• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. BhelPuri wrote
    Bought yesterday and yet to arrive...

The World of Shigeru Umebayashi (1985-2005)
    A 2 cd compilation that supposedly contains a few tracks of Zhou Yu's Train which I've been searching for ages.

Oops. Franz suddenly remembers something he was meant to do ages ago. shocked
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2008
    Joachim Holbek - Europa
    Fábio Freire & Thomas Rohrer - Saudade Do Futuro
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2008 edited
    Pino Donaggio - Der Mann Nebenan

And the dvd of the Dutch film Amazones, because of its isolated score by Dick Maas. I also received a free ''disc only'' of Anne Dudley's Zwartboek
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Basil Poledouris - Flesh + Blood
    Bregt tried to talk me out of it because of the price (24,- euro), but now I'm at home and found out this sells for about 67,- euro cheapest for a sealed, new version on the internet, I couldn't be happier that I did pick it up (sealed! new!) punk
    Btw, never heard anything of this, so it'd better be good biggrin

James Newton Howard - Hidalgo
    Mainly to let it sign by James, since I only heard about his arrival when I was in the train. And since it turned out to be 15,- euro cheaper then the pricetag mentioned, I don't regret it cool
  2. BobdH wrote
    (...)
    Btw, never heard anything of this, so it'd better be good biggrin

You should see the size of the grin on my face. There´s no way in hell you won´t like what you´re gonna hear...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2008
    BobdH wrote
    Bregt tried to talk me out of it

Bregt has ...disturbing tendencies at times. slant
    Tell me, was he on Looza again?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2008
    BobdH wrote
    Bregt tried to talk me out of it

Wow! Thank GOD you didn't listen to him. What a fantastic score!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Martijn wrote

Couldn't tell, but during the weekend, Bregt did express an interest in space cake. Between you and me, I wouldn't be surprised if he's found something stronger than Looza.
  3. Joep wrote
    Joachim Holbek - Europa

WHERE?!

I've been looking for this!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2008
    franz_conrad wrote
    BhelPuri wrote
    Bought yesterday and yet to arrive...

The World of Shigeru Umebayashi (1985-2005)
    A 2 cd compilation that supposedly contains a few tracks of Zhou Yu's Train which I've been searching for ages.

Oops. Franz suddenly remembers something he was meant to do ages ago. shocked

LOL. That's ok. Do let me know if you come across the full score to it as you mentioned (in FSM) that it exists.
  4. Yes, if I ever do, you'll hear of it. It's hard enough to find the proof that it actually existed at the moment.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    franz_conrad wrote
    WHERE?!

I've been looking for this!

Ebay. It didn't cost much; 4.50 euro including shipping costs
  5. I never look in the right weeks. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2008 edited
    BobdH wrote
    Martijn wrote

Couldn't tell, but during the weekend, Bregt did express an interest in space cake. Between you and me, I wouldn't be surprised if he's found something stronger than Looza.

Tsss. These things you tell are tales Bob. Pure tales, because it's you who smelled too much drugs on that train!

Anyway, why did I try to talk him out of that (and the reason why I didn't want to buy it) because I thought it was too expensive, which it apparently wasn't. I wish I had bought it before Bob now. sad
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    BobdH wrote
    Martijn wrote

Tsss. These things you tell are tales Bob. Pure tales, because it's you who smelled too much drugs on that train!

Anyway, why did I try to talk him out of that (and the reason why I didn't want to buy it) because I thought it was too expensive, which it apparently wasn't. I wish I had bought it before Bob now. sad

Seems that was one train you missed eh pal!? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Bregt wrote

Yeah, I sure did take in a lot of that Belgian air. Who's the most free spirited country now, huh? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2008
    John wrote
    Baldur's Gate II - Shadows of Amn - Been wanting to get this for ages, but it only comes with the collectors edition. Luckily I got that quite cheap on Ebay, now it's in my collection smile

I love the love theme that's playing whenever one's character is having romantic conversations with Jaheira. It's so simple, but it gets to me every time.

And the cute music for the pirate island is just so fab and catchy.

Peter punk
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2008
    Ouch, I shouldn't read this thread obviously. Judging from this thread, MovieScore Media will not survive for long. Not one single MSM CD listed and I went back to July and then gave up... My god!!! So many good CDs and the finest among fans ignore them?

shocked wink confused

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I always check the sound clips, but so far there's been so little that really grabs me. shame
    Obviously I bought The Last Poledouris (I am still amazed at how you pulled that one off! punk ), and I was interested in George And The Dragon (which unfortunately sold out before I could get my hands on it), but that's it, so far, I'm sorry to say. sad

I have my eye on 4 Musketeers and Jack Brooks, but as the dollar has risen and my salary through inflation has gone down, it may be a while yet. slant

RP: through a private seller on Filmscoremonthly: Django (expanded) - Luis Bacalov

I've always loved that score, though the Alhambra release was sorely lacking in quality.
    I was assured this version is not only expanded but also features better quality, so I can't wait to listen to it!
    punk
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2008 edited
    moviescore wrote
    Ouch, I shouldn't read this thread obviously. Judging from this thread, MovieScore Media will not survive for long. Not one single MSM CD listed and I went back to July and then gave up... My god!!! So many good CDs and the finest among fans ignore them?

shocked wink confused

mc

I have ordered 2 days ago Invasion.

i have also bought recently I Capture the Castle.
  6. I will buy Merlin the day it comes out. Any news on whether there will be more Merlin releases containing the later episodes?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I will buy Merlin the day it comes out. Any news on whether there will be more Merlin releases containing the later episodes?

It's derivitive but it's not a bad score(s), once the moneystarts pouring in may get it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    moviescore wrote
    mc

For what it's worth I did get these two in the last couple of months-

George Shaw - J-ok'el
    Guy Farley - The Flock

Maybe you folks have already played around with the prices before.
    I can get regular, mainstream scores for about $13 or $14 from Amazon. Even the Italian imports (say, on Image Music or RAI Trade) scores can be had at $15. But to spend about $18 for a MSM cd (where the composers are not well known) is just too much for me. The only MSM cds I have purchased are the ones that I have listened to at greater length (at SST) and been impressed by. At $18 a cd I don't take those half-chances like I used to do with Italian scores a while ago.
  7. moviescore wrote

shocked wink confused

mc

I must confess - and this is to my shame - I don't list all the cds I buy in this thread... partly out of embarrassment! I am about to purchase 2 MMS scores, as it turns out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2008
    And I am stuck right now for the first time. My drug coverage has run out for the year due to the high cost of my blood thinner ($200) a month. The rest of my drugs are only $440 and that is for 6 of them but it will leave me short as the max is $2500 per year so I'll have to pay one month out of pocket or $200. No I'm not going to take a chance and skip a month
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    That's the strangest score purchase ever.
  8. franz_conrad wrote
    moviescore wrote

shocked wink confused

mc

I must confess - and this is to my shame - I don't list all the cds I buy in this thread... partly out of embarrassment! I am about to purchase 2 MMS scores, as it turns out.

I don't list all my purchases here either but looking at your catalogue - as it stands as of now - I have 31 of the 54 listed titles. And a significant proportion of these purchases have been as downloads (at $9.99 each).
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    sdtom wrote
    And I am stuck right now for the first time. My drug coverage has run out for the year due to the high cost of my blood thinner ($200) a month.

Remember to eat plenty of fatty fish as well, it's probably cheaper and better for you in the long run. It's no coincidence those damn eskimos never have cardiovascular problems.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorjedizim
    moviescore wrote

shocked wink confused

mc

I recently got Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer...and I REALLY enjoy it. I think at the end of the year it is going to rank up there with one of my favorites of the year.
    ---- Well, I wouldn't argue that it wasn't a no holds barred, adrenaline fueled thrill ride. But, there is no way you can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2008
    - The Bionic Woman (Kill Oscar - Parts 1 and 3) Music Composed by Joe Harnell

- The Bionic Woman (The Return Of Bigfoot part 2) Music Composed by Joe Harnell

- The Incredible Hulk (The Incredible Hulk - A Death In The Family) Music Composed by Joe Harnell

- The Incredible Hulk (Double Disc Edition) Music Composed by Craig Armstrong
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"