• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Bought/ordered this week:

Harry and the Hendersons - Bruce Broughton
    La Tenda Rossa - Ennio Morricone
  2. I just ordered The Dark Knight from amazon. A lot of things I´ve heard convinced me I want the real thing.
  3. BhelPuri wrote
    As for The Orphanage, where (which site) do you recommend getting the cd from and what's a good price?

I'm not sure if this is the best price, and I've not heard anything bad about the seller but here's somewhere:

http://www.soundtrackcorner.de/Orfanato-El-/p2550/.htm
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. FalkirkBairn wrote
    BhelPuri wrote
    As for The Orphanage, where (which site) do you recommend getting the cd from and what's a good price?

I'm not sure if this is the best price, and I've not heard anything bad about the seller but here's somewhere:

I've purchased many score there. He is a very reliable seller.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2008
    You can try here too:
    http://www.fnac.es/dsp/?servlet=extende … dID=677423

I dunno about shipping costs, but the price is really nice.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2008
    Just got Michael Giacchino's The Incredibles off iTunes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2008
    ... And I just got Michael Giacchino's Ratatouille, too! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    TheTelmarine wrote

That's a much better score than Incredibles IMO! wink Though both of them are must-have's in the collection!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    DemonStar wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

That's a much better score than Incredibles IMO! wink Though both of them are must-have's in the collection!

But The Incredibles is much more exciting.

Good purchases, Demon! cool beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2008 edited
    Depends on one's mood i guess. I find both scores to be technically perfect and equal but of different colors and moods.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I just paid £16 for a copy of The Lost World by Williams. Let's hope it's as good as the first JP score, and better than the third!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Anthony wrote
    Let's hope it's as good as the first JP score,

Hmm... It's very different wink

Anthony wrote
    and better than the third!

Oh, it most definitely is!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    I just paid £16 for a copy of The Lost World by Williams. Let's hope it's as good as the first JP score, and better than the third!

It's Williams' King Kong, that's the best way to think of it. Quite a different beast to the first score.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    Anthony wrote

It's Williams' King Kong, that's the best way to think of it. Quite a different beast to the first score.

The first one was just trying to be "epic" all the time, repeating the main theme over and over again. What I'm hoping for is more suspense music and Williams just going nuts with the woodwinds and timpani. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote
    Anthony wrote

The first one was just trying to be "epic" all the time, repeating the main theme over and over again.

You say that as though it's a bad thing?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote
    Anthony wrote

The first one was just trying to be "epic" all the time, repeating the main theme over and over again.

You say that as though it's a bad thing?

Yup. As good as the main theme was, there was hardly any bombastic action music on the CD - just that theme over and over again. sad
  5. Antineutrino wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    BhelPuri wrote

I've purchased many score there. He is a very reliable seller.

Good news! There's some good titles here and I may use him in the future.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    My recent discovery of a cheap Dutch webshop has led me into buying two great classical cd's by Wojciech Kilar; Piano Concerto and Angelus / Exodus / Krzesany. I had wanted them for a long time and the only place were they were sometimes offered for a few euros was on the German ebay. But this was in fact about the same price.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Anthony wrote

You mean TheTelmarine? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Anthony wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

But The Incredibles is much more exciting.

I agree with Anthony; Ratatouille is good, but I love the action-packed cues of The Incredibles.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    I think The Incredibles as well as Ratatouille are rather dull scores. I guess I don't like happy, tongue in cheeck scores anymore rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Joep wrote
    I think The Incredibles as well as Ratatouille are rather dull scores. I guess I don't like happy, tongue in cheeck scores anymore rolleyes

No, you have to make scores up to match your requirements! biggrin

Dull scores. Honestly, some people's opinions never cease to amaze me.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Anthony wrote

You mean TheTelmarine? wink

Oh yeah. biggrin

But still well done to Demon for having them too. wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Joep wrote

No, you just don't have a soul. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Is he a Ginger?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Is he a Ginger?

A what??
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorzirael
    BhelPuri wrote

I got it from Zona de Compras and also sharp_spear on Ebay sells it sometimes.

http://www.zonadecompras.com/producto.a … F76D7C67D}
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Is he a Ginger?

A what??

A daywalker! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2008
    Whatever...

Just bought;

Jeff Rona/Lisa Gerrard - A Thousand Roads
    Martin Todsharow - Männer wie wir
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2008
    Thanks Alan, Anti, Marselus and zirael for the links to the Orphanage score. I'll get it from either FNAC (if I can figure out the shipping costs) or Zona de Compras. I'm going to watch the movie tonight so I'll know what to expect.