• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2007 edited
    I've got some real beauties on order but today...

Cuando Vuelvas a mi Lado - Angel Illarramendi
    El Otro Barrio - Pascal Gaigne
    The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes - Miklós Rózsa
    The Nativity Story - Mychael Danna

The recent clip from the Danna score encouraged me to seek out the actual CD. So, I'm looking forward to hearing that one. And the Illarramendi CD features a couple of cues from El Ultimo Viaje de Robert Rylands; a score featured (I think) in Illarramendi's concert segment at the 2nd SONCINEMAD. I was particularly smitten by that music. Does anyone know where I can get the CD that features 12 cues from Robert Rylands ("Angel Illarramendi Compone Para Elias Querejeta", Karonte KAR 7052)?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2007
    My latest is Beowulf by Silvestri. A little disappointed so far, but I'm hoping it will grow on me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2007 edited
    EnemyToo wrote
    My latest is Beowulf by Silvestri. A little disappointed so far, but I'm hoping it will grow on me.

Check out my review over here at if you're interested and other than that, be sure to play it LOUD and give it some time to grow! Oh, and watching the (awesome) movie helps as well, especially if it's IMAX or 3D (saw it on the latter, it totally blew me off).
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Saw one 3D movie ever: the T-Rex presentation somewhere in the middle of London about two years back. I remember it was heralded as a big thing, but even at only about 40 minutes it gave me a splitting headache and made me see cross-eyed for at least an hour after.
    So I'm afraid maybe my eyes aren't good enough to watch a 3D presentation.
    I have some sort of cylindrical distortion or something... sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    Just bought recently:

-Lions for Lambs (Mark Isham)
    -Anna and the King (George Fenton)
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Ganpurev Dagvan - Die Höhle des Gelben Hundes (second copy for a friend)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    msia2k75 wrote
    Just bought recently:

You're going to love this!
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2007
    Udo Jürgens - Das Traum-Schiff
  1. Sometimes there are packages arrive that make it seem like Christmas and today is one of those days. Three packages with mouthwatering delights:

Alien (2CD) - Jerry Goldsmith
    Mysterious Island (re-recording) - Bernard Herrmann
    Fahrenheit 451 (re-recording) - Bernard Herrmann
    Beowulf - Alan Silvestri
    I Know Who Killed Me - Joel McNeely

Where do I start?!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Where do I start?!

Start easy and fun: Beowulf cool Then you can go on with the more challenging stuff, when you're in the dead of night.... (Alien).
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Christodoulides wrote
    msia2k75 wrote
    Just bought recently:

You're going to love this!

Is it that good Demetris? I've been interested in this one for a while.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Depends on your tastes, it's off-beat but it's very intriguing. I'll be having my review uploaded tomorrow, hopefully.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Alan, deeply interested in your thoughts on BEOWULF, I KNOW WHO KILLED ME. Give the latter time first.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    Alan, deeply interested in your thoughts on BEOWULF, I KNOW WHO KILLED ME. Give the latter time first.

I mentioned in the NP thread that I'm firmly in the camp that thinks that Beowulf is a great listen. There are certainly 8-9 cues that have made it onto my mp3 player already. I can see the comments that highlight the similarity with Van Helsing, but I'm not too bothered with that because that's really just a symptom of Silvestri's action scoring at the moment. It's the themes that grab me (grabbed me as soon as I heard them in Madrid) and I'd consider them some of the best of the year.

I've only skimmed over the McNeely CD so far (too much Beowulf and Herrmann), but I do know that it will need some serious listening to "get it".
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2007
    I am glad to hear that, Alan. I was somewhat sure you were going to love Beowulf. Have you watched the movie yet?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Just received (promo copies):

Alexandre Desplat & Aaron Zigman - Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium
    Aaron Zigman - The Jane Austen Book Club
    Mark Isham - In The Valley of Elah
    Mark Isham - Lions for Lambs
    Frederik Wiedmann - Return to the House on Haunted Hill
    Bob Belden - Three Days of Rain
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Star Wars Anthology!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A true "treasure"

This realease is only surpassed for LOTR ones, but not the music!

Im so happy to spend 30 euros for this!!!! And I have in my house!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Friday's gonna be a hell of a day for me 'cause i got ALIEN VS PREDATOR: REQUIEM (BRIAN TYLER) and MISSION IMPOSSIBLE III (MICHAEL GIACCHINO) finally on CD and i am going to ROCK THE HOUSE!!!!! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Friday's gonna be a hell of a day for me 'cause i got ALIEN VS PREDATOR: REQUIEM (BRIAN TYLER) and MISSION IMPOSSIBLE III (MICHAEL GIACCHINO) finally on CD and i am going to ROCK THE HOUSE!!!!! punk

So...You spend more than 1 year with M:I3 in his "pirate" version? tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2007 edited
    yeah shame i always buy the scores i adore on CD eventually but it usually takes some time 'cause my income is currently dead.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    yeah shame i always buy the scores i adore on CD eventually but it usually takes some time 'cause my income is currently dead.

After paying out various bills, council tax and a friggin TV license I've got barely two pennies to rub together slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    Christodoulides wrote

Tell me about it.. crazy

Anywho.. I have some stuff on my list that I have to get once my financial situation gets better. Like the Alien 2 CD-set and the complete Return of the King. Also I'm thinking about Eshkeri's Stardust. I liked that one tremendously in the film. And I'm sure there are lots of others once I start thinking about it.

But truth to tell, I've been kind of occupied with just trying to listen to a lot of the stuff I already have, but just haven't gotten around to listening properly to. A good thing when the financial situation is not in the green.
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Mogens wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Tell me about it.. crazy

Anywho.. I have some stuff on my list that I have to get once my financial situation gets better. Like the Alien 2 CD-set and the complete Return of the King. Also I'm thinking about Eshkeri's Stardust. I liked that one tremendously in the film. And I'm sure there are lots of others once I start thinking about it.

But truth to tell, I've been kind of occupied with just trying to listen to a lot of the stuff I already have, but just haven't gotten around to listening properly to. A good thing when the financial situation is not in the green.

That's a great idea Mogens cool

I still have loads of stuff I either haven't listened to or haven't given another chance, and then there are other scores I liked but still haven't gotten around to completely absorbing.

When you think about it things aren't really that bad when you have your health and lots of great listening at your fingertips?! smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

After paying out various bills, council tax and a friggin TV license I've got barely two pennies to rub together slant

I know mate. Well, thankfully in that matter, the scores i really adore are numbered wink
  3. Mogens wrote
    ...I've been kind of occupied with just trying to listen to a lot of the stuff I already have, but just haven't gotten around to listening properly...

I've been a bit lax this year in terms of giving new releases a concentrated listen. I spent much of the first half of the year backing up all my music on hard disk - and I'm still trying to catch up.
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2007
    Timmer wrote
    When you think about it things aren't really that bad when you have your health and lots of great listening at your fingertips?! smile

Aye, mate - that's the truth! beer
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Mogens wrote
    Timmer wrote

Indeed. That's a very valid truth there mate!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Mogens wrote
    Timmer wrote

Indeed. That's a very valid truth there mate!

....and beer beer

wink
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Vanraj Bhatia's Jaya Ganga
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote

wink Well..Now I don't feel so guilty. Im share your philosofy.