• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2010 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    The 2 disc version is a little too much for me, I have to admit.

Not me, I love EVERY second of it! awesome score punk

yeah
    punk cool fireworks
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2010
    I just had to get the new Kritzerland Ernest Gold release of CROSS OF IRON.

My funds are seriously dilapidated now so if John Barry's Black Hole, The Deep or Howard The Duck get released in the next week or so I have decided that it is a necessary evil to remove Steven's kidneys to sell on the black market.

The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the other......as Spock once almost said.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Just yesterday, I ordered Williams's Black Sunday score from SAE.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    The 2 disc version is a little too much for me, I have to admit.

Not me, I love EVERY second of it! awesome score punk

yeah
    punk cool fireworks

yeah

yeah

yeah

KRUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

punk punk punk punk punk punk punk

The two disc Supertracks version is the only version I want, and I play it in full each time. Best 90 minutes of time you can waste away.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    No wasted time in that 90 minutes punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. The time swapping the discs is always wasted.

Yep I still listen to my music the old-fashioned way.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I think the 1CD version may be more suited to my taste. Or does that, too, also have a lot of horror music?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    I think the 1CD version may be more suited to my taste. Or does that, too, also have a lot of horror music?

As you perceive it, yes, it has! punk
  4. 1. Riding the Fire Mares (5:21)
    2. Slayer's Attack (9:17)
    3. The Widow's Web (6:17)
    4. Colwyn and Lyssa - Love Theme (2:34)
    5. Battle on the Parapets (2:52)
    6. The Widow's Lullaby (5:01)
    7. Destruction of the Black Fortress (8:33)
    8. Epilogue and End Credits (4:52)

Judging from that track listing, it seems al out bombast! Not enough for me though...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote

My funds are seriously dilapidated now so if John Barry's Black Hole, The Deep or Howard The Duck get released in the next week or so I have decided that it is a necessary evil to remove Steven's kidneys to sell on the black market.

The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the other......as Spock once almost said.

As long as you can afford the train ticket to London in April. smile We'll buy you a few beers if you can't afford them!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote

There are two 1CD versions - one's 45 minutes, the other 70+. I find the former holds the best arrangement (and there's no horror music), but the 2CD has superior sound so that's the best one to get, then rearrange into the 45-minute tracklist. Then it becomes one of my favourite score albums!
    •  
      CommentAuthorManwe
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2010
    Just got some things in the mail that I picked up from the Swedish eBay:

Sally Hemings: An American Scandal - Joel McNeely
    Angie - Jerry Goldsmith
    The Dark Knight - you know who
    End of Days - John Debney
    Autumn in New York - Gabriel Yared

All used, but in excellent condition and all for about $35 - a good deal I think. Have only listened to the McNeely so far, a lovely score, just as I remembered from the TV series, but looking forward to the rest tomorrow. smile
    - What matters is the music -
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

As long as you can afford the train ticket to London in April. smile We'll buy you a few beers if you can't afford them!

Steven's kidneys will be in Mexico by then and I'll be alright for cash beer wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I could do with some extra cash myself. Will we be able to remove anything els-- HEY WAIT A MINUTE! I'm Steven! sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    I'm going to be stopping the purchases for a while but here's what I ordered a couple of weeks ago. Not arrived yet.

Alexandre Desplat - Afterwards
    Frederic Talgorn - Le Brasier
    Krishna Levy - Loup
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    I just received Loup by Krishna Levy also.

In the same package I had:
    Oceans by Bruno Coulais
    and finally
    Die Päpstin by Marcel Barsotti

and I found in a closing used CD shop:

Brothers by Johan Soderqvist
    The Whisperers by John Barry
    and the Peacemaker Zimmer

all three for 7 dollars! Lucked out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I'd be interested in your view of Oceans, Martin. It's surely one of the weakest Coulais scores i've heard in a while. It's not bad, but it lacks that usual Coulais spark of magic.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2010
    FORREST GUMP - ALAN SILVESTRI

This is one of my all time favorite movie. I have seen this movie many times but this is first time i have purchased this score. I had lot of confusion in my mind whether to go for it or not. At last, i made my mind to purchase it. The fact is that once i had Suite from Forrest Gump which my close friend gave to me. After listening to this score album, i find most of the tracks are variations of that suite. However, it doesn't disappoint me rather i enjoy it lot. I really liked those variation even though i don't find extra new cue apart from suite which i had earlier. Overall, its really worth purchasing and very good score from Alan Silvestri.

SINBAD: LEGEND OF SEVEN SEAS - HARRY GREGSON WILLIAMS

Wow! this really made my day. What a score? I was totally mesmerized by this score album. Simply superb. punk
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2010
    Tintin wrote
    I just received Loup by Krishna Levy also.

In the same package I had:
    Oceans by Bruno Coulais
    and finally
    Die Päpstin by Marcel Barsotti

Good buys! How do you like the Levy? I heard the samples in SAE and it was a must-buy after that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2010
    I picked up at Hidden Treasures (the thrift store where I volunteer) "Green Card"/Hans Zimmer for a whopping 49 cents.
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Let us know if it was worth it Tom.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Jean-Jacques Goldman & Romain Romanelli - Asterix et Obelix: Contre Cesar (second copy)
    Pino Donaggio - Qualcuno in Ascolto
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    I'd say that's overpriced.

Me too but I'd like to know if Tom feels he got his 49c worth.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2010 edited
    News:

* HOW DARE YOU? (10CC)

A classic art rock album that I've had on cassette since the mid 80's, but that I haven't played in at least 10 years. Saw that it was cheap on play.com, and picked it up. Fond memories!

And two gems from a treasured maintitles member:

* BOSE - THE FORGOTTEN HERO (A. R. Rahman)

Nice and varied score - from lush orchestral stuff to haunting songs with Indian elements.

* GREAT COMPOSERS (Georges Delerue, 2CD)

Superb Varese compilation that will serve as an excellent sampler/guide once I up my Delerue purchases in the future. Just one bliss track/suite after the other.

Thanks so much again, dude!!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    * GREAT COMPOSERS (Georges Delerue, 2CD)

Superb Varese compilation that will serve as an excellent sampler/guide once I up my Delerue purchases in the future. Just one bliss track/suite after the other.

Thanks so much again, dude!!

I think this one's brilliant. I can't think there could be a better sampler of his American scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm not exactly Zimmer's biggest fan
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2010 edited
    Thor wrote

And two gems from a treasured maintitles member:

* BOSE - THE FORGOTTEN HERO (A. R. Rahman)

Nice and varied score - from lush orchestral stuff to haunting songs with Indian elements.

Wow! interesting one, Thor! this album has good songs and score too. Very good one indeed! in fact, lot lot better than Slumdog. I would have certainly appreciated if this would have won Oscar. Unfortunately, not recognized properly by westerners. However, now i can see a guy from western who can thoroughly understand and enjoy our Indian music. Hats off to you, buddy! I hope you will discover more gems. I have desire to send you some of A.R.Rahman's and Ilaiyaraja's finest collection but only thing i don't know how to do it. Let me figure out the way to do it.

All the best!

Keep Smiling! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2010
    WHITE OLEANDER - THOMAS NEWMAN

I find difficult to appreciate at first listen. Perhaps i should give more listen to get into this score. Of course, score isn't bad or disappointing but i need time to appreciate it.

THE LEGEND OF ZORRO - JAMES HORNER

This one is really good sequel score from Horner for below average movie. The track called The train has really some good action stuff. punk

INDEPENDENCE DAY - DAVID ARNOLD

This is not my first buy, earlier i had it in cassette format, but this is first time in CD. Wow! great listening experience in CD. I just love this score. One of the finest work by David Arnold. punk
  5. The President - Frederic Talgorn

After one listen I was underwhelmed by the first 3/4 of this album, but the last for tracks were quite good.