• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Anthony wrote
    I've attempted to buy Transformers from somewhere else...I'm just waiting for the ''listed in error'' email to arrive. rolleyes biggrin

And now:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for ordering with http://www.tower.com! We regret to inform you that Transformers: The Score has been listed in error. We are processing a refund. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,
    Tower Customer Service

No surprises there. rolleyes sad

They should stuff "sincerely" up they're arses!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yup, but I knew their standard ''Oh shit, we don't have the item! Quick, send them a nice reply and they might forgive us!'' email was coming. rolleyes
  1. Steven wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thanks for the offers. I know that there is a way to get anything for free nowadays.

Call me one of the "old school", but it's nice to have the actual CD in the hand. There's minimal liner notes, etc and the central teeth of the case were broken...but it's nice to have!!

So do I. That's why I download stuff to see if it's worth spending money on. I'm on a student budget, can you blame me?

No we don't blame you, I guess it is the safest and best way nowadays to get the music you want. I do that too now, check to see if the music is interesting, and buy it when I feel it's worth it. Plus as many do it as well, I'm replacing CDR's with original scores. But only of those I think are worth it. It shocks me to discover that for instance an Independence Day isn't for sale anymore at Screen Archives / Intrada

Does somebody know another place (except Ebay)?

And just to clarify this, no I don't have a CDR of ID, my brother actually has the original CD shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    The Bastards of Proxis still have it. And probably Bol.com too.
    Kazoo
  2. I assume Steven that you thought that you managed to snap up a reasonably-priced copy?

This CD seems to have gone OOP but you can get it at Amazon.com for prices ranging from $77 (used) up to $130 (new)!! Or for between £48-£75.
    shocked

It seems that if you find what you think is a bargain then you're going to get the knock-back at some stage.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2008
    ...what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2008 edited
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    It shocks me to discover that for instance an Independence Day isn't for sale anymore at Screen Archives / Intrada

Does somebody know another place (except Ebay)?

And just to clarify this, no I don't have a CDR of ID, my brother actually has the original CD shame

Correction Thomas: I do not have the original ID4 CD. Not any more. DOUBLE shame

And I know you don't like eBay but where do you think you've got your 444 EUROS from??? HUH??? HUUUUUUHHHH??? crazy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. I meant that if you find Transformers at a reasonable price there's bound to be something go wrong with the purchase. Maybe the sellers of the reasonably priced CD suddenly find that they could sell it for a whole lot more than £10-15?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Um... again, what? I think you have me confused with someone else Alan! dizzy
  4. Steven wrote
    Um... again, what? I think you have me confused with someone else Alan! dizzy

Sorry Steven! shame

It's late. It's Anthony I should be speaking to in the last few posts I made.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    1. I want Transformers
    2. I want ID4 too!
    3. I do not want to pay £70 for them angry cry

My best and worst deals were both for rare Powell scores. £30 for Endurance, and £5 for Chicken Run! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Lisa Gerrard - The Silver Tree
    Der Schattenmann -with 17 minutes of Wolfgang Hammerschmid score
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Joep wrote

Why? rolleyes wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Joep wrote
    Der Schattenmann -with 17 minutes of Wolfgang Hammerschmid score

Wolfgang Hammerschmid.....what a great name! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Christodoulides wrote
    Why? rolleyes wink

Because I don't like her music and voice at all cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Joep wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Why? rolleyes wink

We could start a new thread...."If you didn't like music WHAT would your CD collection consist of?' cheesy wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    Joep wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Why? rolleyes wink

We could start a new thread...."If you didn't like music WHAT would your CD collection consist of?' cheesy wink

DVDs
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    La Jeune Fille et Les Loups - Armand Amar
    La Baronessa di Carini - Paolo Vivaldi

Yet to listen to them...

Very nice! I like the samples of these two on SAE. I got the Vivaldi but am yet to listen to it. The Armand Amar is too expensive from SAE. I"ll probably wait till I can order it from France.
    Did you give these two a listen? How are they?

I've bought too many scores in recent times and haven't listened to any of them sad
    At the rate of 1 score listened to in 2 weeks, I'm going to have a huge lag.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Joep wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Why? rolleyes wink

DVDs

biggrin

I thought maybe Comedy and the sounds of Steam Trains CD's.....oh, and everything Klaus Badelt has written wink
  5. BhelPuri wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    La Jeune Fille et Les Loups - Armand Amar
    La Baronessa di Carini - Paolo Vivaldi

Yet to listen to them...

Very nice! I like the samples of these two on SAE. I got the Vivaldi but am yet to listen to it. The Armand Amar is too expensive from SAE. I"ll probably wait till I can order it from France.
    Did you give these two a listen? How are they?

I've bought too many scores in recent times and haven't listened to any of them sad
    At the rate of 1 score listened to in 2 weeks, I'm going to have a huge lag.

Both are very enjoyable scores and I'm glad that I have them. This is my second Vivaldi score and I've been pleased with both this one and his previous score Exodus.

As far as the Amar score goes, though I haven't listened to it that often (no time) 10 of the 12 cues have made it on to my mp3 player as favourites.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjedizim
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2008
    Picked up The Claim by Michael Nyman off Ebay for a penny...must say it is one of the best blind buys I have made in a VERY long time. I had never heard of the movie before winning the CD, but I am really enjoying it very much.
    ---- Well, I wouldn't argue that it wasn't a no holds barred, adrenaline fueled thrill ride. But, there is no way you can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    jedizim wrote
    Picked up The Claim by Michael Nyman off Ebay for a penny...must say it is one of the best blind buys I have made in a VERY long time. I had never heard of the movie before winning the CD, but I am really enjoying it very much.

confused You won it or you paid a penny for it?

Either way thayt's a bargain and a half wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorjedizim
    My winning bid was 1 cent...with shipping I paid $3.01 for it. Yes, either way you look at it, it WAS a bargain and a half, especially since I am enjoying it so much!
    ---- Well, I wouldn't argue that it wasn't a no holds barred, adrenaline fueled thrill ride. But, there is no way you can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    jedizim wrote
    My winning bid was 1 cent...with shipping I paid $3.01 for it. Yes, either way you look at it, it WAS a bargain and a half, especially since I am enjoying it so much!

You can't put a price on enjoyment biggrin cool
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2008 edited
    Varese Sarabande 30th Anniversary thingy - I figure this will be the best way for me to discover a lot of scores I don't have, and for $18 I can't pass.

Speed Racer - Why would I not buy this? biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Varese Sarabande 30th Anniversary thingy - I figure this will be the best way for me to discover a lot of scores I don't have, and for $18 I can't pass.

Speed Racer - Why would I not buy this? biggrin

For $18 it's well worth it!

I could discover a few things from that set myself.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2008
    Does anyone know how Varese/Colosseum ship?

I ordered 4 CDs at once but they're all coming out at different times. As I did it as one order, the first item cost $7 to ship and the rest were only $2. Does this mean they will ship everything in one go (hence the reduced shipping on the other items) and I'll have to wait ages for stuff to arrive? Or will they just send stuff one at a time when it comes out? (I'm assuming the latter!) confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Depends on the shipping option you've chosen, I think?
    Doesn't Varese also offer (like Amazon and Play and some others) the option to either wait for the full order to be filled or for items to be shipped when they become available?
    Obviously the latter option generally is more expensive as far as postage goes.

Haven't checked the site, though.
    In my experience, they've always shipped everything together.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2008 edited
    I don't think I was even offered a choice. That's going to stuck. Nothing will arrive until mid-May now, even though that Varese boxset is out in a week! angry crazy

I mean I got Horton and Stop Loss together, but both of those came out on the same day...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    Does anyone know how Varese/Colosseum ship?

I ordered 4 CDs at once but they're all coming out at different times. As I did it as one order, the first item cost $7 to ship and the rest were only $2. Does this mean they will ship everything in one go (hence the reduced shipping on the other items) and I'll have to wait ages for stuff to arrive? Or will they just send stuff one at a time when it comes out? (I'm assuming the latter!) confused

All in one go... usually well in advance of the official release date, though.