• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. The main thing about Who Framed Roger Rabbit is that it's just too "mickey-mousey" - and I'm not a big fan of comedic scores that have a lot of the mickey-mousing around.

But I do love Scott Bradley's music for Tom and Jerry! Go figure!! dizzy
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    The main thing about Who Framed Roger Rabbit is that it's just too "mickey-mousey" - and I'm not a big fan of comedic scores that have a lot of the mickey-mousing around.

But I do love Scott Bradley's music for Tom and Jerry! Go figure!! dizzy

WOW! There is more to Silvestri's score then mickey mousing. There are a ton of great jazz numbers and superb action material. And yes, there is mickey mousing but it's not different than the stuff you love from Tom and Jerry and Looney Tunes.

As for the movie... you don't like that either?

Whoa?! Whoa?! WHOA?! WHOA?!

What a FANTASTIC film!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    And yes, there is mickey mousing but it's not different than the stuff you love from Tom and Jerry and Looney Tunes.

You'd think so, but I was brought up on Tom and Jerry - and that's why I think that I like this cartoon music over all other. But it has to be Scott Bradley's music (and Fred Quimby's cartoons for that matter): the other Tom and Jerry stuff, I just don't like.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2008
    You can be...weird at times, Alan!
    spin confused dizzy

Guess the holidays are getting to your head. wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. Just got another dose of Tyler's highlights:

Timeline and Partition
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2008
    The Grey Pilgrim wrote
    Just got another dose of Tyler's highlights:

Timeline and Partition

Two of his best works, enjoy! punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2008 edited
    Marselus wrote
    The Grey Pilgrim wrote
    Just got another dose of Tyler's highlights:

Timeline and Partition

Two of his best works, enjoy! punk

Overrated... at least by you. wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Well my favourites are definitely War and AVPR, even if the second is a tough one to get through in one listen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Anthony, have you heard The Hunted and Timeline? Those are my favourites of his.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Niet. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Listen to older Tyler... Frailty, Terror Tract, Dankness Falls, The Hunted and his Star Trek: Enterprise music. Those are solid scores. He hasn't been able to surpass those.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    But he is pumping out some of the most badass action music I've heard in ages. cool Quite frankly, when I want to listen to something dramatic, I'll look elsewhere. wink
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    Timeline, Annapolis and Partition are Tyler's best IMO
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2008
    tjguitar wrote
    Timeline, Annapolis and Partition are Tyler's best IMO

shocked

Yiiiiiikes!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2008
    Mychael Danna - The Sweet Hereafter
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2008
    Just picked up Kevin Kiner's Star Wars: The Clone Wars. cheesy punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    TheTelmarine wrote

Is it any good? devil wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Timmer wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

Well, I like it, but I understand why others do not.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Timmer wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

Well, I like it, but I understand why others do not.

Most seem to dislike it? Is it just you and Steven who like it?

I haven't heard any of it, not even the clips yet.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I just bought Alias season 1 on DVD. Have never seen it before, and I need something to fill the 24/Lost void until January. Is/was anyone else a fan when it used to be on?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The series I'd really like to see is THE WIRE. I'll be renting it soon.
  4. Anthony wrote
    I just bought Alias season 1 on DVD. Have never seen it before, and I need something to fill the 24/Lost void until January. Is/was anyone else a fan when it used to be on?

We´ve seen Season One and Two and found them to be quite entertaining. Especially as something to fill in the void you mention, you might enjoy this as well. I´ve no idea whether the series as a whole is satisfying, since it´s serialized and I´ve no idea how it ends, but as I said, its very entertaining anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2008 edited
    Georges Delerue - Jules et Jim / Les Deux Anglaises et le Continent
    Tuomas Kantelinen - Year of the Wolf

I'm not too fond of Jules & Jim, but the score for Two English Girls is lovely.
    I was mad when I missed the chance to pick up the latter's full release on Hortensia label sometime back (that JBT guy ended up snagging it).
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    If it's anything like 24 I'll like it. If not, as least there's Jennifer Garner. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Timmer wrote
    Is it just you and Steven who like it?

No idea. wink
  5. Well, actually, I can´t tell you what it is. It certainly has the same tendency to end episodes with a mindfrakkin´ cliffhanger, and the constant double-crossing and complex plot who´s betraying whom this week is certainly in the same vain, but overall, Alias doesn´t take itself nearly as serious as 24 does, but that´s not necessarily a bad thing. I hope to see the remaining three seasons someday, and yes, in the end, one always has Jennifer Garner to look at.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAntineutrino
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2008 edited
    RP:
    Masters of the Universe
    - Bill Conti

A great score. So much fun. punk

and

La Casa Bruciata - Ennio Morricone

which has not arrived yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChristoph
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2008 edited
    requiem for my friend from Preisner : I'm a happy person tongue
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2008
    Wang Liguang - Jing hua yan yun
    Chan Kwong Wing - Tau man ji D

And a Shanghai Bund cd by an unknown composer.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2008
    Eleni Karaindrou - To Meteoro Vima Tou Pelargou
    Zbigniew Preisner - The Secret Garden