• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. HeeroJF wrote
    What's the general consensus here about Evan Almighty? I seriously think it's one of his very best in years. The flood music blows me away, and the rest is a great buildup to it, I think.

Evan Almighty shows that Debney still can hack it, it is as powerful as Cutthroat Island at times, and I believe the entire score is a dream come true for a movie as Evan Almighty, enjoyed the movie thorougly as well, not funny but it was more magical

Mogran Freeman rules as GOD punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2008
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    HeeroJF wrote
    What's the general consensus here about Evan Almighty? I seriously think it's one of his very best in years. The flood music blows me away, and the rest is a great buildup to it, I think.

Evan Almighty shows that Debney still can hack it, it is as powerful as Cutthroat Island at times, and I believe the entire score is a dream come true for a movie as Evan Almighty, enjoyed the movie thorougly as well, not funny but it was more magical

Mogran Freeman rules as GOD punk

haha, he is my favorite person to play God too cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    I think logically anyone playing God must rule. It's in the job description, no? slant
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
  2. HeeroJF wrote
    I think logically anyone playing God must rule. It's in the job description, no? slant

hehe, indeed, but I meant he nailed his character wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    'course. wink I got it.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2008
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    HeeroJF wrote

Thats awful, lol.
  3. tjguitar wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    HeeroJF wrote

Thats awful, lol.

okay, I stop phrasing it ok? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2008
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    tjguitar wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    HeeroJF wrote

Thats awful, lol.

okay, I stop phrasing it ok? biggrin

Good. 'cause I'm growing very cross indeed. angry

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2008 edited
    I´ve just found this video in youtube and I wonder if The Passion Symphony was ever released in DVD or something:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddkehvUToys
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2009
    Debney scoring Hannah Montana: The Movie?

According to his GSA resume, it's true:

www.gsamusic.com/Composers/Debney_John.pdf

What happened to Silvestri? He's still listed as composer on his GSA resume. I'm confused.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hurray.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. EnemyToo wrote
    Debney scoring Hannah Montana: The Movie?

According to his GSA resume, it's true:

www.gsamusic.com/Composers/Debney_John.pdf

What happened to Silvestri? He's still listed as composer on his GSA resume. I'm confused.

I just noticed the same thing inside the concert booklet of last night's American Youth Symphony Silvestri concert in Los Angeles where Hannah Montana is listed as "Song" only in Silvestri's filmography. I guess Silvestri had to give up scoring duties on that film given the workload of his other three movies in 2009 (from what I've heard they have already recorded parts of G.I. Joe recently or are just about to start).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Hurray.

precisely!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Good to hear Silvestri is concentrating on his bigger projects this year. Though if he is credited for the songs then he's still done the lion's share of the film. I mean, a Hannah Montana film is likely to have more songs than score and the score is likely to borrow from the songs thematic ideas anyway.

It's disappointing to see Debney attach himself to projects like this all the time. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Yeah. But I'm still looking forward to hear what Debney comes up with. I'm eager for Silvestri's G.I. Joe and Night At The Museum 2!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    ... and Christmas Carol too. Silvestri/Zemeckis collaborations never dissapoint.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Yeah.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2009 edited
    EnemyToo wrote

http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot.com/ … ntana.html

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2009
    John Debney: A Thousand Words

John Debney will compose the score for another Eddie Murphy comedy, following last year's Meet Dave. This one is called A Thousand Words, and stars Murphy as a man who learns that he only has 1,000 words left to speak before he will die.

For more info, visit the original source, here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote

John Debney will compose the score for another Eddie Murphy comedy, following last year's Meet Dave. This one is called A Thousand Words, and stars Murphy as a man who learns that he only has 1,000 words left to speak before he will die.

OK, I've heard some idiotic concepts for films before... but this... well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

How is it that Eddie Murphy can still get work?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

How is it that Eddie Murphy can still get work?

-Erik-

It is a bit mysterious, but his films generally do OK, don't they? Why do people go and see them?!
  5. It's his laugh man, I mean whenever he opens his mouth and starts laughing I can't help but do the same. Addictive!!!

Also, wasn't there talk that he'd get out of film altogether and go back to his roots, stand-up comedian?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    DreamTheater wrote
    Also, wasn't there talk that he'd get out of film altogether and go back to his roots, stand-up comedian?

I suspect that will happen at the same time Hans Zimmer quits film scoring for a year to do concerts, and stops submitting his scores for Oscar consideration.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    biggrin biggrin biggrin
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    This one is called A Thousand Words, and stars Murphy as a man who learns that he only has 1,000 words left to speak before he will die.

Well at least it'll have a good script then. dizzy
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2009
    Anyone think there's even a remote chance he'll score Iron Man 2?

Because I really hope he does.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Funny thing is the direct sentence that follows right after the spot where i ended quoting the original article's source wink
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    DreamTheater wrote

I just skimmed through this thread and thought for a second that you were talking about John Debney. dizzy
  6. biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website