• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Just managed to get an LP of Raiders for £3! This isn't getting played, but framed! I love my sneakey eBay tactics of not ''watching'' and item, letting another poor fool bid way before me and then shoving on 50p in the last 10 seconds. Mwahaha! devil

( biggrin )

Yeah, that was me. angry angry angry angry angry
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Really? shocked biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    Really? shocked biggrin

Yes. slant

I'm indy175, you're antzstuff. Bastard.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    5 days! I want it now! angry
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Hehe, do you want to buy my copy? tongue

Seriously though, what luck! Have you been trying to get it for a while now?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjedizim
    I think I still have my original LP copy of Raiders somewhere in my basement...I know I still have my Star Wars, Empire, Moonraker, and Black Hole records...

Picked up at Best Buy at lunch: The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian by Harry Gregson-Williams...
    ---- Well, I wouldn't argue that it wasn't a no holds barred, adrenaline fueled thrill ride. But, there is no way you can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Joep wrote

Eduard Artemyev - Urga (second copy)

Joep, I assume it's the same guy who wrote "The Barber of Siberia"? And how's this score in comparison?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Yups. I'm not yet familiar with The Barber score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I haven't heard any other Artemyev scores except BARBER but from what i hear, it's nothing like those other works of his. It's grand, symphonic and lyrical, with constant melodic bursts and heavily dramatic. Nothing like Urga i guess?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2008 edited
    Very different. Blizhnij Krug or Utomlyonnye Solntsem are more like that.

New today:
    Anne Dudley - Zwartboek (second copy)
    Dario Marianelli - The Brothers Grimm
    Beethoven/Antoni Lazarkiewicz - Copying Beethoven
    Musique & Cinéma du Monde: Africa
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2008
    Joep wrote
    (second copy)

shocked

Joep, I don't GET it!
    EVEN if they're cheap, these extra copies are still completely redundant: you're never going to actually DO anything with them, except maybe sell them on...but it's not like these are scores which are in great demand, so you won't even make a profit, but will expend a lot of effort!

Can you explain what that mechanism is that (seemingly) drives you to simply throw money away, 'cause I honestly don't understand it!

confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Call me crazy, but I've got an urge to have extra copies of Dutch scores. The Non-Dutchies are divived amongst a small group of filmmusicfans who either we're looking for a specific score or just for a cheap cd.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    But why? Surely if they're cheap you won't be able to sell them on for much, so why have extra copies? dizzy smile

Edit: Or is it so you can sell them on cheaply too? cool
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Yups. Only when I can't find someone for a score, I might sell it for more on auction places.
  1. RO: Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events - Thomas Newman
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Antineutrino wrote
    RO: Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events - Thomas Newman

When it arrives, please let me know if yours has weird variations in the volume.
  2. Anthony wrote
    Antineutrino wrote

When it arrives, please let me know if yours has weird variations in the volume.

Does yours have volume problems? confused
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Antineutrino wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Antineutrino wrote

Does yours have volume problems? confused

It's just got strange editing - whenever the orchestra is playing it's ok, but as soon as the orchestra briefly pauses, or dies away a bit, the volume changes dramatically. It's odd. You'll hear what I mean if your copy has it too. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    I'm just going to ignore all the criticism (YADDAYADDAYADDACANTHEARYOUYADDAYADDAYADDA) and be really excited over the news that my copy of Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull will arrive tomorrow on our doorstep! Woohoo! It'll be the longest workday ever! (euh... hold on... that last part doesn't sound too exciting slant ).
  3. Anthony wrote
    But why? Surely if they're cheap you won't be able to sell them on for much, so why have extra copies? dizzy smile

Edit: Or is it so you can sell them on cheaply too? cool

no no, it all has to do with prizes. You see Bregt is gonna bring back his quizes in the future, and anyone who participates and wins will receive soundtracks as prizes. Now how would you feel if you received an extremely cheap Dutch score? Estatic right? biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2008
    Ah-HAAAAA!
    Excellent!
    Thanks Thomas, for volunteering Joep's Cds! Much appreciated!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2008
    Thomas, stubborn Dutchmen never donate cheap scores rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2008 edited
    My Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull copy arrived! Woohoo!! And I booked my seats for opening night this thursday! Double yay! Woohoo!! beer punk
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2008
    Theo Nijland - Op Afbetaling (second copy)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Joep wrote
    Theo Nijland - Op Afbetaling (second copy)

Sure it wasn't THAT expensive...
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    1,95 euro.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    BobdH wrote
    My Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull copy arrived! Woohoo!! And I booked my seats for opening night this thursday! Double yay! Woohoo!! beer punk

Congrats! My copy might arrive today, but I'm keeping it wrapped until Saturday!! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Joep wrote
    1,95 euro.

rolleyes

It was a JOKE!
    "Afbetaling"*) ... "expensive"

*sigh*

( *) Op afbetaling would translate as "on credit" or "on hp" )
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    My copy of Indy 4 arrived and the artwork is fantastic, certainly a top contender for one of the year's best!

Going to see it on Friday.. with my Indy hat of course.