• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2010
    biggrin

Touché indeed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2010
    justin boggan wrote
    Anthony wrote
    No query against that here!

Not yet, anyway -- Thor hasn't copy & pasted his reply yet...

No need now, is there, when I have such an excellent spokesperson as yourself!? wink
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2010
    I've noticed on Twitter that Debney flew back out to London last month to re-record new cues at Air Lyndhurst... that orchestra is freaking massive!
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2010 edited
    lp wrote
    Go here and listen to short clips from the score, which does have that RC sound weaved in and out of the orchestral parts.

Wow! They Have changed the composer? or Only the Mixing? tongue

Anyway....Orchestral + Electric guitars + Chorus = I gonna love it!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2010 edited
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2010
    Anthony wrote
    Damn record companies angry

???

How did you come to that from "July 7 looks to be the release day of Ironman 2 score..."??
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Because that's to months after the film!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Beautiful wonderful record companies! They are releasing the score!! punk
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2010
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2010
    Nice article, thanks for sharing. smile
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2010 edited
    EDIT
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2010 edited
    Oh yeah and this one:

Whiplash vs. Iron Man suitcase armor

You can hear some of Debney's music, but it's pretty toned down compared to the sound effects which are pretty darn loud in this scene.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2010
    thanks for the link. the music sounds enjoyable, but nothing more. but perfect for the film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2010
    JOHN DEBNEY REUNITES with JON FAVREAU for the 3RD TIME for IRON MAN 2

Composer JOHN DEBNEY reunites with director Jon Favreau for third time for “Iron Man 2” (Elf, Zathura). He recently recorded the score with full orchestra at world famous Abbey Road. Debney is incorporating both classical motifs and rock sounds into his original score. The Marvel sequel starring Robert Downey, Jr. opens in theatres on Friday, May 7, 2010 (US). The score album will be available through Sony Classical on July 6. Currently Debney is creating music for the upcoming “Predators” sequel/prequel; opening in theatres on July 9. In the fall, Debney will travel to the Vatican for a performance of “The Passion Oratorio” in St. Peter’s Square.

Debney was Academy Award® nominated score to “The Passion of the Christ” to his work on Disney’s “Hannah Montana: The Movie;” which Debney and Glen Ballard collaborated on the song “Butterfly Fly Away” performed by Miley and Billy Ray Cyrus. (Lyrics by Ballard, conducted and arranged by Debney.) . Last year he received critical acclaim for his score to the dramatic film “The Stoning of Soraya M.”

In addition to his Oscar® nomination, last year Debney received multiple Career Achievement Awards from the Burbank International Film Festival, the Hollywood Music in Media Awards and the Temecula Valley International Film Festival. Debney has received several Emmys®, a Dove® award for “The Passion of the Christ” and a CUE® award for the “The Passion of the Christ” and “The Princess Diaries.” Debney received a BAFTA® nomination for his score to the videogame “Lair” and was the youngest recipient of the ASCAP Henry Mancini Award for Career Achievement, and has conducted concerts of his music with orchestras throughout the United States and Europe. Some of Debney’s film credits include “Idlewild,” a Prohibition-era musical starring the duo Outkast and featuring famed trumpeter Arturo Sandoval; the animated films “Barnyard” and “Chicken Little;” the comic-book inspired “Sin City” and the comedies “Elf” and “Liar, Liar.”
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Um... okay?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Yay!

sorry
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Point?
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2010
    I'd probably rate his earlier score for Favreau - Zathura - as nearly my favourite score of his, just above Cutthoat Island, Dreamer and Sudden Death. The whole notion of rock guitars scares me a bit though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2010
    Yeah, Zathura is a very good score, overshadowed i'd say. The snippets i've heard from this sound like an extension of Djawadi's but not an improvement.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2010
    A 2 minutes clip from the movie, with Debney's score. From what I can hear, I'm still not impressed, but I'll wait until the score album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I watched the film at the cinema. It's got nothing of importance in it, in any aspect, score included. See the recent viewing thread for more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Christodoulides wrote
    I watched the film at the cinema. It's got nothing of importance in it, in any aspect, score included. See the recent viewing thread for more.

Did you stay and see the post credit clip?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nop. What did it have?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nop. What did it have?

Agent Poulson in New Mexico, coming up to a giant crater created by Thor's hammer. Hammer included.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2010
    Wasn't too sure if this was shared before...

Iron Man 2 Composer John Debney Talks Film Scoring, Working With Tom Morello

Last week, Tom Morello confirmed that he was contributing to the soundtrack of Marvel Studio’s Iron Man 2. But the man who is actually behind the score to this summer’s most anticipated block buster is Academy Award Nominated composer John Debney, who has worked on everything from movies like Sin City to The Passion Of The Christ. Metal Insider caught up with Debney to talk about his experience with the Rage Against The Machine guitarist, what we can expect from Iron Man 2, and what it takes to make it in the movie composition business.

http://www.metalinsider.net/interviews/ … om-morello
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2010
    Predators scoring session
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCq9zJR-J04
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm pretty sure that's IM2?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2010 edited
    wait a sec.....i linked the wrong video
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nah I don't think you did.

JB on Facebook - "Oops the clip previously uploaded is from IM2 London sessions!"

You'd think he'd know the difference. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Fuck. Debney's output during the last couple of years all sounds the same, truth to be told wink Anyway eager to hear this, i hope it's more thematic than im2