• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorJuPe
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    That's a good haul ( I haven't heard 'Poika'? ) , Les Miserables being the cream there.....and I'm presuming it's the Poledouris score?

Actually I have no idea what version of Les Miserables this CD is from, because there is no information about the CDs in the website. So when I order from this website, it's always a mystery which CDs I am going to receive. I hope it's the one composed by Poledouris.
    'Poika ja ilves' is a Finnish children's movie, and the music is composed by Danish composer Søren Hyldgaard. There are a couple of clips from the score in this Youtube video.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2008
    Dirk ''master of melody'' Brossé' - Licht
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2008
    Joep wrote
    Dirk ''master of melody'' Brossé' - Licht

More info please? I am interested!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2008 edited
    Dirk Brossé is a Belgium composer, who scored some Belgium films and a Dutch one. He's also a conductor on WSA Awards and more. In the ''On The Record: Craig Armstrong'' cd booklet they refer to him as being better known as ''the master of melody'', which is complete bollux. No one calls him that!
    I 'sometimes' make fun of him... wink Belgiums can verify that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I used to know a man named Les. His surname was Miserables.

I got a good package today:

Heavy Metal
    Sleepwalkers
    The Life Before Her Eyes
    The Spiderwick Chronicles
    This Girl for Hire
    The Blue and the Grey
    Baby: SOTLL
    Comes a Horseman
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Good haul James, I'd like to know your view on The Life Before Her Eyes?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Just a few over the last few days:

Exte (Ekusute) - Tomoki Hasegawa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exte)
    Eye of The Devil - Gary McFarland
    Kiss of Death - Trevor Jones
    The Adventures of Grayfriar's Bobby - Mark Thomas
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    Ahhh!
    If only I had the funds....

The last I got was
    Atonement - Dario Marianelli

... wish I could get more more more!
    probably the next will be Kingdom of the Crystal Skull!
  2. Joep wrote
    In the ''On The Record: Craig Armstrong'' cd booklet they refer to him as being better known as ''the master of melody'', which is complete bollux. No one calls him that!
    I 'sometimes' make fun of him... wink Belgiums can verify that.

Sometimes? All the time yes biggrin
    But it's indeed bollux cheesy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2008
    BEOWULF - Alan Silvestri....3 quid.......bargain! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorJuPe
    I ordered Goldfinger by John Barry from the web. It should arrive on Friday or on Monday. I can't wait, I already have four Bond-soundtracks composed by Mr. Barry in my collection, but not this classic score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    BEOWULF - Alan Silvestri....3 quid.......bargain! cool

Awesome score!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    JuPe wrote
    I ordered Goldfinger by John Barry from the web. It should arrive on Friday or on Monday. I can't wait, I already have four Bond-soundtracks composed by Mr. Barry in my collection, but not this classic score.

^
    Now that's an awesome score! biggrin
  3. Arrived today:

It's Alive 2 - Bernard Herrmann

Laurie Johnson adapted the music Herrmann composed for the first It's Alive movie for this second movie of the series that was released 3 years after Herrmann's death.

Full of telltale Herrmann-isms, it's really unusual to hear his music mixed with some in-your-face synths.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2008
    *Hopefully* I just bought a copy of The Last Crusade for £17. biggrin

Can't afford Raiders or Temple though. £40+ !! shocked sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    *Hopefully* I just bought a copy of The Last Crusade for £17. biggrin

Can't afford Raiders or Temple though. £40+ !! shocked sad

I presume that's the expanded 'Raiders'?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yeah, it's the longer version that's out, so it's not the ''original'' release. Still, I'd rather have more music. biggrin I'm just after ''original'' copies of the score before we're flooded with re-releases. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Yeah, it's the longer version that's out, so it's not the ''original'' release. Still, I'd rather have more music. biggrin I'm just after ''original'' copies of the score before we're flooded with re-releases. smile

I'm sure the Silva release was still on sale up until two or three years ago?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I just bought Crusade, not Raiders, so I don't know! tongue biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    I just bought Crusade, not Raiders, so I don't know! tongue biggrin

I have a feeling you should have waited?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I don't. I want to try and get the old copies of it before everywhere is selling re-releases.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    I don't. I want to try and get the old copies of it before everywhere is selling re-releases.

Fair do! smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'll buy re-releases if I have to, and I'll get them anyway if they get remastered or anything, but for now I'm after the CDs that are older than I am! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorjedizim
    Lets see...I have picked up a few over the past week or two...

Iron Man by Ramin Djawadi
    Buck Rogers in the 25th Century by Stu Phillips
    Raven by Christopher Franke
    Bandidas by Eric Serra
    Meet the Parents by Randy Newman
    Dinotopia by Trevor Jones
    League of Extraordinary Gentlemen by Trevor Jones
    From Hell by Trevor Jones

All over the place...
    ---- Well, I wouldn't argue that it wasn't a no holds barred, adrenaline fueled thrill ride. But, there is no way you can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    jedizim wrote
    Dinotopia by Trevor Jones
    League of Extraordinary Gentlemen by Trevor Jones
    From Hell by Trevor Jones

Three very fine Trevor Jones scores there!

punk
  4. just purchased myself the following (they need to be shipped though)

- Lost Season 3 needs no introduction wink
    - Wargames by Arthur Rubinstein. Haven't seen the film but good things have been said of the score, so I am curious about this one.
    - V for Vendetta by Dario Marianelli. I haven't got a Marianelli yet and I need one to have him sign the cover biggrin So I picked one of his best tongue

Next on the list is Indiana Jones 4; but that's another story wink
  5. Tommy_Boy wrote
    - Wargames by Arthur Rubinstein. Haven't seen the film but good things have been said of the score, so I am curious about this one.

I'm waiting on these too, Thomas. And I've not seen the film nor heard any clips but the good comments (especially Erik's enthusiasm) have got me wondering about this one.

Waiting for Sudden Impact and The Nightcomers. I'm always giving Jerry Fielding a chance!!
  6. RO: Cherry 2000/No Man's Land - Basil Poledouris
  7. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote

I'm waiting on these too, Thomas. And I've not seen the film nor heard any clips but the good comments (especially Erik's enthusiasm) have got me wondering about this one.

Waiting for Sudden Impact and The Nightcomers. I'm always giving Jerry Fielding a chance!!

Well I only heard and loved moments in Rubinstein's Blue Thunder, would have been a great score if it ever received an orchestral version instead of a synthesised one

So here's hoping for that chance wink
  8. Antineutrino wrote
    RO: Cherry 2000/No Man's Land - Basil Poledouris

Hey I have Cherry 2000, it isn't bad at all smile