• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    lol
    ^
    anyone else feel like they've immediately turned into Pawel everytime they use this icon? cheesy

Not me!
    :pawel:
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2009
    Solaris - Cliff Martinez
    Todro Sobre Mi Madre - Alberto Iglesias

Cheapos! (and I obviously like them)
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Timmer wrote
    lol
    ^
    anyone else feel like they've immediately turned into Pawel everytime they use this icon? cheesy

That's why I rarely use it. It belongs to him. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Joep wrote
    And a few more extra copies:

Ryuichi Sakamoto - Snake Eyes
    Ry Cooder - Primary Colors
    Tyler Bates - Get Carter
    Graeme Revell - Red Planet

I LOVE Snake Eyes. Good fun.
    Red Planet is interesting as well. You have to be in the mood for it though.
  1. Lol, doesn't matter how they speak of you, it matters that they do, eh? biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2009
    omaha wrote
    Joep wrote
    And a few more extra copies:

Ryuichi Sakamoto - Snake Eyes
    Ry Cooder - Primary Colors
    Tyler Bates - Get Carter
    Graeme Revell - Red Planet

I LOVE Snake Eyes. Good fun.
    Red Planet is interesting as well. You have to be in the mood for it though.

Both Snake Eyes and Red Planet are excellent.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    lol
    ^

Not me!

Ahhhhhhhhh

On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    lol
    ^

Up that post count!!!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Kill Bill Vol. 1 (Various artists)
    Kill Bill Vol. 2 (Various artists)

Quentin Tarantino doesn't need film composers for his work, when he has such a spot on feel for great songs that just fit the scenes they accompany.

I always expect great things from the musical contributions whenever a new Tarantino film appears.

Saw this over at FSM messageboard.

Quentin Tarantino was interviewed on the Jonathan Ross show the other night and Ross asked him about the music he uses in his films. Tarantino essentially says that he would be uncomfortable handing over that much power to a composer (I think he's said this elsewhere?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIq2GMBvCHo (about 4:56 into the clip)

Pf.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    What the D man said.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    I have recently purchased another Goldsmith album, Star Trek V Final Frontier. Another disappointing with the length of the score. Its just 38 minutes and 4 minutes of irritating song. I have only one question in my mind, in future, is it really worth buying the Goldsmith album? Thank God, CD was half rate offer. I am glad with that.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
  2. ST: Final Frontier is a really great album. The song is irritating, but I somehow like it. I bought it in Paris.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sunil wrote
    I have recently purchased another Goldsmith album, Star Trek V Final Frontier. Another disappointing with the length of the score. Its just 38 minutes and 4 minutes of irritating song. I have only one question in my mind, in future, is it really worth buying the Goldsmith album? Thank God, CD was half rate offer. I am glad with that.

You can either have 30+ minutes of superb score like this or you could just go out and buy 80 minutes of heartless generic droning that passes for a lot of film scores now.
  3. That too. There is a botleg of Final Frontier, I've heard, but it's SFX-ridden. I am very happy with the release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Sunil wrote

You can either have 30+ minutes of superb score like this or you could just go out and buy 80 minutes of heartless generic droning that passes for a lot of film scores now.

Yes, totally agree. I love these older, yet shorter releases. I'd have to say for most film scores, the 50-60 minute mark is just about right. But for the true masterpieces, I don't mind having every note that was written.

Star Trek V benefits from the short length. Much of the unreleased cues are simply variations on what's already on the album anyway. And the song's typical 80s fluff, I like that. cheesy

And to answer the question on your mind: YES ! It's absolutely necessary to buy the Goldsmith album(s) !!!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. Jerry Goldsmith - Lonely Are the Brave, after hearing the whole thing I decided to buy it for quality AND booklet sake. Great score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2009
    Bear McCreary - Battlestar Galactica Season 4
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    With signature I suppose? wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Hopefully wink I got into the webstore one minute before it was available via the website, so I suppose I got one...
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2009
    DANGEROUS - MICHAEL JACKSON

Great album! Great Music! Groundbreaking pop music! This is the first time i am buying it on CD. Wow! amazing songs and music. Simply superb!
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Armand Amar - Images of Dance
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Carlo Siliotto - Consigli Per Gli Acquisti
    Carlo Siliotto - La corsa dell'innocente
    Angelo Francesco Lavagnino - Venere Imperiale
    Giovani Venosta - Le Acrobate
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Sunil wrote

What's wrong with it being 38 minutes? You either enjoy the album, or not. Give me 38 minutes of Star Trek V over 80 minutes of any score written in the twenty years since, thank you very much.
  5. Joep wrote
    Carlo Siliotto - Consigli Per Gli Acquisti

Interested to know what you make of this one. It sounds from the clips that it's an almost random mix of styles (both orchestral and vocal) in this.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. Joep wrote
    Giovani Venosta - Le Acrobate

I'm not familiar with Venosta, but I'm wondering whether you've heard Sono Viva (I Am Alive)? From the clips, this one sounds interesting.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2009 edited
    Just ordered at Screen Archives, for the first time using PayPal cool

Jerry Goldsmith - Poltergeist
    Jerry Goldsmith - The Great Train Robbery
    Jerry Goldsmith - The Wind and the Lion
    Jerry Goldsmith - Total Recall

My Goldsmith collection probably just got doubled dizzy

Lionheart wil come later, when I've found a good version of the 'epic symphonic score' combined CD smile

(by the way, Bregt, you don't need to put money on your PayPal account in order to pay; I just payed with the money going directly from my back account to SA, without being stored on PP in between! Best. Invention. Ever.*)

* Well, the internet was pretty neat too. And the wheel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Joep wrote
    Carlo Siliotto - La corsa dell'innocente

Flight of the Innocent is lovely and one of Siliotto's better scores. The main theme is beautiful and was enough to make me get the film from Netflix. The movie's nice too. Francesca Neri is super hot!

No idea about the Giovanni Venosta. I've heard some of the clips from his scores on CAM label, and I've seen Pane e Tulipani (Bread & Tulips). He sounds fairly generic-- some small jazz elements, and Italian flavor with the bandoneon.
  7. BobdH wrote
    Jerry Goldsmith - Poltergeist
    Jerry Goldsmith - Total Recall

The two Goldsmith titles that stand out for me - if you're not familiar with them then you are in for a treat: Poltergeist especially.

You've discovered PayPal? Whole vistas have opened out before you!!

PayPal is so convenient. I've had one or two refunds through PayPal but I've no idea where the funds go: whether they sit in my PayPal account for my next transaction or are refunded back to the card that is linked to my PayPal account. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2009 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Tell me about it! I never thought buying CD's overseas would save me to much, I figured I would only pay more because of the added shipping! But not only would I have saved 40,- euro's (!) compared to what I would've payed when buying it at bol.com, our Dutch internetshop, but I could even buy Poltergeist I instead of II (bol.com only has that latter one). The original is of course more expensive, but I still saved 20,- euro's!

I have heard Poltergeist and Total Recall within the film. I do not really remember TR (long time ago) but Im very familiair with Carol-Anne's Theme. Very haunting, just like the film. One of those genuinely creepy films...
  8. BobdH wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Tell me about it! I never thought buying CD's overseas would save me to much, I figured I would only pay more because of the added shipping! But not only would I have saved 40,- euro's (!) compared to what I would've payed when buying it at bol.com, our Dutch internetshop, but I could even buy Poltergeist I instead of II (bol.com only has that latter one). The original is of course more expensive, but I still saved 20,- euro's!

I have heard Poltergeist and Total Recall within the film. I do not really remember TR (long time ago) but Im very familiair with Carol-Anne's Theme. Very haunting, just like the film. One of those genuinely creepy films...

both Total Recall and Poltergeist are Goldsmith at his peak, highly inventive, bloody brilliant and immensely powerful, if Total Recall doesn't blow you away, you have a hearing disorder wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh