• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2010 edited
    Bought last week:

NORTH BY NORTHWEST - Bernard Herrmann (McNeely recording)
    CITIZEN KANE / HANGOVER STREET - Bernard Herrmann (Chandos recording)

Ordered a few minutes ago:

FREUD - Jerry Goldsmith
    CHILDREN OF MEN - John Tavener

I'm buying too much... just when I was satisfied I didn't need to buy any of the Varese club releases sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2010 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Genesis Rising - Aleksander Randjelovic ( a cool name I must admit )
    Galactic Assault : Prisoner of Power - Sergey Khmelevsky
    The Abbey - Emilio De Paz

uhm

This is THE weirdest coincidence.
    I have just discovered the obscure Russian label Keepmoving Records, which offers some very interesting Russian game, film and TV soundtracks, and I have just been checking these very items out! You know they're humongously expensive, don't you? These go for 22 - 25 dolars each! You made a tidy profit there m'man! beer

Anyway, recently purchased:
    Players - Jerry Goldsmith (not been able to goive this a listen yet, but I loved the clips, with the acoustic guitar! lick )
    Monte Walsh/Crossfire Trail - Eric Colvin (impulse buy: it was really cheap. It's good, solid, Broughton-style western music, which unfortunately isn't really my thing)
    Little Buddha - Ryuchi Sakamoto (On Timmer's recommendation. Gorgeous, rather meditative, and quite relaxing music. You wouldn't think Sakamoto is a pop musician originally!)
    Wind/A Whale For The Killing - Basil Poledouris (Never been too keen on the synthy Wind, which I already owned, but A Whale For The Killing is bloody fantastic, with a theme as was so unique to Poledouris: powerful and solid.)
    Parc Oceanique Cousteau - John Scott (Another outstanding entry in Scott's symphonic Cousteau series. I would LOVE to see him do a grand romantic/historic epic once again.)
    Destination: Treasure Island - Olivier Deriviere (not-bad game score, with some rollicking seafaring fun music. Quite enjoyable, with a lot of replay value)
    Red Riding - Adrian Johnston/Dickon Hinchliffe/Barrington Pheloung (incredibly dark and utterly fascinating scores for a trio of TV films, which are all connected to the same murder plot)

Three of these CDs came in through Buysoundtrax.
    I have always been a very satisfied customer of them, but in light of the barrage of bad rep they generally get, I thought it fair to note my last experience.

I contacted them on my order (which was running into some apparent delays), and not only did they take immediate and decisive action, but they followed up, TWICE, of their own accord, checking with me whether everything had come in properly.

Now THAT's after-sale service!
    cool
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2010
    Nice to see credit where credit is due re: BSX.

Martijn, I got in contact with SAE and it was a mix up, the CD's have been returned and SAE have promised me something in return for my trouble. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote

Little Buddha - Ryuchi Sakamoto (On Timmer's recommendation. Gorgeous, rather meditative, and quite relaxing music. You wouldn't think Sakamoto is a pop musician originally!)

And Demetris' :sigh:

You should also get THE LAST EMPEROR and THE SHELTERING SKY, if you loved that one.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No, It really was Timmer. smile
    (Though I still wuv you. kiss )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Damn, all that shouts about SAKAMOTO going to waste.

Timmer, could you please recommend him getting THE LAST EMPEROR and SHELTERING SKY too so that there's a chance he'll listen to you and actually purchase them?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn,

THE LAST EMPEROR and THE SHELTERING SKY are excellent! A shame D didn't mention SNAKE EYES too.

IMO none are as good as Little Buddha but they ARE seriously good
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn,

THE LAST EMPEROR and THE SHELTERING SKY are excellent! A shame D didn't mention SNAKE EYES too.

Shhh....my tinnitus.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    TINNITUS!??

My apologies thunderer wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn,

Are these Nyman-esque?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    No!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Are they Rozsa-esque?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    No!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Rautavaara-esque?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...c'mon, really!? rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    biggrin Just thought I'd see how far I could go.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    tsk tsk, most unlike you I must say. wink
  1. Bought myself 2 scores

- The Goonies: of course, what did you think? cheesy
    - Atom Nine Adventures: sounds like great fun, I thought it was the perfect time to purchase that one smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn,

Damn, i tend to forget SNAKE EYES, but you're right it's got some strong moments too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2010 edited
    Missing In Action - Jay Chattaway (Intrada Special Collection) was in my mailbox this morning .
    I'll still need to pick up Braddock : Missing In Action III and my MIA collection is complete ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  2. Eric wrote
    Missing In Action - Jay Chattaway (Intrada Special Collection) was in my mailbox this morning .
    I'll still need to pick up Braddock : Missing In Action III and my MIA collection is complete ...

smile good for you
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Halo Legends is on its way. I've got a soft spot for Marty O'Donnell's music for the Halo series, but this one is actually orchestrated for the most part, and very well done I might add. At least this has themes that stick in the brain and are actually fun.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSirCaledor
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2010
    Exodus and El Cid from Silva Screen/Tadlow...Amazing recordings! smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2010
    Eric wrote

Missing In Action 2 has music by Brian May, just ask Steven.
  4. Dave Grusin - The Goonies - ordered with a little help from my brother yesterday (credit card pfff)
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Timmer wrote
    Eric wrote

Missing In Action 2 has music by Brian May, just ask Steven.

OMG ! Here we go again ! rolleyes

biggrin
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You started it! tongue
  5. Yes you invaded Poland !! angry
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I know notheeeng.
  6. Just bought:

The Education of Little Tree - Mark Isham