• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2009
    Last month, composer John Debney was at the Sony Scoring Stage to record his underscore and song arrangements for the highly anticipated big-screen arrival of Hannah Montana: The Movie. Directed by Peter Chelsom, the movie features a new song written by Alan Silvestri and Glen Ballard. ScoringSessions.com was at the sessions, and is excited to bring you the exclusive pix!

http://www.scoringsessions.com/

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I never heard of Hannah Montana.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Bregt wrote
    I never heard of Hannah Montana.

You would be in awe of her musical talents.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Oh. Just visited Wikipedia for a minute. Typical Disney happy American schoolshit.

vomit
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2009
    A CD is already out for Hannah Montana Movie. Average soundtrackers can safely skip it (as expected) unless you like to hear the Silvestri/Ballard song. Not sure which one it is though.
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2009
    Debney did an interview with movie geeks united today.

I kinda wish I would've known about this ahead of time, because apparently you can ask questions by calling in live.

But they have the interview online, you can listen to it at:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/moviegeeksunited

Still haven't listened to it, but thought some of you might be interested.
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2009
    I guess I'm the only one who likes to talk about Debney LOL

Anyways I noticed there are some updates to his website and a youtube channel which has a couple different Passion Symphony videos in case some people haven't heard any of it, I sure hope it gets a release. Debney's best work IMO, even better than Cutthroat.

http://www.youtube.com/johndebney
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2009
    Earlier this spring, composer John Debney recorded his score to the new Brian Robbins/Eddie Murphy dramatic comedy, A Thousand Words. Recorded with an 81-piece orchestra and choir, ScoringSessions.com was at the orch sessions at Sony and is thrilled to bring our readers the exclusive photos!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2009
    ACADEMY AWARD NOMINATED COMPOSER
    JOHN DEBNEY
    SCORES “THE STONING OF SORAYA M.”

Composer reunites with “The Passion of the Christ” producer and actor

Special Screening Followed by a Q & A with the Film’s Director and Composer on July 1

Score Album Available on Varese Sarabande and iTunes

Los Angeles, CA- Academy Award nominated composer John Debney provides a gripping score for “The Stoning of Soraya M,” based on the New York Times Best Selling book by Freidoune Sahebjam, which tells the true story of an Iranian woman named Soraya, whose arranged marriage leads to a tragic ending. The film reunites Debney with “The Passion of the Christ”’s producer Stephen McEveety and actor James Caviezel. “The Stoning of Soraya M.,” written and directed by Cyrus Nowrasteh won the audience award at the Toronto International Film Festival. “The Stoning of Soraya M.” opens in select theatres on June 26. The score album is available on Varese Sarabande and through iTunes. An e-petition is being generated that will be sent to the United Nations’ general secretary and the U.S. secretary of state, in an effort to compel countries such as Iran to abolish their penal code that supports stoning. To sign the petition and for more information visit http://www.thestoning.com and click on “get involved.”

While composing the score, Debney wanted the music to reflect the culture in the film as well as the dichotomy it illustrates. He accomplished this task by incorporating ethnic instruments such as the Persian violin and cello, the Oud (a string instrument) and several world woodwinds. An 80-piece orchestra and vocal soloists including Tehran-born Sussan Deyhim complete the beautifully moving score.

John Debney’s solid reputation as a composer spans films in virtually all genres. His credits include “The Passion of the Christ,” for which he received an Oscar nomination; “The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor,” “Idlewild,” a Prohibition-era musical starring Outkast and featuring famed trumpeter Arturo Sandoval; animated films “Barnyard” and “Chicken Little,” comic-book inspired “Sin City,” and comedies “Elf” and “Liar, Liar.” The composer has further demonstrated his diversity with this year’s films’ “Hannah Montana” and upcoming releases, “Old Dogs,” “A Thousand Words” and “Aliens in The Attic.” Next year, Debney will travel to Saint Peter’s Square (The Vatican) for a performance of his symphony “The Passion Oratorio.”

In addition to his Oscar nomination, Debney has received three Emmy awards, a Dove award for “The Passion of the Christ,” A CUE award for the videogame score for “Lair,” and was the youngest recipient of the ASCAP Henry Mancini Award for Career Achievement. Debney has conducted concerts of his music with orchestras throughout the United States and Europe. John Debney’s ability to deliver the perfect score for a variety of films continues to make him one of the most sought after composers in Hollywood.

For representation, contact: Gorfaine/Schwartz Agency, Inc. at (818) 260-8500
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I've heard that this is a good one. Looking forward to hear it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    DemonStar wrote

It IS a good one. Close, very close, if not superior, to his Passion score. It contains one of Debney´s best cues ever: "The Stoning of Soraya M".
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Very nice! smile
  1. Marselus wrote
    DemonStar wrote

It IS a good one. Close, very close, if not superior, to his Passion score. It contains one of Debney´s best cues ever: "The Stoning of Soraya M".

perhaps it was my fault expecting the glory of The Passion of the Christ, but I was rather bored by it shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2009
    New from Varese Sarabande:
    Another Debney comedy score... well... time will tell.

ALIENS IN THE ATTIC
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed and Conducted by John Debney

ALIENS IN THE ATTIC is an adventure/comedy about kids on a family vacation who must fight off an attack by knee-high alien invaders with world-destroying ambitions — while the youngsters' parents remain clueless about the battle. Starring Kevin Nealon, Robert Hoffman, Doris Roberts, Tim Meadows and Ashley Tisdale, and co-scripted by one of the writers of Madagascar and the Academy Award®-winning Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were Rabbit.

The adventurous and fun score was composed by Bruce Almighty composer John Debney.

20th Century Fox will open ALIENS IN THE ATTIC on July 31.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 066 982 2
    Release Date: 08/11/09
  2. at least we can anticipate a larger more orchestral rousing affair
    cool smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Adventure/comedy. Mmmkay, you can anticipate that wink
  3. Christodoulides wrote

if it's as FUN as Zathura, I'm game smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Indeed; but whenever i see the "comedy" tag in a Debney score, i almost know what it'll be like wink
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Indeed; but whenever i see the "comedy" tag in a Debney score, i almost know what it'll be like wink

I just hope not "Meet Dave"
    • CommentAuthortimme
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2009
    There's an interview with John Debney online on www.filmmusicsite.com. He talks about his latest films such as The Stoning of Soraya M, Hotel for Dogs, Hannah Montana: the Movie, his additional music for The Mummy, Aliens in the Attic, A 1000 Words and Iron Man 2.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    So he is doing Iron Man 2? I thought that was just a rumor/IMDB error?
  5. They finally trusted Favreau?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    Debney should be careful with his words. I remember him saying that he would score the first Iron Man movie as well but in the end Djawadi got the job.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, between Jawadi and Debney lies a big "i don't care" space for me, for any of the 2 cases wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Check out the poster. All your answers in there vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I saw the trailer to that in the cinema. I thought it was a fake-trailer, srsly.

Oh John, John, John... you should really consult your Bible for some extra guidance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Oh John, John, John... you should really consult your Bible for some extra guidance.

lol
  6. PawelStroinski wrote
    They finally trusted Favreau?

perhaps Favreau always wanted John to be on board of Iron Man, and perhaps several producers wanted a new ?fetching cool? sound instead?

I think the real problem lies here with the producers and their "knowledge" of what film music needs to be like

Favreau wanted Debney from the get go
    at least that's my opinion
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    They finally trusted Favreau?

perhaps Favreau always wanted John to be on board of Iron Man, and perhaps several producers wanted a new ?fetching cool? sound instead?

I think the real problem lies here with the producers and their "knowledge" of what film music needs to be like

Favreau wanted Debney from the get go
    at least that's my opinion

Interesting. Under this excuse, it seems that all the world's reasonable and knowledgeable producers are working with people like John Williams, Horner, Rombi, Desplat, Giacchino and in the past with Jerry Goldsmith, Poledouris, Kamen and co. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    BasilB wrote
    New from Varese Sarabande:
    Another Debney comedy score... well... time will tell.

ALIENS IN THE ATTIC
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed and Conducted by John Debney

ALIENS IN THE ATTIC is an adventure/comedy about kids on a family vacation who must fight off an attack by knee-high alien invaders with world-destroying ambitions — while the youngsters' parents remain clueless about the battle. Starring Kevin Nealon, Robert Hoffman, Doris Roberts, Tim Meadows and Ashley Tisdale, and co-scripted by one of the writers of Madagascar and the Academy Award®-winning Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were Rabbit.

The adventurous and fun score was composed by Bruce Almighty composer John Debney.

20th Century Fox will open ALIENS IN THE ATTIC on July 31.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 066 982 2
    Release Date: 08/11/09

First it was outer space, then it was Earth and now it takes place on the attic?!?

Oh, how the mighty have fallen! Will Giger still do the design? Freudian storage boxes?
    I am extremely serious.