• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2008
    Just bought the National Treasure: Book of Secrets soundtrack! smile
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2008
    Pino Donaggio - Palermo Milano Solo Andata
    •  
      CommentAuthorzirael
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2008
    I was very happy to receive The Orphanage by Fernando Velazquez. The Reunion y final track is one of the best of the year, especially in the context of the film, which I loved. It was also nice to hear such a beautiful end credits piece to let the film sink in.

Picked up Prince Caspian and The Happening. Have to save up money for Wall-E, Dark Knight, and Mongol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2008
    zirael wrote
    I was very happy to receive The Orphanage by Fernando Velazquez. The Reunion y final track is one of the best of the year, especially in the context of the film, which I loved. It was also nice to hear such a beautiful end credits piece to let the film sink in.

Couldn't agree more! Aren't the four last tracks spectacular? How did you like the movie?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. zirael wrote

Picked up Prince Caspian and The Happening. Have to save up money for Wall-E, Dark Knight, and Mongol.

just to be curious, you bought the piece because you saw the movie, you were curious or for some reason I did something right as a reviewer? tongue
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorzirael
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Couldn't agree more! Aren't the four last tracks spectacular? How did you like the movie?

Yes, I thought the last four tracks of The Orphanage were wonderful reprises of the main theme. I really enjoyed the film because it was like the filmmakers' tribute to loved ones long gone and a commentary on how people grieve and look for otherworldly signs that may or may not be there. I was very impressed with the story's construction and all the small clues, similar to the Sixth Sense, where the audience follows Laura's obsessive journey with the blinders on until she finds her lost child. It also brought up questions for me about how maternal love is viewed in other countries since it seemed so powerful in the film.

Tommy_Boy wrote
    just to be curious, you bought the piece because you saw the movie, you were curious or for some reason I did something right as a reviewer? tongue

I was interested in the positive reviews for the film and actress so I decided to see the film. The deciding factor for me to buy the CD was being emotionally moved by the film and score, since I got a little teary-eyed during the reunion scene. I usually make up my own mind whether to buy a score after I see the film. I did see your positive review but I don't think that alone would have convinced me to order the CD from Spain - expensive but so worth it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2008 edited
    Just bought Star Trek: Generations by Dennis McCarthy and WALL•E by Thomas Newman off iTunes. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorShane D
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2008
    I'm looking forward to hearing The Orphanage a lot now.. It sounds great..."similar to the Sixth Sense"!! and yep, I'll definitely be getting Wall•E

I just bought..
    Jumper - John powell
    I couldnt remember the music from when I saw the film but I bought it on a whim hoping it would be similar to Mr and Mrs Smith.. But it doesn't quite live up to it I think.. the theme at the beginning is fun though-It almost sounds like it could be used in a futuristic Western.
    Also..
    Love in the time of Cholera - Antonio Pinto
    I haven't been able to stop listeneing to this one.. It's so good!
  2. TheTelmarine wrote
    Just bought Star Trek: Generations by Dennis McCarthy and WALL•E by Thomas Newman off iTunes. smile

While I think Generations has some great moments, it is the least interesting score of all the Star Trek scores, at least to my feeling
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2008
    Shane D wrote
    Also..
    Love in the time of Cholera - Antonio Pinto
    I haven't been able to stop listeneing to this one.. It's so good!

It is, very good stuff!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2008 edited
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

While I think Generations has some great moments, it is the least interesting score of all the Star Trek scores, at least to my feeling

It's the only Star Trek score I currently own, though I soon intend to get the scores to First Contact, Insurrection, and The Wrath of Khan.
  3. TheTelmarine wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

It's the only Star Trek score I currently own, though I soon intend to get the scores to First Contact, Insurrection, and The Wrath of Khan.

You'll soon find out that Wrath of Khan and First Contact are better albums, while Insurrection holds a very nice theme.

But don't forget The Search for Spock, holding perhaps one of the ultimate pinnacle tracks of the entire Star Strek collection, and The Motion Picture: the best Trek album as a whole
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2008
    Andre Hossein - J'ai tué Raspoutine
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2008 edited
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

You'll soon find out that Wrath of Khan and First Contact are better albums, while Insurrection holds a very nice theme.

But don't forget The Search for Spock, holding perhaps one of the ultimate pinnacle tracks of the entire Star Strek collection, and The Motion Picture: the best Trek album as a whole

Thanks for the suggestions, Tommy_Boy! I really want to get the Star Trek: First Contact soundtrack soon. I loved that music when I heard it used in the film.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

Thanks for the suggestions, Tommy_Boy! I really want to get the Star Trek: First Contact soundtrack soon. I loved that music when I heard it used in the film.

The problem with the OST First Contact is that it's missing some of the best cues from the film slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Timmer wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

The problem with the OST First Contact is that it's missing some of the best cues from the film slant

Oh... slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    There is uhhhh..."ahem" a high quality b**t doing the rounds! wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Timmer wrote

Having a nice score collection does require having quite some (or more cheesy ) of these! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Timmer wrote

Ah, OK. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    DemonStar wrote
    Timmer wrote

Having a nice score collection does require having quite some (or more cheesy ) of these! wink

I suppose it would. wink
  4. Timmer wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

which one would that be Timmer?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Timmer wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

which one would that be Timmer?

I don't know the track list ( I lost it rolleyes slant ) but one particular piece missing from the OST is the excellent music for the 'Flight of The Pheonix' sequence.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Joel Goldsmith's 'The Starship Chase' I believe. Awesome.

Also, how did you lose the track listing? Do you still have the files?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2008
    Steven wrote
    Joel Goldsmith's 'The Starship Chase' I believe. Awesome.

Also, how did you lose the track listing? Do you still have the files?

My bad!

Yeap, they're still here! smile
  5. My picks for this week, in alphabetical order...

Empire of the Sun - John Williams
    The Happening - James Newton Howard
    Oliver Twist - Rachel Portman
    Robocop - Basil Poledouris
    Some Who Lived (Algunos Que Vivieron) - Daniel Tarrab, Andres Goldstein
    •  
      CommentAuthorShane D
    The Grey Pilgrim wrote
    My picks for this week, in alphabetical order...

Empire of the Sun - John Williams

GREAT pick! - one of my favorite Williams scores. I love 'Jims New life' and the main thee of course "cadillac of the skies'
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    The Grey Pilgrim wrote

Interesting. Is that a new score of them? Let us know how it is. smile
    Kazoo
  6. Bregt wrote
    The Grey Pilgrim wrote

Interesting. Is that a new score of them? Let us know how it is. smile

Click here.">Click here.

First, to answer your question, no, this is not new album (although I haven't heard of it before). I just found this one on the shelf in the record store.

This recordings is for 2003 documentary testimonies of the holocaust survivors. The film was produced by the Survivors of the Shoah foundation established by Steven Spielberg. (Indeed, the main reason I picked this up is because of his little blurb at the back of the case. tongue )

Now you may be able to guess already what the music would sound like...

Yes, the music does sound like the extension of Shindler's List. The album even sports new arrangements of the same song used in that film (Oyf'n Pripetchok). However, the music itself is too good to just dismiss it as derivative. Although it constantly remind me of that film, it is very moving on its own.

Bottom line: I like it. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    biggrin

Thanks!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2008
    zirael wroteThe deciding factor for me to buy the CD was being emotionally moved by the film and score, since I got a little teary-eyed during the reunion scene. I usually make up my own mind whether to buy a score after I see the film. I did see your positive review but I don't think that alone would have convinced me to order the CD from Spain - expensive but so worth it!

As for The Orphanage, where (which site) do you recommend getting the cd from and what's a good price?

My recent purchases have been-
    James Newton Howard - The Happening (not easy to listen to on a flight. Will come back to it later)
    Armand Amar - Moving Music
    Armand Amar - Paroles D'Anges
    Armand Amar & Levon Minassian - Songs from a World Apart