• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2007
    I bought Medal Of Honor Underground, but it still hasn't arrived! slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2007
    It seems like I have some stuff awaiting arrival but I did get my review copies of Mysterious Island ( sad ) which I haven't listened to yet, and Fahrenheit 451 ( cheesy ) which I have. I have a review copy of the new Korngold material from FSM coming and I purchased two of the Varese Sarabande Young and Herrmann for review. I also have Foyle's War coming from Alan. I bought series two for Donna for a present as Borders had a 40% off coupon on a set.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  1. sdtom wrote
    ...Mysterious Island ( sad ) which I haven't listened to yet, and Fahrenheit 451 ( cheesy ) which I have...

I've had a listen to Mysterious Island and it's a great CD. So much great extra music. I hadn't realised just how often the themes from the prelude are used throughout the score. I've just made a start to Fahrenheit 451 and I'm waiting for North By Northwest to ship.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    Alan, deeply interested in your thoughts...I KNOW WHO KILLED ME.

I realise now why you said to give the McNeely CD time - it's a very difficult listen first time 'round!

There's quite a few interesting musical effects and the vocals in track 10, "Going Home", is quite a shock after what went before it!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2007 edited
    Bought today (along with my 5-disc Ultimate Edition of Blade Runner punk )

Youth Without Youth - Osvaldo Golijov

cool
  3. BobdH wrote

cool

The 5-DVD Blade Runner set is one of my Christmas gifts. I've so far resisted buying this movie in any form so far, so I haven't had to "double dip". I also have the 3-CD set on pre-order and am looking forward to this arriving also (at least the first 2 CDs). I do have a 2-CD bootleg version of this score but I think that it's just a DVD rip as there are some (a lot?) of tracks that feature SFX.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2007 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    The 5-DVD Blade Runner set is one of my Christmas gifts.

Oh, you'll love it. It's a beauty! cool

There are a lot of DVD-rips from the score out there, but some bootlegs aren't. I believe there are even bootlegs with a layer of FX which isn't from the DVD, but just because the FX channel was included for promotional use, or something, just like a certain bootleg version of The Rock. But each of those bootlegs has its own shortcomings, be it in sound qaulity, hiss or something else, so I never got them. Needless to say I also got the 3-disc soundtrack on order punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2007
    BobdH wrote

cool

Bob! I was looking for info on that one for SO long! Fill me in with the details smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2007 edited
    Blade Runner 5 DVD and 3 CD version? shocked
    And here I was thinking Jackson and Lucas were milking their franchises... Gee, it's just cyberpunk, folks! Why this film (and its music!) has the cult following it has will always escape me, I guess. I always looked on the film as an amusing relic of a bygone era, but not much more interesting than, say, The Goonies (and that had a better score!)...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2007
    Alien (2cd Deluxe)

I'd love to rant about this wonderful deluxe version but I can't as yet because I'm still waiting for it!
    The downside of living in Australia. You have to wait twice as long to recieve an order in the post!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2007
    Return of the King 4 CD complete recordings. I've been waiting for this one since 2003!!
  4. Atham wrote
    Alien (2cd Deluxe)

I'd love to rant about this wonderful deluxe version but I can't as yet because I'm still waiting for it!
    The downside of living in Australia. You have to wait twice as long to recieve an order in the post!

Did your copy ship before they ran out? I think that the second pressing is due for shipping around now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2007
    I did'nt know they ran out! That might explain the wait.
    Just wish Buysoundtrax would let me know if there's a hold up.
  5. Atham wrote
    I did'nt know they ran out! That might explain the wait.
    Just wish Buysoundtrax would let me know if there's a hold up.

Although I didn't buy Alien from them I have bought things from them in the past - hence I am on their mailing list. I received an e-mail in the last day or two advising of the delay. They also now mention it in their site.
  6. BobdH wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

I had a chance to take a look at what you get for your money in the 5-DVD Blade Runner tin - and it's quite a package. The tin could be used as a cool lunch box and inside (as well as the 5 discs) there's a 16-page booklet, some concept art postcards, a gimmicky acetate "letter from Ridley Scott" and a lenticular film movie clip (encased in clear plastic). lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2007
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    BobdH wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

I had a chance to take a look at what you get for your money in the 5-DVD Blade Runner tin - and it's quite a package. The tin could be used as a cool lunch box and inside (as well as the 5 discs) there's a 16-page booklet, some concept art postcards, a gimmicky acetate "letter from Ridley Scott" and a lenticular film movie clip (encased in clear plastic). lick

Oh, yeah cool Although the '16 page booklet' is nothing more than a description of what's on the discs - a disc-by-disc summary of what each contains, it doesn't contain any productional information. And the concept art cards aren't postcards - they are shiny, euh... cards (for lack of a better word?) kept together in a BR-map. It's really cool smile
  7. I went to spain and bought myself 2 Spanish scores, always nice to completley go for the unexpected

- Intacto music by Lucio Godoy
    - El Orfanato music by Fernando Velàzquez

be sure to expect the reviews when Bregt finally reveals his review page to us biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    You went to Spain? confused
    Kazoo
  8. Well, not by foot I guess! biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  9. oh cool, nobody new I was gone biggrin

Indeed, Barcelona, a couple of days
    didn't you realize that when I wasn't coming online? tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Cool!

A city trip?

You're rarely online on MSN though. wink

And you could have met Jordi!
    He livesin Barcelona.
    Kazoo
  10. Bregt wrote
    Cool!

A city trip?

You're rarely online on MSN though. wink

And you could have met Jordi!
    He livesin Barcelona.

oh, he does?
    well, next time eh biggrin
  11. Tommy_Boy wrote
    I went to spain and bought myself 2 Spanish scores, always nice to completley go for the unexpected

be sure to expect the reviews when Bregt finally reveals his review page to us biggrin

You went to Spain? And I've been looking for some Spanish CDs!!

I'd be interested to hear what you think of Godoy's Intacto - the weird sliding motif of the main titles is something I've not really heard anywhere else. It's a score that has a bit too much ambient soundscapes to be a regular listen.

Arrived today:

North By Northwest - Bernard Herrmann (McNeely re-recording)
    George and The Dragon - Gast Waltzing
  12. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    I went to spain and bought myself 2 Spanish scores, always nice to completley go for the unexpected

You went to Spain? And I've been looking for some Spanish CDs!!

I'd be interested to hear what you think of Godoy's Intacto - the weird sliding motif of the main titles is something I've not really heard anywhere else. It's a score that has a bit too much ambient soundscapes to be a regular listen.

Arrived today:

North By Northwest - Bernard Herrmann (McNeely re-recording)
    George and The Dragon - Gast Waltzing

Well I've yet to hear Intacto, I'll keep you posted but El Orfranato is a real pleasure, review standing ready as we speak wink

Ps, You'll like George and the Dragon, review standing ready too smile
    Now if only Bregt can give us some review space biggrin
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2007
    Bought recently:

As You Like It (Patrick Doyle)
    Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (Brian Tyler)
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2007
    Jan A.P. Kaczmarek - Lost Souls
    Cees Slings ( I think) - Medisch Centrum West
    The Bone Collector dvd with isolated Craig Armstrong score
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You're gonna love Lost Souls and Bone Collector! First time listens?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Absolutely not. The Bone Collector was the second Armstrong I bought in 1999 and turned me in into a great follower of his works. Of course I had the isolated score as a rip, but didn't have it on dvd. Though I watched the film a 10 times just for the score withb all other sounds.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2007 edited
    Came in today:
    ALIEN (2CD) - Jerry Goldsmith (love the extensive liner notes in the booklet! punk )

And I bought:
    EASTERN PROMISES - Howard Shore
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I special ordered and just picked up a (22) CD set of the works of Stravinsky from Borders for $24.50+ tax.
    listen to more classical music!