• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I'm curious Alan, considering you buy so much, how much soundtracks do you actually have in your possession?

That's a difficult one!

I tend to catalogue my music according to film titles rather than CDs so a compilation CD would could as several titles (and some of my titles would only have 1-2 tracks). But, I would have thought it would be at the top end of the 2,000 mark, maybe into the early 3,000.

I do have to say that there are a significant number that haven't been bought but "acquired".

Yes, I know that I can't possibly know them all very well - and I don't.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. wow shocked , that's a lot shame

good luck if you want to hear all those again some day smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    wow shocked , that's a lot shame

good luck if you want to hear all those again some day smile

I may have to take early retirement - but I can't afford it! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2010
    I just HAD to pre-order THE MESSAGE / LION OF THE DESERT cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Timmer wrote
    I just HAD to pre-order THE MESSAGE / LION OF THE DESERT cool

Wow! Didn't know about the Tadlow release until now. Is it a top Jarre?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yes. Absolutely!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I just bought some cd's at a second hand fair. Some of them were ridiculously cheap.

Avalon - Randy Newman
    Walking with Dinosaurs (not the 'compilation' one) - Benjamin Bartlett
    The Thin Blue Line - Philip Glass
    The Elephant Man - John Morris (Someone here really liked this one I think?)
    Closing The Ring - Jeff Danna
    The Cotton Club - John Barry and apparently, also others
    Saving Private Ryan - John Williams
    Meet Joe Black - Thomas Newman
    Out of Africa - John Barry
    Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - Angelo Badalamenti
    The Film Scores - Bernard Hermann conducted by Salonen (Tom liked this one a lot)
    As if to Nothing - Craig Armstrong

And on Amazon
    Vladimir Cosma Box
    Nouvelles Vagues - Desplat and others through Desplat and Traffic Quintet

I received a pay raise this month, so I got myself a present. wink
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    I just bought some cd's at a second hand fair. Some of them were ridiculously cheap.

Avalon - Randy Newman
    The Film Scores - Bernard Hermann conducted by Salonen (Tom liked this one a lot)

And on Amazon
    Vladimir Cosma Box

That's a great haul Bregt. The Cotton Club only contains two tracks by Barry but it's still a fine album. And WALKING WITH DINOSAURS is simply BRILLIANT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2010 edited
    Hehe, you once sent me Walking with Beasts. So I hope this is an extension of that sound!

Is Out of Africa worth it? Didn't it win an Oscar?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Bregt wrote

Me too! wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Erik Woods wrote
    Bregt wrote

Me too! wink

punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt, THE ELEPHANT MAN is gorgeous - both the circussey cues and the "John Merrick and Psalm" cue is a spiritual highlight.

And you bought the Cosma box?!? That's one impressive box that will give you hours of listening pleasure.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thor wrote
    Bregt, THE ELEPHANT MAN is gorgeous - both the circussey cues and the "John Merrick and Psalm" cue is a spiritual highlight.

You're another fan then! There was another person shifting through the boxes full of soundtracks, and I asked him what cd from the selection he thinks I should buy. He told me it was one of his favourite scores!

And you bought the Cosma box?!? That's one impressive box that will give you hours of listening pleasure.

Hehe, true. I first wanted to download them all. Only 20EUR for 17 cd's. But then I got the little exta money and decided to get myself a present and buy the real cd's instead.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Huh? Where did you find the box for 20 Euros at Amazon? All I can see there is the mp3 downloads?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thor wrote
    Huh? Where did you find the box for 20 Euros at Amazon? All I can see there is the mp3 downloads?

No, the mp3 download is 20EUR.

On amazon.fr the box set itself is 43EUR.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Hehe, you once sent me Walking with Beasts. So I hope this is an extension of that sound!

Is Out of Africa worth it? Didn't it win an Oscar?

I forgot I sent you that, in that case you'll recognise some of the cues.

And yes, OUT OF AFRICA did win Barry his fourth Oscar and yes it's a gorgeous score, a classic.
  4. Bregt wrote

Avalon - Randy Newman

And on Amazon
    Vladimir Cosma Box

I expect reviews on this site from you of all of them, you hear me tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Particularly the entire Cosma box. biggrin
  5. Timmer wrote
    Particularly the entire Cosma box. biggrin

indeed, it's about bloody time he does something here on the site wink
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2010 edited
    Bruno Coulais - Microcosmos: Le Peuple de L'herbe
    Bernard Herrmann - Taxi Driver
    Nicola Piovani - Das Sams
    Zhang Guangtian - Yao A Yao Yao Dao Waipo Qiao
    Eric Nevereux - Intimacy
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2010
    Received:

* BLACK SUNDAY (John Williams)

Ah, how great to chuck the ol' bootleg in the trash bin, and have a soundtrack that has good sound quality throughout - not the rip/Prague suite combo thing. I would obviously have wanted a more fluid listening experience arrangement (like the Silva suite, only longer), but to have this release out in a legitimate format is far more important.

* EXCALIBUR II - THE CELTIC RING (Alan Simon)

Simon's follow-up rock opera/concept album to the successful EXCALIBUR - A MYTHIC VOYAGE album. Lots of high-class guest performers - Alan Parsons, John A. Helliwell (from Supertramp), John Wetton, Jon Anderson, Andreas Wollenweider etc. Lovely melodic, contemporary celtic "pop-rock".
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Good to see Andreas Wollenweider still going, I used to have a couple of his albums many years ago. ( sort of new agey Kitaro like as I remember )
  6. Have you heard Tears of the Sun by Zimmer, Tim? Vollenweider contributed to one track there.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Have you heard Tears of the Sun by Zimmer, Tim? Vollenweider contributed to one track there.

And a kick ass score / album that is.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'll have to listen to it again, I remember being put off by the African chanting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Joep wrote
    Zhang Guangtian - Yao A Yao Yao Dao Waipo Qiao

Awesome! What a killer of a name!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2010 edited
    Try to repeat that five times in a row. shocked

And what has finally arrived today??? beer cheesy cool

INNER-MOTHERFUCKING-SPACE !!!!!

YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!! punk punk punk

fireworks bounce fireworks bounce fireworks

OK ... I'll try to calm down, but I've waited for about two months for this to arrive (not counting the twenty years before it), I didn't want to listen through download, needless to say I already heard it, and love pretty much all of it, well not all because some parts could've been left out of the album, but that doesn't mean it isn't one of my most awaited releases, and a big pile of fun to be had, because it's the Jerry I grew up with and the sound of the score is engraved in my mind since the day I first saw the movie. Sure, there are more worthy Goldsmiths out there but nevertheless I was in tears during some of the finer moments of the score. Jerry's magic is evidently in this one. Thank you Lalaland for this superb release and now I've calmed down I'll try to shut up about this but don't hold it against me if start yapping about it again. dizzy shame
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2010
    Please do, I look forward to it! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    DreamTheater wrote

Did you get the one you ordered originally or was it the replacement copy sent by SAE?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    BhelPuri wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Did you get the one you ordered originally or was it the replacement copy sent by SAE?

Original order was from Lalaland, that one never arrived. The replacement was delivered one week after they reshipped it.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.