• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2008
    What is wrong with everyone?

Where's your materialistic side?? shocked
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    No offence mate, but do we really need to know about all those 2nd and 3rd purchases?

It are purchases wink But still it's a bit useful. These last few months I've had a few questions from forum visitors about a certain cd I bought a second copy to. In fact, I made someone very happy with a copy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2008
    Althazan wrote
    Arrived today/yesterday:
    Georges Delerue - Interlude / Rapture
    Craig Armstrong - Love Actually FYC
    Jerry Goldsmith - Contract On Cherry Street
    Jerry Goldsmith - The Sand Pebbles deluxe
    Alan Silvestri - Beowulf

Wow, just wanted to say hi! You might not know that you're my ebay hero for outbidding roseveranda sometime back. I used to get frustrated at losing every friggin' Delerue auction to roseveranda (who's clearly buying multiple copies). It was such a pleasure to see him get outbid. smile
    Thus endeth my random comment of the day.
  1. Tommy_Boy wrote
    lp wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Arrived today:

WarGames - Arthur B. Rubenstein*

*I really need to listen to the clips more fully before buying CDs!! Not one of my better purchases!

Likewise. I have it purely for for nostalgia. It's substandard at best, IMO.

I hope it's better than what you say here, I purchased it merely on several recommendations here confused

So did I.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Finally arrived smile

Armand Amar:
    Le Premier Cri
    La Piste
    Va, Vis et Deviens
    Vu du Ciel
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ^ shocked punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAlthazan
    BhelPuri wrote
    Wow, just wanted to say hi! You might not know that you're my ebay hero for outbidding roseveranda sometime back. I used to get frustrated at losing every friggin' Delerue auction to roseveranda (who's clearly buying multiple copies). It was such a pleasure to see him get outbid. smile
    Thus endeth my random comment of the day.

Hello to you also cheesy
    It looks like roseveranda is a kind of second-hand music shop with rare titles in Japan maybe? I was wondering what for is he buying so many copies of rare soundtracks... And sometimes I'm loosing, but sometimes not... I'm very happy for that, trust me! spin

Thanks for friendly words,
    Best regards,
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2008
    Don Davis - JP3
    Pino Donaggio - Seed of Chucky
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2008
    Joep wrote
    Pino Donaggio - Seed of Chucky

smile Yay! It's a decent score isn't it? Some of the lush, melodic cues (Our Jennifer, Ordinary dolls) make for a nice surprise.
    Too bad that LaLaLand's Pino cds haven't sold well. They posted sometime back in FSM that the poor response meant that they were unlikely to produce any Pino projects for now. sad

BTW have you listened to his score for Il Grande Torino?
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2008
    I see Seed of Chucky it a bit as an ode to his own works for (giallo) horrorscores. I haven't heard Il Grande Torino yet. My current favorite Dinaggio scores would be Il Carniere, La Monaca Di Monza and Carrie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2008
    Joep wrote
    I see Seed of Chucky it a bit as an ode to his own works for (giallo) horrorscores. I haven't heard Il Grande Torino yet. My current favorite Dinaggio scores would be Il Carniere, La Monaca Di Monza and Carrie.

Yeah, Chucky is his return to the horror genre but he keeps doing some of these every now and then. Was there a full release for Il Carniere? I only have it on a compilation.
    La Monaca Di Monza is splendid! Pino's version of Omen punk
    Do check out Il Grande Torino if you get a chance. It is Pino on full melodic mode. Wistful and gorgeous. Other favorites of mine are Blow Out, Carrie, Il Mio West...
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    There's no full release. I've got a compliation that includes 7 cues from Il Carniere, while others only 5.

If you think La Monacas Di Monza is Pino's version of The Omen, wait till you hear Catacombs (Curse IV: The Ultimate Sacrifice)! It's better than The Omen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Just pre-ordered:

The Happening - James Newton Howard
    The Dark Knight - Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard
    Wall-E - Thomas Newman

smile
  2. BhelPuri wrote
    Do check out Il Grande Torino if you get a chance. It is Pino on full melodic mode.

Agreed! There's some beautiful music contained on this CD - a nice change sometimes from scores such as Carrie, The Howling, Piranha, etc.

I'd also recommend Antonio Guerriero di Dio.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2008 edited
    I found a little time in between work at a congress in Rotterdam today to walk into the city, and bought a few cheap scores:

David Arnold - Independence Day
    John Frizzel & Randy Edelman - Gods & Generals

Especially curious for the latter, after people raving about it in the Edelman thread as an overlooked gem?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2008
    Mostly Frizzel's score, and yeah, tis a gem indeed. It took a little while and I was far from convinced on my first listen, but ultimately I fell in love with it, got married and had kids with this score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Mostly Frizzel's score, and yeah, tis a gem indeed. It took a little while and I was far from convinced on my first listen, but ultimately I fell in love with it, got married and had kids with this score.

shocked biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. RO: Eastern Promises - Howard Shore
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    BobdH wrote
    I found a little time in between work at a congress in Rotterdam today to walk into the city, and bought a few cheap scores:

Yes, this sounds familiar!
  4. Joep wrote
    BobdH wrote

Yes, this sounds familiar!

impossible, if you ever find another copy of Independence Day, you must buy it for me, I can't order it anymore online. This is adressed to Joep and to Bob, so may the force be with you biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2008
    I'll keep my eyes open. Usually when I do see a copy it's around 5 euros.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    My Amazon order for KOTCS soundtrack from weeks & weeks back still has'nt arrived!

I still know every note backwards though! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorjedizim
    Picked up last night, but haven't had a chance to listen to them yet:

Elizabeth the Golden Age by Craig Armstrong and Ar Rahman
    A Walk in The Clouds by Maurice Jarre
    Nixon by John Williams
    ---- Well, I wouldn't argue that it wasn't a no holds barred, adrenaline fueled thrill ride. But, there is no way you can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    After a little drought, I received some new ones this week:

Under Fire Jerry Goldsmith The new FSM edition. Excellent job on the liner notes and this is still one of my top 3 by Goldsmith

John Adams Rob Lane and Joseph Vitarelli
    Since I like Trevor Jones The Last of the Mohicans and Americana soundings (fiddles and whistles), this is a score I enjoy very much. Very melodic.

Colditz Richard Harvey
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Hi Martin! wave
    Kazoo
  5. wave
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    wave
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    wave
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    wave
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Atham wrote
    My Amazon order for KOTCS soundtrack from weeks & weeks back still has'nt arrived!

I still know every note backwards though! wink

That's a bit crap! It's already in shops, I saw it today for £10.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt