• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Another big scoring assignment for the composer:
    Debney joining Predators:
    http://filmmusicreporter.wordpress.com/ … predators/
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2010
    lp, admit it man. You're excited about her hot shorts.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tina can fiddle with me anytime! lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2010 edited
    She can fiddle my THAT'S IT I AM OUT OF HERE!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Christodoulides wrote
    lp, admit it man. You're excited about her hot shorts.

i thought she was wearing long pair of jean.... shocked

Not a fan of the heavy eye makeup though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Christodoulides wrote
    Oh.

Oh yeah. Btw, we need more sexy musicians like Anna Marie Calhoun and Tina Guo. We have those two, and Vanessa Mae comes into mind as well as Lil' Haydn, both are violinists. I think Lil' Haydn did work on a Zimmer score a couple years ago, I think....
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    So... what does everyone think about the musical ideas presented in those clips? Sounds a bit like something from the RC oeuvre though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Mate, who cares about film music when you have such babes with hot shorts wink

Seriously though, it sounds pretty generic RC, like a retake on the first iron man score. Those who loved that, will also like this i am sure. I wasn't excited, i expected something more intelligent from Debney...and the way he shakes his head like he's headbanging...oh well, i can't blame him much. I'd behave a little...weird too, a hot babe with hot shorts and a huge musical instrument in-between her legs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Seriously though, it sounds pretty generic RC, like a retake on the first iron man score. Those who loved that, will also like this i am sure. I wasn't excited, i expected something more intelligent from Debney...and the way he shakes his head like he's headbanging...oh well, i can't blame him much.

All you heard was a 30 second guitar solo without the backing of any other elements! I'm sure you could have said the same thing about The Scorpion King or Kull The Conqueror but when you hear all the elements come together those two scores worked out just fine!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. Scorefanatic wrote
    Another big scoring assignment for the composer:

sleep
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2010
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Seriously though, it sounds pretty generic RC, like a retake on the first iron man score. Those who loved that, will also like this i am sure. I wasn't excited, i expected something more intelligent from Debney...and the way he shakes his head like he's headbanging...oh well, i can't blame him much.

All you heard was a 30 second guitar solo without the backing of any other elements! I'm sure you could have said the same thing about The Scorpion King or Kull The Conqueror but when you hear all the elements come together those two scores worked out just fine!

-Erik-

I totally agree with Erik. In those clips you heard about, what, less than 2 minutes of "demo" music that was apparently recorded 4-5 mos. ago (based on when the clips were uploaded to Facebook), when Debney just recently recorded his score at Abbey Road studios. That's a 4 month gap, which means a lot can change. You should reserve judgment for the final product.

I think it sounded fine, even though was such a short clip. I'm very excited! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

-Erik-

Nop. Scorpion King doesn't sound like that. We'll wait and listen to the score of course.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Mate, who cares about film music when you have such babes with hot shorts wink

Seriously though, it sounds pretty generic RC, like a retake on the first iron man score. Those who loved that, will also like this i am sure. I wasn't excited, i expected something more intelligent from Debney...and the way he shakes his head like he's headbanging...oh well, i can't blame him much. I'd behave a little...weird too, a hot babe with hot shorts and a huge musical instrument in-between her legs.

Basil Poledouris in Robocop mode would've been great for this.....oh well sad
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    lp wrote
    So no one picked up these YouTube clips from John Debney featuring Tina Guo (from Sherlock Holmes and Djawadi's Clash of the Titans) playing recording solo accompaniments for the Iron Man 2 score?

I"m excited.

Dark theme
    Action bit
    Action bit 2
    Demo

I didn't even pick up on your post until now. That already sound better than anything Djawadi did for the first film, and we haven't even heard a second of orchestra yet.
  3. Scorefanatic wrote
    Another big scoring assignment for the composer:

well, at least I glad to have him on board of that, than on something romantic instead
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2010 edited
    Searching some John Debney music on youtube I came across this great video interview with Debney I'd never seen before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd01i4AjWIo

I'm so excited for Iron Man 2! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2010
    I wonder why Debney's score for IM2 hasn't been announced for commercial release yet. Who else thinks that Varese will have the honors?
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2010
    the honors?
  4. Debney told me on Twitter that it's gonna be most probably Sony Classical.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  5. PawelStroinski wrote
    Debney told me on Twitter that it's gonna be most probably Sony Classical.

as long as it gets released
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2010
    Go here and listen to short clips from the score, which does have that RC sound weaved in and out of the orchestral parts.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm not going to blindly form an opinion on 30 second samples.

Track six reminds me of Eraser.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2010 edited
    Anthony wrote
    I'm not going to blindly form an opinion on 30 second samples.

Track six reminds me of Eraser.

My opinion above was of the 30second samples, which was, in short, "underwhelming". My opinion of the actual album will vary, and, hopefully, might not contain "derivative", "temp track influenced", and "boring".
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Mr. Debney just posted at FB that the soundtrack may be a double CD release. cool
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    No query against that here!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    DemonStar wrote
    Mr. Debney just posted at FB that the soundtrack may be a double CD release. cool

All score? Or that one disc will be song only?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    He specifically says "score album" but that got me thinking whether one of the discs would be ACDC's music.
  6. Anthony wrote
    No query against that here!

Not yet, anyway -- Thor hasn't copy & pasted his reply yet...
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    lol
    Touché.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn