• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009
    Martijn wrote

Lesbian Vampire Killers - Debbie Wiseman - great, robust and full-blooded score. Huge fun factor!

Agreed... but LOW originality factor!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009
    Erik Woods wrote

Let me think how much that annoys me in this case.

Um.

Not at all.

smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Sunil wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Sleepy Hollow- the movie is decent but I absolutely loathe the music. Never been an Elfmaniac. Sleepy Hollow made me realise why... I just don't get the chaos that is ever so present in his music.

You don't have to be Elfmaniac to appreciate this score. As a deep lover of filmscore, you can definitely appreciate this score. I say this is one of the best works by Danny Elfman.

Have a nice day! biggrin

I most definitely don't appreciate Sleepy Hollow. I know I tried. I bought it, I heard it in the film. I spun it multiple times. Each time it made me want to vomit

Too chaotic for my tastes.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009
    Sukhwinder Singh - The Perfect Husband
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Let me think how much that annoys me in this case.

Um.

Not at all.

smile

Good for you.

On the other hand, I will never buy another Wiseman score. It says "Original motion picture soundtrack - music by Debbie Wiseman", but it's just a compilation of music which was not composed by Debbie Wiseman. And yet Debbie Wiseman is the person who has been paid for it, and the people who actually wrote the music have not. Not for me, thanks. I've carefully filed it with my copy of 300.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Joep wrote
    Sukhwinder Singh - The Perfect Husband

What! shocked
    I hope you know what you're getting--

It's entirely bhangra
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009 edited
    Southall wrote
    Good for you.

On the other hand, I will never buy another Wiseman score. It says "Original motion picture soundtrack - music by Debbie Wiseman", but it's just a compilation of music which was not composed by Debbie Wiseman. And yet Debbie Wiseman is the person who has been paid for it, and the people who actually wrote the music have not. Not for me, thanks. I've carefully filed it with my copy of 300.

lol

Can you believe that I have 3 different version of the 300 album. All the same content... 2 promos and one commercial release... and I'll NEVER spin either one ever again. However, for some strange reason I'm hanging on to all of them AND the album is taking up 91.6MB of space on my hard drive. dizzy Now, that's the collector in me talking...

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hey, don't complain; trendy, cool and yet practical coffe-cup rugs are hard to find these days.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Orphans dvd - including a Craig Armstrong isolated score
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Joep wrote
    Orphans dvd - including a Craig Armstrong isolated score

I've seen the movie and i remember it being pretty boring, score included; a fan i presume?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    You can call me a fan. Armstrong hasn't written a modest and small score like this since. I actually would like him to do more UK films like Orphans or more independent features. I don't like many of the films he scored very much; World Trade Center, The Incredible Hulk, The Quiet American, Best Laid Plans, Fever Pitch, Must Love Dog, Kiss of the Dragon... At least the music is ''ok''. It's a bit unsettling to like someone's work, but to dislike the majority of the films themselves.
  2. Joep, have you come across this one?

RP: Ekhrajiha - Mohammad Esfahani

I've just started listening to it but I'm quite encouraged with what I'm hearing.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Medal Of Honor - Giacchino....$50! slant Now all I need is Frontline.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Joep, have you come across this one?

I've just started listening to it but I'm quite encouraged with what I'm hearing.

Where is it available? I'm always game for more Middle-eastern scores.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    I don't know that scores Hmmm Iranian... Are you sure you got the composer's name right? Imdb list someone else: http://www.us.imdb.de/name/nm0787528/
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2009
    I have recently purchased Congo by Jerry Goldsmith. I like the score but disappointing because there are certain cues are missing in this score album. I say this is incomplete score album. Despite that it is really a good score. Jerry rocks..... I like Spirit of Africa, No bail out etc. AWESOME! smile
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Sunil wrote
    I have recently purchased Congo by Jerry Goldsmith. I like the score but disappointing because there are certain cues are missing in this score album. I say this is incomplete score album. Despite that it is really a good score. Jerry rocks..... I like Spirit of Africa, No bail out etc. AWESOME! smile

Are you seriously surprised?
    Most scores are incomplete on albums. Especially Goldsmith's.
    That is usually the case.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    omaha wrote

Not at all. I knew this would be the case. But i can't control myself. As you were rightly said that most of the Jerry Goldsmith's scores are like that. Do you know any specific reasons why his scores are shortened?
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Sunil wrote
    omaha wrote

Not at all. I knew this would be the case. But i can't control myself. As you were rightly said that most of the Jerry Goldsmith's scores are like that. Do you know any specific reasons why his scores are shortened?

It isn't only his. There is usually a great difference between released and complete scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Sunil wrote
    omaha wrote

Goldsmith was a clever man. He knew that few film scores - even ones composed by someone as talented as him - work in complete form. He was interested in putting out good albums, not musically-worthless souvenirs, which sadly is what almost all other film composers are interested in.

Another big factor is that until about 2000 (I can't remember the exact date), the American Federation of Musicians made it financially-prohibitive to release more than 30-45 minutes of scores recorded under their jurisdiction (ie most Hollywood scores).

As for Congo - it doesn't get much love, but I think it's seriously underrated. Some fine action music there and a great finale - and as with almost all Goldsmith scores, a grand and imposing theme, the kind nobody seems to want to write any more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2009 edited
    BhelPuri wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Joep, have you come across this one?

Where is it available? I'm always game for more Middle-eastern scores.

So far, I can only find it as an Amazon download:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ekhrajiha/dp/B0 … p;sr=103-1

I'm not entirely sure that this is composed by Esfahani. The artwork (and imdb.com) mentions Fereydun Shahbazian as being the composer but I'm not sure whether this credit for Shahbazian is for the vocal tracks.

EDIT: Fereydun Shahbazian is the composer. Esfahani is the vocal artist featured on the CD.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Sunil wrote

The Congo theme is f***ing amazing punk
    It is what makes the score for me.
    Just under par from The Ghost and The darkness though.
  3. DreamTheater wrote
    Kill Bill Vol. 1 (Various artists)
    Kill Bill Vol. 2 (Various artists)

Quentin Tarantino doesn't need film composers for his work, when he has such a spot on feel for great songs that just fit the scenes they accompany.

I always expect great things from the musical contributions whenever a new Tarantino film appears.

Saw this over at FSM messageboard.

Quentin Tarantino was interviewed on the Jonathan Ross show the other night and Ross asked him about the music he uses in his films. Tarantino essentially says that he would be uncomfortable handing over that much power to a composer (I think he's said this elsewhere?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIq2GMBvCHo (about 4:56 into the clip)
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    And a few more extra copies:

Ryuichi Sakamoto - Snake Eyes
    Ry Cooder - Primary Colors
    Tyler Bates - Get Carter
    Graeme Revell - Red Planet
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    You're the weirdest collector I know. I swear! dizzy
    (Nice, for sure, but weird)

biggrin

wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You don't happen to have a spare copy of John Barry's The Quiller Memorandum do you Joep? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    I'm affraid not Timmer.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sad

It's darn rare and goes for silly money.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    But he DOES have sixteen copies of Charo Calvo's Nohoi Oron!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2009 edited
    lol
    ^
    anyone else feel like they've immediately turned into Pawel everytime they use this icon? cheesy