• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2009
    Hi everybody,

I recently bought DVD of "Patch Adams". I am so delighted and feel that i have done great privilege to own this DVD. I say this one is Robin Williams one of the best performance. He is really great in the movie. In fact, i can't control my laughter. Yes, indeed he proved through his brilliant acting skills that laughter is the best medicine. I deeply admire Robin Williams. He is really a gifted actor.

Second thing, i simply love the score for this movie. Hats off to Marc Shaiman, who did a fantastic job. I feel now that he should have won Oscar for his best original score for this movie. Overall, this movie is very thoughtful one. Hats off to Patch Hunter Adams! Your theory works and rocks the world.

What's your opinion, guys?
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Don't remember the movie much but the score is still one of top favorite inputs by Shaiman. Very emotional, very delicate, short and sweet. He sure handles this genre very well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2009 edited
    There's a certain emoticon that describes my feelings for both film and score. Let's try and find it.

Is it this one?

cheesy

No, it's not that one.

Perhaps this one?

punk

No, definitely not that one.

How about this one?

vomit

Yeah! That's the one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Just to disagree with Steven ( tongue ), I think it was a fun and touching film - if not very original. I can't recall the score though sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I absolutely LOVE the score, it's so irresistibly feel-good and heartwarming!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I've never listened to it outside the movie admittedly, but it doesn't half have me reaching for mah bucket in the movie. vomit
  1. Maybe it's the irresistible character that Steven has a problem with?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I found both the film and the score unbearingly saccharine (in fact, one of the most syrupy things I've ever seen!), but I DO agree with you that Robin Williams is a fine actor and comic genius.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. I adore the movie and score, and what a nice surprise to have the isolated score as part of the bonus features

It is emotional firepower
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2009
    I don't have any of Marc Shaiman's works, but i am glad to own this DVD, where i have good opportunity to listen Shaiman's magic. Score is awesome. In fact, score lifts the spirit and emotion of the audience. AWESOME! applause
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil - Yu might want to visit THIS THREAD

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    I know very well, my friend! kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    How about this one?

vomit

Yeah! That's the one.

lol