• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Just got another batch to fill up my collecting hole:

The Illusionist (Philip Glass)
    Total Recall (Jerry Goldsmith)
    Wanted (Danny Elfman)
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2008
    Well, to celebrate my new job I have just purchased a set that I thought would have been sold out YEARS ago. It's been two plus years since FSM announced the release of easily one of the greatest soundtrack releases of all time - THE ELMER BERNSTEIN FILM MUSIC COLLECTION - and now it's mine! Ooooooh baby! I can't wait for this one!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote
    THE ELMER BERNSTEIN FILM MUSIC COLLECTION

You
    didn't
    HAVE
    it
    yet
    ?

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Well, better late than never.
    Like you, I'm completely flabbergasted it's not sold out in its first month.
    I remember laying awake, stressing out at night as I knew I'd be away around the date of its release and I was honestly mortified at the thought of missing out.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    PS: and congratulations on the new job. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    what new job?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Christodoulides wrote
    what new job?

He's talking about Erik's new job. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I know. which is...?
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Christodoulides wrote
    I know. which is...?

I have no clue. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    what new job?

I got a job at a company about an hour north of Hamilton. Still working in the video industry. Editor and cameraman. The great thing is that I continue to work at home and still get do my own personal freelance work as well. Great gig!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sweet! Glad for you mate. What kind of company is it exactly? What kind of productions are they doing?
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2008 edited
    Ad Fundum

It features a great 10:43 minute cue by composers Jean-Marie Aerts & Tom Wolf, but the rest of the cd is very bad various artist crap. The other 3 tracks by Wolf are horrible popsongs sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2008
    I do like the title, though. biggrin
    christmas_drunk
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2008
    Lovely, isn't it? beer
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2008
    George Fenton - The Crucible
    Bruno Coulais - Agents Secrets
    Bernd Begemann - Schröders wunderbare Welt
    Indian two scores release; Amar Mohile's Sarkar & Ram Sampath's Family - Ties of Blood
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Sweet! Glad for you mate. What kind of company is it exactly? What kind of productions are they doing?

Corporate, Commercials, Documentaries, etc. I'm actually shooting my very first HD commercial on Sunday.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Cool. What kind of Camera are you using? Brand and model if possible wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    If I'm not mistaken it's the Sony EX3. The cameras (they ordered two) are actually due to arrive at the studio Wednesday. Thursday I'm going for some steadicam training and then I shoot Sunday on ice with figure skaters for four hours. I wasn't going to be that involved with the production but none of my new co-works that are camera operators can skate (I know - Canadians' who can't skate? WTF?! ) so, I said that I can skate and was promoted to main HD steadicam camera operator.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    skate and shoot at the same time?! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    skate and shoot at the same time?! shocked

If done it before... but not with a heavy steadicam strapped to my body.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    If I'm not mistaken it's the Sony EX3. The cameras (they ordered two) are actually due to arrive at the studio Wednesday. Thursday I'm going for some steadicam training and then I shoot Sunday on ice with figure skaters for four hours. I wasn't going to be that involved with the production but none of my new co-works that are camera operators can skate (I know - Canadians' who can't skate? WTF?! ) so, I said that I can skate and was promoted to main HD steadicam camera operator.

-Erik-

Result! Bravo Erik beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That is a sweet camera btw mate!
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2008 edited
    Zbigniew Preisner - Between Strangers
    Pascal Estève - L'Homme Du Train
  2. Another batch. One very old, one very new.

Shaft - Isaac Hayes (original album)
    Interview With the Vampire - Elliot Goldenthal
    The Queen - Alexandre Desplat
    The Lake House - Rachel Portman
    Fireflies in the Garden - Javier Navarrete
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2008
    The Grey Pilgrim wrote
    Another batch. One very old, one very new.

Shaft - Isaac Hayes (original album)
    Interview With the Vampire - Elliot Goldenthal
    The Queen - Alexandre Desplat
    The Lake House - Rachel Portman
    Fireflies in the Garden - Javier Navarrete

I'd like to hear what Fireflies In The Garden is like?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Timmer wrote

I'd like to hear what Fireflies In The Garden is like?

Soft, piano- and string-led works. Sort of like Kaczmarek's works for Evening and The Visitor.
  4. Just got two more:

Mr. Holland's Opus - Michael Kamen
    Under Fire - Jerry Goldsmith (Warner release)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2008
    I was just wondering when Alan gets back from his holiday? He may be a bit upset at missing out on the FSM treasury set?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAntineutrino
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2008 edited
    He can still buy it from the people who clicked instantly on the purchase button without listening to any of the sound clips.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2008
    Antineutrino wrote
    He can still buy it from the people who clicked instantly on the purchase button without listening to any of the sound clips.

But aren't they the same people who just store them away still sealed?! rolleyes
  5. There are two kinds of collector's, some buy everything just because it's limited and sell it after they relized that it is not something they will listen to again.