro they could let me have then... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thanks for the offers. I know that there is a way to get anything for free nowadays.

Call me one of the "old school", but it's nice to have the actual CD in the hand. There's minimal liner notes, etc and the central teeth of the case were broken...but it's nice to have!!

So do I. That's why I download stuff to see if it's worth spending money on. I'm on a student budget, can you blame me?
  7. Steven wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thanks for the offers. I know that there is a way to get anything for free nowadays.

So do I. That's why I download stuff to see if it's worth spending money on. I'm on a student budget, can you blame me?

Not at all! I wish that I was able to do this when I was a student. I just had to watch the movie to get an idea of how the score was.

I try to buy as many CDs as I can that I have as CD-Rs. I try to support the industry as much as I can.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjedizim
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I try to buy as many CDs as I can that I have as CD-Rs. I try to support the industry as much as I can.

I totally agree. I have quite a few CD-R's in my collection, but I am going through the process of replacing them with originals where ever and whenever I can. I am from the old school too...I love to have an actual CD in hand that I can look at and handle, and I can't bring myself to actually purchase MP3 files of a score.

But anyway, in my quest to replace CD-R's I got a couple off of Ebay...
    A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child - by Jay Ferguson
    Highway to Hollywood:Big Movie Hits Volume II - by Various Artists (Varese title from 94 I think)
    ---- Well, I wouldn't argue that it wasn't a no holds barred, adrenaline fueled thrill ride. But, there is no way you can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Still waiting for Intrada to e-mail me confirmation of my order for This Girl for Hire. Usually, they're very good about shipping my order the next business day, but I still haven't got an e-mail yet.

Guess that surplus of Baby orders took a lot out of them...
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2008 edited
    I've attempted to buy Transformers from somewhere else...I'm just waiting for the ''listed in error'' email to arrive. rolleyes biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I want the actual CD's too Alan and i wouldn't call you old-fashioned, at all. But damn i am on a student budget yet and the extra money i make all goes to video equipment currently so very little's left for my favorite music....damn and i am bored of all those smile !
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    I've attempted to buy Transformers from somewhere else...I'm just waiting for the ''listed in error'' email to arrive. rolleyes biggrin

And now:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for ordering with http://www.tower.com! We regret to inform you that Transformers: The Score has been listed in error. We are processing a refund. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,
    Tower Customer Service

No surprises there. rolleyes sad