• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2009
    LOL biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    IWBQW, YR.

I Watch British Queer Wrestling, You Retard!

We should hang out.
  1. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    IWBQW, YR.

lol
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It's British Queen Wrestling. Haven't you heard the saying?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    IWBQW, YR.

biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2009 edited
    I would be quite worried, you're right.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2010
    Just before New Years, composer John Debney was at the Sony Scoring Stage recording his score to the new romantic comedy, Valentine's Day, for which he reunited with acclaimed director Garry Marshall. ScoringSessions.com is excited to bring our readers the exclusive photos from the recording session!

http://www.scoringsessions.com/

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2010
    You must be invisible, your pictures always seem so candid. (Which is a good thing.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2010
    AWARD-WINNING COMPOSER

JOHN DEBNEY

REUNITES with GARY MARSHALL for the 6th TIME

for VALENTINE’S DAY

(Hollywood, CA) Award-winning composer JOHN DEBNEY reunites with director Garry Marshall for the sixth time to score the romantic-comedy VALENTINE’S DAY, starring Ashton Kutcher, Jessica Biel, Patrick Dempsey, Taylor Swift, Jamie Foxx, Taylor Lautner, Anne Hathaway, George Lopez and many more. “Valentine’s Day” opens in theaters on Feb. 12. Along with writing an original score for the film, Debney also re-unites with lyricist Glen Ballard to create the song “Every Time You Smile” performed by Carina Round. Currently Debney is receiving critical acclaim for his score to the dramatic film “The Stoning of Soraya M.” and is scoring the highly anticipated Marvel comic book sequel “Iron Man 2.” In June, Debney will travel to the Vatican for a performance of “The Passion Oratorio” in St. Peter’s Square.

Debney’s musical ability knows no boundaries, and his music sets the tone for films in all genres, from his Academy Award® nominated score to “The Passion of the Christ” to his work on Disney’s “Hannah Montana: The Movie;” for which Debney and Glen Ballard created the song “Butterfly Fly Away” performed by Miley and Billy Ray Cyrus. Recently Daily Variety devoted an 11 page tribute to John Debney as the “Billion-Dollar Composer,” because of his tremendous box office success (films he has scored have grossed nearly four billion-dollars.)

In addition to his Oscar® nomination, last year Debney received multiple Career Achievement Awards from the Burbank International Film Festival, the Hollywood Music in Media Awards and the Temecula Valley International Film Festival. Debney has received several Emmys®, a Dove® award for “The Passion of the Christ” and a CUE® award for the “The Passion of the Christ” and “The Princess Diaries.” Debney received a BAFTA® nomination for his score to the videogame “Lair” and was the youngest recipient of the ASCAP Henry Mancini Award for Career Achievement, and has conducted concerts of his music with orchestras throughout the United States and Europe. Some of Debney’s film credits include “Idlewild,” a Prohibition-era musical starring the duo Outkast and featuring famed trumpeter Arturo Sandoval; the animated films “Barnyard” and “Chicken Little;” the comic-book inspired “Sin City” and the comedies “Elf” and “Liar, Liar.”

The all star romantic-comedy “Valentine’s Day” centers around intertwining couples and singles in Los Angeles that break-up and make-up based on the pressures and expectations of Valentine's Day.

(Costa comm)
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2010 edited
    I want epic Debney. Not romantic-comedy Debney. cry At least he's scoring Iron Man 2. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    At least, we hope he is!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    They're all interchangeable these days anyway.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2010
    Is Debney recording the Iron Man 2 score in L.A. or the UK? I noticed that the L.A. contractors' credits were removed from the IM2 IMDB a few weeks ago.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    He posted at Facebook that he's recording in UK at Abbey Road.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    There's a digital cd circulating around marked as AC/DC-Iron Man 2 score
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    That's possibly a song compilation.. I believe John hasn't completed fully recording the score yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, but is he on board? Or are we just speculating.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    He's definitely on board. Possibly some of AC/DC's song material is being adapted as score by him, like Linkin Park in case of Transformers 2.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Linkin crap vomit
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2010 edited
    I thought Linkin Park's "Nest" on the Transformers 2 score was one of the better tracks...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    "NEST" is a guilty pleasure for me, but I agree with D about Linkin Park. Guys here adore them and made me check out a couple of their albums, and it all sounded like white noise to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    IMO no band should ever be involved with the score of a film. It´s simply not their job nor their ability to work on a film. It´s like a football player playing a basketball game: yes, both are sports, but they have nothing to do with each other.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    IMO no band should ever be involved with the score of a film. It´s simply not their job nor their ability to work on a film. It´s like a football player playing a basketball game: yes, both are sports, but they have nothing to do with each other.

Depending on yor opinion I think there have been some successful Band involvements, Queen on FLASH GORDON and HIGHLANDER spring to mind, as does Toto on DUNE.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote

But some football players can play basketball and visa versa.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Marselus wrote

-Erik-

Yes, but they suck at it and vice versa.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Marselus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Marselus wrote

-Erik-

Not necessarily. There are some bands (or pop/rock artists WITHIN bands) that become brilliant film composers too. Danny Elfman, Stewart Copeland, Mark Mothersbaugh, Ry Cooder, Randy Newman, Graeme Revell, Clint Mansell, Hans Zimmer, Johnny Greenwood....the list is long. Heck, even John Barry and John Williams started out in jazz. You need to judge it on a case-by-case basis.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Marselus wrote

-Erik-

Actually, no they don't. There are many two, three, four sport athletes out there. Some of the most famous are...

Bo Jackson who was an All Star baseball player and Pro-Bowl football player in the NFL.

Deion Sanders, considered to be one of the most versatile athletes EVER, played both Major League Baseball and American Football at a high level during his career.

Tom Glavine, part of one of the most dominant pitching rotations in the majors in the '90 was also drafted by the Los Angeles Kings in the first round.

And from a Canadian perspective there is Lionel Conacher who played and excelled at Canadian football, hockey, lacrosse, baseball, boxing and wrestling.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    I have a good feeling about Debney's Iron Man 2 score. It seems like the scores he records in London turn out to be GREAT, but I could be wrong.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2010 edited
    So no one picked up these YouTube clips from John Debney featuring Tina Guo (from Sherlock Holmes and Djawadi's Clash of the Titans) playing recording solo accompaniments for the Iron Man 2 score?

I"m excited.

Dark theme
    Action bit
    Action bit 2
    Demo