• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2008
    Dunno why but I have a feeling that most well known scores by maestro Williams are gonna receive expanded releases in the future... lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2008 edited
    Southall wrote
    Naaaah. You can have too much of a good thing...

But is that what Garak would say?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    Dunno why but I have a feeling that most well known scores by maestro Williams are gonna receive expanded releases in the future... lick

I would have thought so? Particularly the Indiana Jones scores.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote

Garak LOVES John Williams but I think he has excellent taste when it comes to album length.

Given that FSM's Superman set sold out, I think it's pretty much a given that there's a lot of money to be made from even the smallest expansion of Williams scores, so I'm sure we'll be seeing some of them coming around. Not sure which ones I think are necessary though, I will have to give it some thought.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Temple of Doom and Last Crusade are ones that immediately spring to mind. But as you say, I'm not sure which ones are necessary? His albums tend to be very well produced, even if I'm not a fan of the way he shuffles the order of the tracks to make a "better" listening experience.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    The first and third Harry Potter scores could also do with an expanded release IMO. There's plenty of good material missing from both.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Definitely the third. lick
  1. The Temple of Doom is easily as superior as Raiders of the Lost Ark, the wealth of expanded material that is unreleased from the original gives it a notch up in quality, this is not filler music that is missing, but actual stunning music where some of his most brilliant choral music is missing, trust me on this, I know what I'm talking about wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I know what you're talking about too, bloody awesome score!
  2. Steven wrote
    I know what you're talking about too, bloody awesome score!

Steven, you're unbanned mate from now on wink
  3. Ah, it seems we have some early release here in Thailand after all; since, I've got these...

The X-Files: I Want To Believe - Mark Snow biggrin
    Wall-E - Thomas Newman cool

I only listen to a bit of The X-Files, but it has some nice moments, particularly 'Crossroads' moment in track 3: 'The Trip to DC.' The 'Theme', however, is notably absent from the start.

Another notable fact is that Wall-E release here comes in jewel case, not digipak. beer

UPDATE: Finished The X-Files. The music is nice, but except for a few moment, it didn't really grab me that much. The first movie didn't really grab me either, so I suppose I am not 'dig' to this 'X-Files' sound. biggrin It essentially has the same feel as the first movie.

The X-Files theme is really absent from the album, except from the remix tract; which is ironic, considering that Chris Carter praised the theme in the liner note. rolleyes
  4. RO: Hellboy - Marco Beltrami

Hopefully as good as everybody says. wink
  5. Antineutrino wrote
    RO: Hellboy - Marco Beltrami

the recording sessions are superior to the original, but you can't buy that eh rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2008
    Southall wrote
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote

Garak LOVES John Williams but I think he has excellent taste when it comes to album length.

Given that FSM's Superman set sold out, I think it's pretty much a given that there's a lot of money to be made from even the smallest expansion of Williams scores.

Not ENTIRELY true. Home Alone 2 (Deluxe Edition) and Heartbeeps are still available.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2008
    Antineutrino wrote
    RO: Hellboy - Marco Beltrami

Dood... it IS!!!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  6. In the last week I've payed for (but have not yet received) Quigly Down Under, First Knight, Restoration, and Varese Sarabande's 25th Anniversary thingy. I'm greatly anticipating all of those. I also picked up Chaplin, Lost in Space, and Shine from a used CD store, all of which I'm happy with. Chaplin has some lovely 90s Barry Themes, Lost in Space had some dull tracks but an absolutely wonderful theme and a couple tracks of very thickly layered music (lots of stuff happening, real ear candy), and Shine has some great classical music arranged for it and I've really liked the original score, too (haven't finished that one yet).
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2008
    thanks to a member of another board, I finally picked up originals of JAWS 2 and DRACULA (watch them get re-issued next month...)

Other recent acquisitions are McNeely's Terminal Velocity, Chattaway's Red Scorpion, Shaiman's City Slickers II, and Varese 25th Anniv (only $12 new at amazon!)...
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    tjguitar wrote
    thanks to a member of another board, I finally picked up originals of JAWS 2 and DRACULA (watch them get re-issued next month...)

Other recent acquisitions are McNeely's Terminal Velocity, Chattaway's Red Scorpion, Shaiman's City Slickers II, and Varese 25th Anniv (only $12 new at amazon!)...

Nice haul! Now give "Cadillac Freefall" from Terminal Velocity a spin and turn up the volume. One of the greatest action tracks ever composed! And congrats on the acquisition of Jaws 2 and Dracula. Two classic scores there!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    tjguitar wrote

Hope Jaws 2 and Dracula didn't set you back too much? Great scores! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    tjguitar wrote

35 each (w/ shipping). i thought it was fair. still i could have used the money. lolz. All that is remaining for (released) Jaws - Temple of Doom for me is Earthquake and Eiger Sanction. (and, Temple...) Although one of those might have been pre-Jaws? I'd like an original of Jane Eyre but that one's way out of my price range.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    tjguitar wrote
    Timmer wrote
    tjguitar wrote

35 each (w/ shipping). i thought it was fair. still i could have used the money. lolz. All that is remaining for (released) Jaws - Temple of Doom for me is Earthquake and Eiger Sanction. (and, Temple...) Although one of those might have been pre-Jaws? I'd like an original of Jane Eyre but that one's way out of my price range.

Jane Eyre, you mean the Silva release is rare now?
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    Its incredibly rare. Both releases.
  7. Erik Woods wrote
    tjguitar wrote

Nice haul! Now give "Cadillac Freefall" from Terminal Velocity a spin and turn up the volume. One of the greatest action tracks ever composed! And congrats on the acquisition of Jaws 2 and Dracula. Two classic scores there!

-Erik-

Dude, nice to see someone appreciating Cadillac Freefall, what a monstrous action track. Powerful, fast, relentless and bringing out the best of John Williams' action voice

This shows how good a composer Joel McNeely is
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2008
    Junior Homrich & Brian Gascoigne - The Emerald Forest
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Joep wrote
    Junior Homrich & Brian Gascoigne - The Emerald Forest

A really interesting score where they use they're own bodies as purcussion instruments, I used to own this on LP ( part of a number of casualties that were stolen from me 18 years ago ).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    /needs more info on the new X-FILES from people who've heard it, please.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    /needs more info on the new X-FILES from people who've heard it, please.

It's classified information.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Timmer wroteA really interesting score where they use they're own bodies as purcussion instruments, I used to own this on LP ( part of a number of casualties that were stolen from me 18 years ago ).

The percussion stories of many people made me curious indeed.

Some more new purchases:
    Nikos Platyrachos - Nur über meine Leiche
    Marcel Barsotti - Die Konsalik Collection
    Paul Baillargeon - Armut der Reichen
    Kai Meyer - Sieben Siegel
    James Newton Howard - Stir of Echoes
    Michel Legrand - Madeline
    Craig Pruess - Peak Practice
    Roy Budd - Buddism
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2008
    Tiziano Lamberto - Hans