• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2011
    Exactly. Dragonfly did capture my attention severely back when it came, and i enjoy it completely up to date. Passion of the Christ is one of my most personal musical experiences, ever. Lair is enjoyable too. The rest is auto-pilot stuff for me since then.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChristian
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2011
    Christodoulides wrote
    Exactly. Dragonfly did capture my attention severely back when it came, and i enjoy it completely up to date. Passion of the Christ is one of my most personal musical experiences, ever. Lair is enjoyable too. The rest is auto-pilot stuff for me since then.

Exactly. Auto pilot is a great way to put it. Well said again.

Passion of the Christ was Debney's inspired masterpiece and I'm careful using that word or genius as they get thrown around too freely but I say it without hesitation this time. I used to have a website where I did reviews on scores and you know... I couldn't write about this score. Not because I didn't want to but because I couldn't find the words to describe the sublime and deeply personal experience. The fact is, it didn't need an explanation or my seal of approval to be a stand alone work of art.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChristian
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2011
    Dragonfly was scored during the time of John's mother's passing and when I told him my interpretation of that score, he was deeply touched. He agreed that what I was hearing was not just a score to a film but actually a tribute to the emotion he was experiencing at that time.

There's a big difference between an inspired work versus a cut and paste score. Dragonfly is a great example of that. In that business it's difficult to not be on auto pilot and do what is best for the film based on the mechanics that were learned in school. There are deadlines and specific expectations. There are often boundaries which confines the composer to specific ideas. It's not curing cancer in other words- it's writing music for a film. In saying that, when a composer is able to reach deep down and pull from life's experiences we get a treat for our ears and our spirit. THAT'S where it's all at for me.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2012
    What's the difference between the versions of Carriage Chase on the Cutthroat Island 2CD?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2012
    Anthony wrote
    What's the difference between the versions of Carriage Chase on the Cutthroat Island 2CD?

The ending... the last 5 seconds or so. I shit you not!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Varese releases

A THOUSAND WORDS
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
    Music Composed and Conducted by John Debney

John Debney’s beautiful score for orchestra and choir finally comes to CD. In danger of being overlooked, our limited edition series rescues A Thousand Words with this very special release.

Fast-talking Jack McCall says whatever it takes to close a deal. But after stretching the truth with a spiritual guru, he suddenly finds his life depending on a magical tree with 1,000 leaves…one for every word he has left. Now Jack's got to stop talking and conjure up some outrageous ways to communicate or he's a goner.

Paramount Pictures released A Thousand Words on DVD and Blue-ray on June 26.

CDs expected to begin shipping the week of July 23.

Limited Edition of 1000 copies

Price: $17.98
    Catalog #: 302 064 213 2

Track List:

1. Theme From A Thousand Words (1:44)
    2. Redemption (4:43)
    3. Wake Up (1:16)
    4. Sacred Pact (:59)
    5. Boom It’s A Tree (1:42)
    6. Calling Singa (2:15)
    7. Dire Consequences (4:06)
    8. Taping Jack’s Mouth Shut (1:02)
    9. I Speak, I Die (1:42)
    10. Drunk Jack (1:16)
    11. Meeting The French (1:34)
    12. Blind Guy Street Cross (1:05)
    13. The Flashback (1:57)
    14. Blue Butterfly (3:09)
    15. A Fine Mess (:40)
    16. Coffee Shop (1:40)
    17. Mom Visit (:56)
    18. The Kiss (4:19)
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2012
    Alex cross

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2012/10/11 … k-details/
    • CommentAuthorFrank
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2012
    La-La Land will release The Relic on January 15, 2013.

THE RELIC
    MUSIC BY JOHN DEBNEY
    LIMITED EDITION of 2000 UNITS
    LLLCD 1237
    Retail price: $19.98

PRODUCED BY DAN GOLDWASSER
    MASTERING BY MIKE MATESSINO
    LINER NOTES BY DANIEL SCHWEIGER
    ART DIRECTION BY DAN GOLDWASSER

La-La Land Records and Paramount Pictures are proud to announce the first ever official release of one of John Debney’s most thrilling scores, THE RELIC. The Peter Hyams directed sci-fi horror film delivers some of the most pulse pounding, adrenaline rushing scores of John Debney’s career. Detailed liner notes by Daniel Schweiger and ominous art direction by Dan Goldwasser help the listener get in the mood of the slimey and creepy thriller.

The first 100 or so customers who purchase this cd directly through the La-La Land Records website: www.lalalandrecords.com will receive an autographed booklet signed by composer John Debney at no extra charge. Quantities are limited and you are not guaranteed a signed copy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2012
    And he's doing THE HIVE and JOBS (the Steve Jobs biopic)
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2013
    Wanted to comment on La-La's "The Relic" which has been a nice way to start off 2013! I never got the promo as it was just too expensive but I enjoyed it via the movie which got lots of television airings at halloween time. Good 90's horror score with some nice orchestral bursts and museum at night atmosphere. I hope La-La land will also do the Debney-Hyams collabo Sudden Death as it's a great action score long overdue for an expansion!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2013
    If it can only be even half-as-good as PASSION OF THE CHRIST, then i am 101% sold! http://filmmusicreporter.com/2013/01/17 … -of-egypt/
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2013
    Demetris wrote
    If it can only be even half-as-good as PASSION OF THE CHRIST, then i am 101% sold! http://filmmusicreporter.com/2013/01/17 … -of-egypt/

Agreed! Even if the film is right-wing, fundamentalist propaganda, I'm excited about what Debney can churn out.

I loved PASSION -- both film and score.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. A couple of John Debney reviews

- End of Days
    - Evan Almighty
    - The Relic
    - Sudden Death

Enjoy
  3. My review of JOBS, for anyone who is interested:

http://moviemusicuk.us/2013/09/12/jobs-john-debney/

Jon
  4. New Intrada Release

LINK

HOCUS POCUS

Label: Intrada Special Collection Volume 254
    Date: 1993
    Tracks: 32
    Time = 74:25

At last! Oft-requested complete soundtrack by John Debney for popular Walt Disney Halloween tale, directed by Kenny Ortega, starring Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, Kathy Najimy. Upon resurrection of 300 year-old trio of wicked witches, modern-day teenagers plus ageless immortal cat help finally bring witches reign of terror to end. John Debney gets then-first really big scoring break, writes for massive orchestra with female chorus in tow. Themes are rousing, tuneful. Highlights abound but action sequences often take center stage. Complete score appears in dynamic stereo from 48-channel digital scoring session elements housed at Walt Disney studios. James Horner was originally slated to score 1993 film, became unavailable, but did write haunting theme for Sarah, aka Garden Of Magic, beautifully sung by Sarah Jessica Parker. Debney also adapts gently sad Horner melody in portions of his own original score. Intrada CD offers all of those sequences plus alternate scoring segments including delicate never-before-heard alternate end credits (track 32 in "the extras" section of CD) that provides lovely contrast to rousing fortissimo end credits (track 27.) Colorful packaging compliments sensational "razzle dazzle" score! John Debney conducts. Intrada Special Collection release available while quantities and interest remain!

01. Main Title 1:29
    02. Garden Of Magic/Thackery Follows Emily 2:25
    03. Witches' Lair 5:41
    04. To The Stake 0:25
    05. Death To The Witches 1:10
    06. Meeting Allison 2:02
    07. Max Loses Shoes 0:35
    08. Hallowe'en 1:10
    09. Max And Dani 1:20
    10. Divertimento #17 In D, K. 334 (Mozart) 3:42
    11. To The Witches' House We Go 2:23
    12. The Black Candle 2:22
    13. Witches On A Rampage 4:24
    14. Graveyard Attack 3:54
    15. The Calming Circle 3:00
    16. The Master 0:15
    17. Fingers 1:08
    18. Springing The Trap 4:37
    19. Winnie's Lament 3:05
    20. Witches Flight 3:15
    21. Sarah's Theme 2:08
    22. Max Fools The Witches 2:57
    23. Winnie Catches Up 0:47
    24. Billy Speaks 1:30
    25. Witches Capture Dani 4:52
    26. Witches Demise/Resurrection 4:50
    27. End Credits 3:10

The Extras
    28. Witches' Lair Pt. 3 (Original Version) 0:29
    29. Witches Take Dani (Alternate) 1:33
    30. Winnie Catches Up (Alternate) 0:37
    31. String Tremolo 0:19
    32. End Credits (Alternate) 1:50
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2014
  5. Great review of a wonderful score.
  6. Synchrotones' review of Houdini...

or as it actually sounds "hhhhhooooouuuuu dddd ddd ddd ddd ddd ddd ddddd hoohoohhohhoohooh dddidddidddiiiddiddiddiddiimnnnn nnn nnn nnn nnn nnn nnniii nii niiii ninin ii niinn in i n howwu d ddowowoo d wo n woo now."
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  7. Synchrotones wrote
    Synchrotones' review of Houdini...

or as it actually sounds "hhhhhooooouuuuu dddd ddd ddd ddd ddd ddd ddddd hoohoohhohhoohooh dddidddidddiiiddiddiddiddiimnnnn nnn nnn nnn nnn nnn nnniii nii niiii ninin ii niinn in i n howwu d ddowowoo d wo n woo now."

even if it's a snapshot review, it doesn't deserve to be reviewed at all. Awful music. And they're officially releasing the 2 volumes. Unbelievable
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2014 edited
    John Debney on Facebook:

So thrilled to announce that the Double CD re-issue of the The Passion of the Christ soundtrack is almost done. Wonderful interviews with film makers and key musicians. Spectacular! Thank you to La-La records!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2014
    Bob do you know if there will be extra music on this one or just the interviews?
  8. EXTRA music?!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    (just asking)
  9. Demetris wrote
    (just asking)

Maybe it's just the score and symphony being offered together with additional interviews (in Aramaic?)?

I found the original releases more than enough!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    additional interviews (in Aramaic?)?

biggrin

I found the original releases more than enough!

Quite. However, the Symphony would be great to have.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Symphony is fantastic, gorgeous.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's boring as shit, never understood the appeal of this score or its subsequent symphony.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I love it -- one of the best things Debney has ever done. Not terribly original (when was Debney ever?), but there's something about the religious on-the-nose music here that appeals to me very much. That being said, I have no desire for any extra music of any kind. The original release is the perfect concept album the way it is, with a perfect build-up towards the "Ressurection" centerpiece track.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I usually love religious music, but Debney's is not for me. Especially the ethnic stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    It's boring as shit, never understood the appeal of this score or its subsequent symphony.

Seriously? one of the best scores ever written, imo.